Kaaya Ranked 23rd Best Player in ACC

Seems about right to me.... I guarantee if we had Deshaun Watson we win 2 more games this past season regadless of coaching staff. And if Clemson had Kaaya they wouldn't have won the ACC.

I completely agree with the first part. Hard to judge the second point because of the offense Clemson runs being so contingent on Watson's skill set. No doubt Watson is better than Kaaya, not disputing that.

Advertisement
Seems about right to me.... I guarantee if we had Deshaun Watson we win 2 more games this past season regadless of coaching staff. And if Clemson had Kaaya they wouldn't have won the ACC.

This so true. I'm okay with pocket QBs but they need to have some scrambling ability ,whereas Kaaya has none whatsoever.

Even if he was rated as the number 2 qb after Watson I can only assume he was the only Cane to make the list...

Let's see what Richt can do with him. There are three areas where Brad needs to improve: (1) converting third downs; (2) converting in the red zone and (3) 4th quarter play. A lot of this is primarily Coley's fault as we just went into a shell at times.

Advertisement
Let's see what Richt can do with him. There are three areas where Brad needs to improve: (1) converting third downs; (2) converting in the red zone and (3) 4th quarter play. A lot of this is primarily Coley's fault as we just went into a shell at times.
i believe that was all play calling but he needs to not hold on to the ball so long. If scouts saw any of that as a problem he wouldn't be the #1 prospect for next year's draft

Kaaya is good so let's see what happens. For me I want to see him be more competitive. Brads level of risk on his throws are the same throughout the game. That's ok if your winning but if your losing you need to try and make a play. Go watch TCU's bowl game and watch that walk own QB win the game.

Maybe it was all this trust your training crap.

Kaaya is the QB we have needed for a lonnnnnng time . Kid is an insane talent and the best talent at that position we have had since at least the early 90's as Dorsey is my favorite Cane of all time but he won with his head more then his talent . Kaaya is going to be the 1st or 2nd Qb drafted next year .

Advertisement
Kaaya is good so let's see what happens. For me I want to see him be more competitive. Brads level of risk on his throws are the same throughout the game. That's ok if your winning but if your losing you need to try and make a play. Go watch TCU's bowl game and watch that walk own QB win the game.

Saw a backup do it against Duke this year. Not sure what team he played for, but he looked pretty confident on the road. Almost got the win stolen from him I heard. Would have been a shame.

I think Golden/Coley drilled it into his head not to take risks and turn the ball over to protect the defense. The offensive line did him no favors. There were many times he had no time to go through his progressions. I'm curious to see what Richt can do with him. First thing has to be that check downs are great, but not on third or fourth down. He needs to lead receivers on down field throws. Too many times we had guys behind the defense and the ball was under thrown. It'll be interesting to see how Kaaya performs without a proven receiving core outside of Coley.

I don't think what Kaaya is lacking is coachable. He doesn't have that will to win that you even see from players with less potential. But hope I'm wrong

I don't think what Kaaya is lacking is coachable. He doesn't have that will to win that you even see from players with less potential. But hope I'm wrong

I don't know how you can say he doesn't have the will to win. I think he does, he just hasn't came through in the clutch. But neither has the rest of the team. The entire team has to learn how to finish games.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see which QB's are ahead of him.

I'm guessing

Watson
Williams
Brissett - yes, Brisset

The Cincinnati loss, getting knocked out against Clemson and not playing against Duke did Brad no justice.

Kayaa has the proper tools as a QB he needs to get some Philip rivers fire in his body. He needs to work on leading his receivers on go routes and proper placement on crossing routes. Too many games receivers had to wait on balls and a lot of balls were batted away on crosses this year. He's money on seem and fade stops though.

It's really hard to tell if how good or bad he really is. He's had a terrible coach, a terrible offensive line, a terrible running game, and a terrible defense.

The terrible defense has put him in some bad situations where he has to throw a lot to keep the scoring pace or catch up. That combined with a terrible running game doesn't bode well.

On a positive note, he alone kept the FSU game close this year. They knew he was going to throw almost every down and he still managed to put up over 400 yards and not lose a limb while doing so.

I think he has the mental aspect and the players look to him as a leader. If he can get a running game, decent protection, and an average defense next year I think everyone will see an improvement.

Kaaya is going to put up huge numbers with Richts shallow corner passing scheme he ran at FSU.

Advertisement

I don't know how you can say he doesn't have the will to win. I think he does, he just hasn't came through in the clutch. But neither has the rest of the team. The entire team has to learn how to finish games.

Lmao

I'm guessing

Watson
Williams
Brissett - yes, Brisset

The Cincinnati loss, getting knocked out against Clemson and not playing against Duke did Brad no justice.

Kayaa has the proper tools as a QB he needs to get some Philip rivers fire in his body. He needs to work on leading his receivers on go routes and proper placement on crossing routes. Too many games receivers had to wait on balls and a lot of balls were batted away on crosses this year. He's money on seem and fade stops though.

That's just him. He doesn't release until the WR is wide open. Ok college QB but he's not elite

This.

I'm guessing

Watson
Williams
Brissett - yes, Brisset

That's just him. He doesn't release until the WR is wide open. Ok college QB but he's not elite

Yeah it ****ed me off sometime too watching waters and Coley run by there man only to wait 3 seconds for the ball to come down. I believe he's going to get it together now with richt here and we'll see the elite Kayaa we been waiting on by his Senior year.

Advertisement
Back