Kaaya staying IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Agreed. I was caught off guard by a 2nd round projection. Not that I think he is horrible, just surprising. If that is the case I would expect him to go without question. But again, it is bleacher report.

Not sure how much stock I put in a Bleacher Report article but if there is any validity to this report, it contradicts everything we've been saying about Kaaya in this thread: Bleacher Report Mock Draft has Brad Kaaya, David Njoku going in 2nd round of NFL Draft - State of The U
In the latest version of his NFL Draft projections, Bleacher/Report NFL analyst Matt Miller has Miami Hurricanes underclassmen QB Brad Kaaya and TE David Njoku slated as 2nd round picks.

I have seen nobody project him to him late 5th round. The latest most have him is 3rd round.

Not sure how much stock I put in a Bleacher Report article but if there is any validity to this report, it contradicts everything we've been saying about Kaaya in this thread: Bleacher Report Mock Draft has Brad Kaaya, David Njoku going in 2nd round of NFL Draft - State of The U
In the latest version of his NFL Draft projections, Bleacher/Report NFL analyst Matt Miller has Miami Hurricanes underclassmen QB Brad Kaaya and TE David Njoku slated as 2nd round picks.

I have seen nobody project him to him late 5th round. The latest most have him is 3rd round.

The decision shouldn't be this difficult for him one way or the other. He knows his draft grade etc... is he waiting to see if any other QBs declare or what.

New GMs would take a risk on him in the late second early third, I mean the dolphins took tannehill with a relatively early first round pick. But he won't do anything in the NFL his first years and unlike last year, he is going to have to claw his way back into the first round discussion instead of being deemed a top two pick. My advice will be get your degree, crush UM passing records, win the costal and potentially get us into the college football playoffs and our future will be VERY bright.

Advertisement
Evans from Va Texh just declared. Pushes Brad one more spot down on the QB ranks.

So he just got his grade back & he got a grade of low fifth round. He's not the type that will impress at combines either. Not really a physical specimen so he pretty much knows his grade. Knowing Angela I can't see her supporting a decision to leave now & brad is every bit as mama's boy. Considering that & our schedule next year I'd have to guess (emphasize I'm guessing here)that he'll be back. With him here next year & oline tightened up well be in the playoffs period.

He might be staying, but no, his grade wasn't low 5th round. That's completely made up.

The decision shouldn't be this difficult for him one way or the other. He knows his draft grade etc... is he waiting to see if any other QBs declare or what.

He said a decision should come some time this week i believe.

Advertisement
I was under the assumption that your NFL draft grade was that you're either in the 1st or 2nd round, or nothing at all.

You're 100% correct. Only grades you receive are potential 1st or 2nd. The information that was posted was completely made up.

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Final Regular-Season Projections | Bleacher Report
Matt Miller has NJoku and Kaaya going top of round 2. And Corn Elder going early round 3. Stacy Coley going round 5. and probably most surprising, Joe Yearby going round 6.

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Final Regular-Season Projections | Bleacher Report
Matt Miller has NJoku and Kaaya going top of round 2. And Corn Elder going early round 3. Stacy Coley going round 5. and probably most surprising, Joe Yearby going round 6.

Walter football has him going early 3rd round to the jags i think.

Advertisement
So he was supposed to make a decision a couple days after bowl game. Wonder what the hold up is? He could still be trying to determine his draft status. He could also be checking on insurance options if he stayed. Who knows at this point.

The only reason why Brad COULD get drafted higher than round 5 is that the position is so over-valued and rightfully so. However i think Brad is a really good college QB. He can read a defense decently, he's tough as nails (NO ONE CAN DENY HIM THIS!), and he is accurate for the most part. The downfalls are his downfall (pocket presence and feet), however the biggest one that i see are his deep ball throws. He is not a good, **** not even a decent deep ball thrower. You need to be able to drive the ball downfield in the pros if you want to last. His balls that go over 40 yards are floating ducks a lot of time. He needs to show he can hit a deep ball with consistancy in the pros

So he was supposed to make a decision a couple days after bowl game. Wonder what the hold up is? He could still be trying to determine his draft status. He could also be checking on insurance options if he stayed. Who knows at this point.

He said early january.

Advertisement
I think Brad slides after some workouts and his consistency comes into question. Walter Football has him as the 6th QB and between 3rd and 5th round. I would be surprised if he is anywhere in the first 3 rounds. Brad has potential, but he can't seem to get past that.

I think Brad slides after some workouts and his consistency comes into question. Walter Football has him as the 6th QB and between 3rd and 5th round. I would be surprised if he is anywhere in the first 3 rounds. Brad has potential, but he can't seem to get past that.

Texas Tech QB likely announcing tomorrow that he is also entering. Brad is likely waiting to see who all is on the board before deciding to come back.

Watching the Qb's today and the past days, there is no way Kaaya should stay. In particular watching the PSU USC game, both qb's making plays with their arms and feet that Kaaya just will never make. If Miami is to compete, it would be best without Kaaya. JMHO

[TWEET]816087458089574400[/TWEET]

Likely another QB to compete with should Kaaya declare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back