Kaaya staying IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people saying we'd have a limited ceiling next year with Kaaya, he just had a season of 3,532 yards, 62% comp, 27 TD's, 7 Int's.

Kaaya just put together the best season for a Miami QB nearly 15 years. Everyone, and I mean everyone should be hoping he returns.

captain empty stats

talk to me about crunch time

Advertisement
Love the jnfo from Brooklyn but but you white knights are driving me crazy. Man doesn't need the defenders. And he should own up that his post said he got his grade - singular - as in suggesting it's the grade from the advisory committee. No big deal and quickly cleared up. He got back some evaluations from a few sources and the consensus put him in the late fifth as a grade. Coupled with the advisory committee not grading him in the first two rounds, it should help persuade him to stay.

Why does "5th round grade" automatically mean it came from the NFL advisory committee? You guys read that into Dee's post. I didn't make that assumption because I know that Dee knows the NFL advisory committee only gives out 1st or 2nd round grades.

People love their gotcha moments on here. So they saw a chance to cite the fact that the NFL only gives 1st and 2nd round grades and rub Dee's face in it instead of just asking for a clarification on what he meant by "grade." The way he phrased it could just as easily be read the way he meant it.

Agreed all the way around - based on what Pete said it seems like the decision is dragging out longer than expected (or at least the announcement) which I think likely indicates something shifted the momentum to staying vs. leaving. A 5th round projection from people in the league and a referral to stay in college from the advisory committee should do that.

Kaaya would be wise to gather all the info he can. There should be no rush. And he needs to stay completely away from anything any agent tells him.

If he listens to legit people with his best interest at heart he'll come back. It should be a no brainer really.

Love the jnfo from Brooklyn but but you white knights are driving me crazy. Man doesn't need the defenders. And he should own up that his post said he got his grade - singular - as in suggesting it's the grade from the advisory committee. No big deal and quickly cleared up. He got back some evaluations from a few sources and the consensus put him in the late fifth as a grade. Coupled with the advisory committee not grading him in the first two rounds, it should help persuade him to stay.

Why does "5th round grade" automatically mean it came from the NFL advisory committee? You guys read that into Dee's post. I didn't make that assumption because I know that Dee knows the NFL advisory committee only gives out 1st or 2nd round grades.

People love their gotcha moments on here. So they saw a chance to cite the fact that the NFL only gives 1st and 2nd round grades and rub Dee's face in it instead of just asking for a clarification on what he meant by "grade." The way he phrased it could just as easily be read the way he meant it.

Agreed all the way around - based on what Pete said it seems like the decision is dragging out longer than expected (or at least the announcement) which I think likely indicates something shifted the momentum to staying vs. leaving. A 5th round projection from people in the league and a referral to stay in college from the advisory committee should do that.

Kaaya would be wise to gather all the info he can. There should be no rush. And he needs to stay completely away from anything any agent tells him.

If he listens to legit people with his best interest at heart he'll come back. It should be a no brainer really.

Yup, nothing in his career positively distinguishes him from last year's class of senior QB's who all got selected between the late 3rd and the 5th. Connor Cook (100th), Jacoby Brissett (91st), Cody Kessler (93rd), Dak (135th) and Kevin Hogan (162nd). There were 3 first round qbs taken ahead of that group (and the ridiculous Hackenberg selection in the 2nd) which is about how many rank ahead of Kaaya in the current consensus, so I think it's safe to say if he were to declare an optimistic projection would be somewhere between 75-150. His decision to go back to school should be pretty obvious.

Exactly. Let him sort through whatever he needs to sort through. QBs in this draft. Next year. Our roster. Development. Relationships. Finances. Line it up. Decide. He isn't on our clock.

Advertisement
Hope he comes back. We have a real shot at winning big next year if he returns. I have zero interest in wasting a season looking for a serviceable QB. Kaaya should come back and cement his spot in this programs history by helping it potentially win the ACC.

Ken Dorsey, whose records he broke, was drafted in the seventh round. His short career but long coaching career is a testament to his knowledge but he didn't flourish in the pros. Some ma y be better in college than in the pros. I have trouble believing the UNC quarterback is ranked number 1.

Sad, but true: if Kaaya had beaten FSU in OT, UNC, and ND in South Bend, I think he's out the door.

Advertisement
Love our overall history with QB's but it'd also be nice if our more recent history produced more activity at the NFL level at that position that might be a voice of reason for Kaaya. I don't know what their level of communication is but Dorsey would probably be the best member of the family to give advice right now- certainly better than Rudy Carpenter or George Whitfield or God forbid an agent.

Kaaya would be mentally retarded to leave early to be a 5th round pick. A 5th round pick actually stands a larger chance of being cut than he does making an NFL team. Last time I looked something like only 30% of 5th round picks make rosters.

Unfortunately, UM fans have been brainwashed into thinking any player who has some success here absolutely must leave early. Not every college player who has success at the college level needs to leave early.

Yeah, it's crazy.
One of our players puts together a string of games where they shine and discussion
starts about player having one foot out of the door.
Sometimes I wonder if these folks are more NFL, than UM, fans.

Kaaya would be mentally retarded to leave early to be a 5th round pick. A 5th round pick actually stands a larger chance of being cut than he does making an NFL team. Last time I looked something like only 30% of 5th round picks make rosters.

Unfortunately, UM fans have been brainwashed into thinking any player who has some success here absolutely must leave early. Not every college player who has success at the college level needs to leave early.

But not a 4th or 5th Round QB...they have a greater chance than not at seeing STARTS in their rookie season.

I think it'd be silly for Kaaya to declare, as I don't like him as an NFL prospect anyway (what you see is what you get - inconsistent and he folds under consistent pressure), but you aren't fixing what he struggles with in college. He'll still have time in the NFL as a primary backup and spot starter regardless of whether he comes back or leaves. I think he maxes out as a 4th or 5th round pick.

Couple of you have said something about him leaving because of relationships. Does he have a bad relationship with this staff? If so, who and why?

Advertisement
Couple of you have said something about him leaving because of relationships. Does he have a bad relationship with this staff? If so, who and why?

I have no idea, but I think he had a very good relationship with Coley. That was his guy and vice versa.

From everything I have read, scouts who have evaluated our players were unanimous that Kaaya should stay and Njoku should go.

100% of the 2016 5th rounders made the active or practice squad rosters, and only 2 were on the practice squad.

Advertisement
Ken Dorsey, whose records he broke, was drafted in the seventh round. His short career but long coaching career is a testament to his knowledge but he didn't flourish in the pros. Some ma y be better in college than in the pros. I have trouble believing the UNC quarterback is ranked number 1.

Everyone knew Dorsey wasn't going to be a great pro QB. He had by far the most talented roster in college football history around him. He just had the intellect and the mechanics to not mess it up.

To the people saying we'd have a limited ceiling next year with Kaaya, he just had a season of 3,532 yards, 62% comp, 27 TD's, 7 Int's.

Kaaya just put together the best season for a Miami QB nearly 15 years. Everyone, and I mean everyone should be hoping he returns.

And yet, he still blew it against FSU with the game changing interception

Good lord, you went full ****** with that statement.

And yet, he still blew it against FSU with the game changing interception

Good lord, you went full ****** with that statement.

His interception cost us that game. Anyone that disagrees was not paying attention

Kaaya has been getting projected to get picked in the 2nd round quite a bit lately. I highly doubt that he wont get picked until late 5th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back