Kaaya staying IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Qb's today and the past days, there is no way Kaaya should stay. In particular watching the PSU USC game, both qb's making plays with their arms and feet that Kaaya just will never make. If Miami is to compete, it would be best without Kaaya. JMHO

I agree long-term success is without Kaaya but it would be nice to redshirt Perry while Kaaya leads us next year.

Advertisement
[TWEET]816087458089574400[/TWEET]

Likely another QB to compete with should Kaaya declare.

I doubt you have a press conference to announce you're declaring.

I think Brad slides after some workouts and his consistency comes into question. Walter Football has him as the 6th QB and between 3rd and 5th round. I would be surprised if he is anywhere in the first 3 rounds. Brad has potential, but he can't seem to get past that.

They have him going early 3rd round to the jags.

One thing to consider is the low number of QB's drafted last year.

Advertisement
My sauces tell me to expect Kaaya decision on or before Wednesday.

Watching the Qb's today and the past days, there is no way Kaaya should stay. In particular watching the PSU USC game, both qb's making plays with their arms and feet that Kaaya just will never make. If Miami is to compete, it would be best without Kaaya. JMHO

Long term maybe. But he is the best option for next year.

I think Brad slides after some workouts and his consistency comes into question. Walter Football has him as the 6th QB and between 3rd and 5th round. I would be surprised if he is anywhere in the first 3 rounds. Brad has potential, but he can't seem to get past that.

There is more than one company that predicts the draft.

Here is what Walter Football Says

1. 12/31/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

In 2016, Kaaya completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,532 yards with 27 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He, specifically, put together underwhelming performances in losses to Florida State and North Carolina. Kaaya has some crippling weaknesses in looking down at the rush and a lack of mobility to avoid sacks. He takes a lot of sacks, and his eyes don't stay downfield when under pressure.

Kaaya's game against Appalachian State illustrated that he has serious pocket-passing talent for the NFL though. His protection has been an issue in other outings, but when Kaaya is given time, he's deadly. Kaaya showed that he has a big arm, pocket presence, is accurate in tight windows, can throw perfect touch passes, and has field vision to work through his protections. The problem is he has to be able to thrive without a perfect pocket to throw from, which puts too much pressure on his offensive line to be flawless.

7/29/16: 2015 was a rough year for Miami and Kaaya had to battle through with a weak supporting cast. He completed 61 percent of his passes for 3,242 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions on the season. Kaaya didn't develop significantly over his freshman-year performance.

Kaaya has a good physical skill set with a strong arm that can make all the throws. At times, he has displayed some pocket-passing ability to go along with poise. In 2014, Kaaya completed 59 percent of his passes for 3,198 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Kaaya had a ton of talent around him as a freshman in the form of a stud left tackle (Ereck Flowers), wide receiver (Phillip Dorsett) and running back (Duke Johnson).

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

Advertisement

Why does everyone put so much emphasis on what Walter football says or thinks

Why does everyone put so much emphasis on what Walter football says or thinks

No idea, but they had Kaaya going 2nd overall around a year ago, so I think they are a good source of perceived progression.

There is more than one company that predicts the draft.

Here is what Walter Football Says

1. 12/31/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership.

In 2016, Kaaya completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,532 yards with 27 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He, specifically, put together underwhelming performances in losses to Florida State and North Carolina. Kaaya has some crippling weaknesses in looking down at the rush and a lack of mobility to avoid sacks. He takes a lot of sacks, and his eyes don't stay downfield when under pressure.

Kaaya's game against Appalachian State illustrated that he has serious pocket-passing talent for the NFL though. His protection has been an issue in other outings, but when Kaaya is given time, he's deadly. Kaaya showed that he has a big arm, pocket presence, is accurate in tight windows, can throw perfect touch passes, and has field vision to work through his protections. The problem is he has to be able to thrive without a perfect pocket to throw from, which puts too much pressure on his offensive line to be flawless.

7/29/16: 2015 was a rough year for Miami and Kaaya had to battle through with a weak supporting cast. He completed 61 percent of his passes for 3,242 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions on the season. Kaaya didn't develop significantly over his freshman-year performance.

Kaaya has a good physical skill set with a strong arm that can make all the throws. At times, he has displayed some pocket-passing ability to go along with poise. In 2014, Kaaya completed 59 percent of his passes for 3,198 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Kaaya had a ton of talent around him as a freshman in the form of a stud left tackle (Ereck Flowers), wide receiver (Phillip Dorsett) and running back (Duke Johnson).

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017QB.php

Yeah walter football mock draft has him going to the jags in the 3rd round.

Advertisement
Qbs always gets pushed up. Christian ponder and tannehill both had 2nd round grades and went high 1st round. Colin kapernick had a 4th round grade and went 2nd round. Bridgewater had a 2nd round grade he went 1st.

Tom savage who played at pitt a couple years ago went 4th round and kaaya is way better than that dude. And savage is a statue in the pocket too.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 1m1 minute ago
#Miami Quarterback Brad Kaaya to skip his SR season to enter the NFL Draft

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back