Kaaya Ranked 23rd Best Player in ACC

Advertisement
13th best odds in the nation to win the heisman, led the ACC in passing TD's as a true freshman. He was a competent DC away from ending FSU's 20 plus game Win streak as a TRUE Freshman. 3/1 TD int ratio. Yeah he had negative rushing yards but did you see the mans O-Line? That line was by far the worst line I've witnessed since I started following this program in 1997. Doesn't help when your O-line also leads the nation in false starts, Canes could've had Cam Newton last year and still wouldn't have made it to the ACC championship game. Give the kid a break.

Kaaya sucks

Why is it that some draft rating services have Kaaya as the no.1 selection in the 2017 NFL draft?

Same idiots that had Matt Barkley ranked 1
There were no services that had Barkley projected as the first pick in the draft. There are quite a few NFL scouts that believe he has a bright NFL future. He is the most talented QB we have had since Vinny, he just has not had the players or coaching around him.
if he throws 25 tds and about 4-6 ints, he'll be one of the highest rated qb to ever be scouted literally will be on Andrew luck kind of rating when he came out.im not even kidding that's coming from my father who's been a scout for years now. They think he has more than a bright future, they think there's perennial pro bowl potential in him

Lmao

Advertisement
I THINK ITS TOO HIGH.....did you see his stats last year?

3,000 yards. 16 tds and 5 ints? where did I miss something

16tds??
You really dont know why that is?

It should've been 17tds and 4ints bc scott dropped TD in bowl game that turned into an int. 17tds and 4ints with that atrocious Oline and horrible OC would be deemed a miracle by any scout with a brain. Not including the 3 and a half quarters he didn't play vs clemson or the Duke game. And besides Coley show me 1 other target he could throw to with NFL talent? Theres a reason he's got the 6th highest odds of any QB in America to Win a Heisman next season. You're smarter than that Vern

16tds??

It should've been 17tds and 4ints bc scott dropped TD in bowl game that turned into an int. 17tds and 4ints with that atrocious Oline and horrible OC would be deemed a miracle by any scout with a brain. Not including the 3 and a half quarters he didn't play vs clemson or the Duke game. And besides Coley show me 1 other target he could throw to with NFL talent? Theres a reason he's got the 6th highest odds of any QB in America to Win a Heisman next season. You're smarter than that Vern

He had about 3-4 td taken off the board because of penalties. Missed 1 game and only played a qtr in the Clemson game. 3 rushing tds too

16tds??

He had about 3-4 td taken off the board because of penalties. Missed 1 game and only played a qtr in the Clemson game. 3 rushing tds too

Yes! Feel bad for that boy Walton, dude couldn't catch a break, his O Line mustve cost that kid at least 4 extra TDs last season

Advertisement
Kaaya is the most gifted QB since Vinny played here. Not saying he's Dorsey because he's not. But Everytime Dorsey dropped back he was handing it off to a Pro Bowl running back or throwing it to a HOF WR or Pro Bowl TE. Kaaya reaped the benefits his Freshman year when he was throwing to the likes of Duke, Dorsett and Clive (26 tds). And Duke, Dorsett and Clive can't hold McGahee, Shockey and Andre's jockstrap.

I agree that BK is our best QB since Dorsey -perhaps even better than Dorsey.

What is disheartening too me is when I see a guy like Watson who throws the ball as well as BK ,can throw on the run and take off for a 50 yd run if he has to.

Watson has play making ability BK will never have and so BK must make up for it with phenomenal passing stats which he has yet to do.

He was at very best the 3rd best QB in the ACC last season and next season at very best he will be the second best QB in the ACC. Not bad but certainly not a world beater. I dont really think he even has much more talent than Stephan Morris did. Im not sure why he gets ranked so high as a QB nationally like some other posters pointed out. The only thing I can think of is he is one of the few Sophomore QBs to start last year and he has pro typical size. It certainly wasnt his play that got him ranked so high.

Why is it that some draft rating services have Kaaya as the no.1 selection in the 2017 NFL draft?

Same idiots that had Matt Barkley ranked 1
There were no services that had Barkley projected as the first pick in the draft. There are quite a few NFL scouts that believe he has a bright NFL future. He is the most talented QB we have had since Vinny, he just has not had the players or coaching around him.
if he throws 25 tds and about 4-6 ints, he'll be one of the highest rated qb to ever be scouted literally will be on Andrew luck kind of rating when he came out.im not even kidding that's coming from my father who's been a scout for years now. They think he has more than a bright future, they think there's perennial pro bowl potential in him

Lmao
I don't understand whats funny. That's a shared sentiment throughout the scouting community, if you don't believe it then that's your problem. That's why other people are paid a lot of money to scout and you're not one of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Some of you all have this belief that Kaayas only issue is his lack of mobility. I disagree, that's just one issue but plenty of clutch qbs have performed better without being mobile either. Saying he is better than Ken Dorsey is disrespectful. How when he chokes constantly no matter the scenario? Jacory and Stephen Morris have won more games when it was on them or else than Kaaya has. Its not about the team has to do better, when the team isn't doing **** is when a great qb steps up and carry's them.

Some of you all have this belief that Kaayas only issue is his lack of mobility. I disagree, that's just one issue but plenty of clutch qbs have performed better without being mobile either. Saying he is better than Ken Dorsey is disrespectful. How when he chokes constantly no matter the scenario? Jacory and Stephen Morris have won more games when it was on them or else than Kaaya has. Its not about the team has to do better, when the team isn't doing **** is when a great qb steps up and carry's them.

He did a poor job tackling Dalvin Cook.

James Coley said 500 of his yards were from plays where the defense was offsides.

Advertisement

Jacory lost a lot more games too, people seem to forget that. Dude led the ncaa in picks one year. I agree that Kayaa has never taken the team on his back and that concerns me, but don't lay those losses at his feet. Every one of them could have been won with some defense. This is like blaming Duke for a fumble when our D gave up 984 yards to Nebraska. One player can only do so much no matter how good they are.

Kaaya needs to take more chances, with that being said his offensive line has to not let him get hit as much and block better in the run game. I'm just glad he will get elite coaching from a qb guru in richt. Let's see what he does with a real coach instead of unfairly judging his play under golden and co who micromanaged him ALOT. His stats overall is like 42 td 17 ints 60% 6500 yards

Because that did that after his freshman season but have since moved him down.

3rd QB here
The Sports Xchange College Football/NFL Draft Scout Rankings, From Prep to Pro Coverage by the Sports Xchange

4th overall here
2017 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

3rd QB here
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2018/QB

Needless to say I think we will have a much better idea after next season.

He needs to be coached up on his pocket awareness and pocket mobility, imo. But his success obviously is contingent on o-line play---they must play better.

Yep, as Searels goes, so goes Kayaa....not to mention the running game. Now...where is the next WR recruiting thread?

UM

Kaaya has been playing for Golden and Coley, and had one of the worse OL in Miami football history attempting to block for him...he's done well considering all that.

For all those killing Kaaya in this thread, what other pro-style QB from his class would you want instead?

Advertisement
Back