Kaaya Ranked 23rd Best Player in ACC

Advertisement
Seems about right to me.... I guarantee if we had Deshaun Watson we win 2 more games this past season regadless of coaching staff. And if Clemson had Kaaya they wouldn't have won the ACC.
They're two different QBs that do very different things for their teams. This statement sucks.Yea, Watson would probably be better running for his life behind a ****** O-Line than Kaaya.

Kaaya had -86 yards rushing last season. This has to be one of the worst I have ever seen. If he can't run every now and then for a first down on 3rd and short, he shouldn't even be ranked. Extending drives with your legs is hugely under-rated when evaluating a quarterback. It may not be an issue if he had a high 3rd down conversion rate, but he didn't.

Crippled Peyton Manning and 38-year old Tom Brady have better rushing statistics than that in the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya needs to take more chances, with that being said his offensive line has to not let him get hit as much and block better in the run game. I'm just glad he will get elite coaching from a qb guru in richt. Let's see what he does with a real coach instead of unfairly judging his play under golden and co who micromanaged him ALOT. His stats overall is like 42 td 17 ints 60% 6500 yards

Kaaya had -86 yards rushing last season. This has to be one of the worst I have ever seen. If he can't run every now and then for a first down on 3rd and short, he shouldn't even be ranked. Extending drives with your legs is hugely under-rated when evaluating a quarterback. It may not be an issue if he had a high 3rd down conversion rate, but he didn't.

Crippled Peyton Manning and 38-year old Tom Brady have better rushing statistics than that in the NFL.

Tanner Mangum, BYU -99 rushing yards
Luke Falk, WSU -114 rushing yards
Cody Kessler, USC. -132 rushing yards

Advertisement
Kaaya actually gets more out of his ability than any QB in the game. My grandma, in her Rascal scooter, can outrun Kaaya, and her sorry *** doesn't even have the best Rascal.

She's got the cheap Roustabout model and would still wag her crooked arthritic giant-knuckled finger at him as she tried her hardest to twist her stiff neck to look back at Kaaya as she crossed the finish line.

Kaaya is the slowest guy I've ever seen at UM, and that includes dirigibles like Freeman Brown and Ricky Perry. Kaaya makes Tom Brady look like Elroy Hirsch.

Even with his almost crippling physical limitations, Kaaya is going to have an incredible year and massive improvement under Richt's tutelage. Richt will work wonders with him. Watch.

The thing the probably irked me the most when pertaining to Kaaya's speed had nothing to do with him really. It was the play calling.

The Zone read option plays we ran a lot of from shotgun were futile. Defenders would just commit to gang tackling RB because they knew Kayaa would almost never keep it and run.
And in those rare instances he did keep the ball and run most Lineman and LBs had enough recovery speed to react and force Brad to take a sack or throw it away.

It was painful to watch.

I don't want (nor do I expect ) to see any of that in 2016.

Tanner Mangum, BYU -99 rushing yards
Luke Falk, WSU -114 rushing yards
Cody Kessler, USC. -132 rushing yards

Tanner ,Luke and Codys' teams all had -205,-290 and -256 in sacks while UM had -148, so lets give BK credit for doing a good job of avoiding sacks but I have to agree that BK might be the all-time worst ever running QB in the history of college football.

Hopefully in 2016 he can beat his all-time long run of 9 yards.

Kaaya sucks

Why is it that some draft rating services have Kaaya as the no.1 selection in the 2017 NFL draft?

Same idiots that had Matt Barkley ranked 1
There were no services that had Barkley projected as the first pick in the draft. There are quite a few NFL scouts that believe he has a bright NFL future. He is the most talented QB we have had since Vinny, he just has not had the players or coaching around him.

Advertisement
Kaaya actually gets more out of his ability than any QB in the game. My grandma, in her Rascal scooter, can outrun Kaaya, and her sorry *** doesn't even have the best Rascal.

She's got the cheap Roustabout model and would still wag her crooked arthritic giant-knuckled finger at him as she tried her hardest to twist her stiff neck to look back at Kaaya as she crossed the finish line.

Kaaya is the slowest guy I've ever seen at UM, and that includes dirigibles like Freeman Brown and Ricky Perry. Kaaya makes Tom Brady look like Elroy Hirsch.

Even with his almost crippling physical limitations, Kaaya is going to have an incredible year and massive improvement under Richt's tutelage. Richt will work wonders with him. Watch.

She might have a stronger arm also

Bovada released their Heisman odds today. Kaaya was 13th overall in the country.

PlayerOdds
Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson9/2
Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU5/1
Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford5/1
J.T. Barrett, QB, Ohio State10/1
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma10/1
Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia12/1
Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State12/1
Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon12/1
Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss12/1
Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma12/1
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama12/1
Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee16/1
Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami25/1

Kaaya sucks

Why is it that some draft rating services have Kaaya as the no.1 selection in the 2017 NFL draft?

There were no services that had Barkley projected as the first pick in the draft. There are quite a few NFL scouts that believe he has a bright NFL future. He is the most talented QB we have had since Vinny, he just has not had the players or coaching around him.
if he throws 25 tds and about 4-6 ints, he'll be one of the highest rated qb to ever be scouted literally will be on Andrew luck kind of rating when he came out.im not even kidding that's coming from my father who's been a scout for years now. They think he has more than a bright future, they think there's perennial pro bowl potential in him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya sucks

if he throws 25 tds and about 4-6 ints, he'll be one of the highest rated qb to ever be scouted literally will be on Andrew luck kind of rating when he came out.im not even kidding that's coming from my father who's been a scout for years now. They think he has more than a bright future, they think there's perennial pro bowl potential in him

His numbers would have been similar to that if the coaches threw the ball in the endzone and not settled for field goals

Walter Football did when Barkley was also a sophomore. That is the same site that has Kaaya projected as 4th overall in 2017.

Didn't have talent around him?

2015 Dorsett 1st round. Duke 3rd. Walford 3rd. Flowers 1st. Mongo 4th.
2016 on - Njoku, Yearby, Coley, Scott, Herndon, Herb

Talent hasn't been the issue and you can see that in his passing stat line. His problem has been winning and we have discussed a thousand times about his low conversion efficiencies. With Richt, this is where we will really see if we have a winner or not.

Kaaya is no doubt slow but I'm pretty sure the coaches didn't want him running. Ever. Even when they had Stephen Morris, who's not slow, how many times did he actually run with the football? He would scramble out of the pocket to make a throw but very rarely did he tuck it and run. Even when the opportunity for an easy first down was there. Whatever points you may want to take away from Kaaya for being slow, need to be reimbursed for being tough as ****. That dude got decked last year. A lot. They totally abandoned the run in quite a few games this past season and defenses could just tee off on him. He actually wasn't sacked very much but that's more due to his ability to get rid of the ball rather than the ability of his **** poor offensive line. He's by far the best quarterback to play in Miami since Dorsey and he can only improve with the help of Richt. After Watson, he's the best quarterback in the ACC.

Kaaya is good so let's see what happens. For me I want to see him be more competitive. Brads level of risk on his throws are the same throughout the game. That's ok if your winning but if your losing you need to try and make a play. Go watch TCU's bowl game and watch that walk own QB win the game.

Maybe it was all this trust your training crap.

I'll agree with this, there were times when we were third and long and he checked down and he should've pushed the ball down field to try and get the first down. Some of that is on Coley for poor route combinations but a lot of it is on Kaaya for being overly cautious.

Advertisement
Back