Kaaya Lions

Advertisement
Rich is the coach and didn't mishandle anything.

Not true.. he mishandled a LOT! We shouldn't have ran that weak a$$ RPO offense. We should've just let Kayaa sling it like we did at the end of the year. As a coach you gotta run the system based on your players, not just try to fit players into systems they CAN NEVER SUCCEED IN (reminds me of someone)! Kayaa would've been a top 5 pick without the RPO. The RPO really exposed Kayaas weaknesses IMO. We shouldve just focused on kayaa strengths and let him do his thing. Should've scored 40 points per game with all that talent we had on offense. Our Play calling was horrible and predictable last year. We had plenty of guys who could get yac, and our oline sucked, so quick passes should've been used more.. (not just Short passes) 1-3 step drops and it's out of there. Elementary ****. We really had our best wr running hitches, slants, outs, and comebacks ALL game EVERY game. We should ALWAYS run a vertical offense at THE U because we will ALWAYS have the guys who can run. Also killed Yearby by not playing him. Yearby had 1000 yards the year before and saw his carries drop because he missed a block or 2. Should've had a two headed monster in yearby and Walton instead we give the ball to Gus the hoopty :culpability:
Yearby slow, we know that, but his vision is A1. He rarely gets tackled by the first guy.
I love Ritch but he has a long ways to go in running an offense smh. In the post scrimmage he said one of the pics was because he didn't throw the ball deep enough to keep the defense honest.. why are you still doing this in year 2? Even if it's a scrimmage, why are we running such passive plays still? Sling that bih! Lol

I don't agree with a lot of what was said here, but I do agree that the play calling definitely was not adjusted to suit the personnel. And that is on Richt.

Hopefully that gets corrected going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Not true.. he mishandled a LOT! We shouldn't have ran that weak a$$ RPO offense. We should've just let Kayaa sling it like we did at the end of the year. As a coach you gotta run the system based on your players, not just try to fit players into systems they CAN NEVER SUCCEED IN (reminds me of someone)! Kayaa would've been a top 5 pick without the RPO. The RPO really exposed Kayaas weaknesses IMO. We shouldve just focused on kayaa strengths and let him do his thing. Should've scored 40 points per game with all that talent we had on offense. Our Play calling was horrible and predictable last year. We had plenty of guys who could get yac, and our oline sucked, so quick passes should've been used more.. (not just Short passes) 1-3 step drops and it's out of there. Elementary ****. We really had our best wr running hitches, slants, outs, and comebacks ALL game EVERY game. We should ALWAYS run a vertical offense at THE U because we will ALWAYS have the guys who can run. Also killed Yearby by not playing him. Yearby had 1000 yards the year before and saw his carries drop because he missed a block or 2. Should've had a two headed monster in yearby and Walton instead we give the ball to Gus the hoopty :culpability:
Yearby slow, we know that, but his vision is A1. He rarely gets tackled by the first guy.
I love Ritch but he has a long ways to go in running an offense smh. In the post scrimmage he said one of the pics was because he didn't throw the ball deep enough to keep the defense honest.. why are you still doing this in year 2? Even if it's a scrimmage, why are we running such passive plays still? Sling that bih! Lol

Kaaya would be a top 5 pick if he was considered to be that talented, regardless of his performance under the RPO.

The fact is, he isn't the guy this fan base has pumped him up to be. Many wise poster have been shunned for speaking out against the mob over the past 2 years.

Nobody outside this fan base thinks of Brad as a talent.

This. The kid is soft and is a poor leader. I hope the kids on the roster learn from Kaaya about believing your own BS.

Poor leader, probably.. I mean, not everyone is a ra-ra type of player.. but soft? Nah.. Kid got his **** pushed in last year and kept playing. Tooth knocked out, concussion and everything and kept playing. That's not soft sir. But what I was saying, it doesn't matter what QB we have.. we are still going to run that RPO offense. We still won't take enough deep shots and are still going to be predictable on offense. That's what I'm trying to say

You do know that kaaya had a much better year running the RPO correct? Think he through for 12 more touchdowns.... His Completion percentage and yaerds were pretty much identical his sophomore year compared to junior year...So what the **** are you talking about?

The RPO can expose a QB if they aren't good at running it (making the quick decisions U speak of or when U refuse to move your feet and run a little as a 21 year old young man). Kaaya limited the run option of the system. But notice that after the 4 game losing streak he began to run as a last resort and didn't die from it, and actually gained some yards and avoided sacks.

How much money do 5-7 rounders get?

Not much money.

My home boy several years ago was undrafted and made it to the Raiders practice squad for 3 yrs and made about $400k. So I'm going to assume that if he gets drafted and makes a 53 man roster, he's going to be alright.

I'm sorry, but $400K over three years - before taxes - is far from alright, especially since you have to figure out a career after those three years. Young football players who gross $133K in a year don't end that year with a whole lot of money stashed away.

Advertisement
I seem to remember Kaaya running a little bit when he was a freshman..didn't the kid actually move a little early in his career?

Last edited:

Not much money.

My home boy several years ago was undrafted and made it to the Raiders practice squad for 3 yrs and made about $400k. So I'm going to assume that if he gets drafted and makes a 53 man roster, he's going to be alright.

I'm sorry, but $400K over three years - before taxes - is far from alright, especially since you have to figure out a career after those three years. Young football players who gross $133K in a year don't end that year with a whole lot of money stashed away.

And whose fault is that?

What do you guys think the RPO is? It's simply just reading the defense and deciding if you should hand it off or pass based on the numbers. How does that expose anyone's weakness?

Here's the fact: Kaaya didn't have his best year. It was his first year in a new offense so that should have been expected. You could easily assume that he would have done better in the second year in the system. So it just makes sense to come back and build your draft stock in that situation.

THIS!!!

Advertisement
The RPO isnt about fkn Running, yall killing me with this ****.... its about being able to make the right decision! Kaaya is suppose to be a ****n savant when it comes to his decision making by the experts on this board yet his decision making is one of his myriad of weaknesses as a qb, which is why he sucks out of the RPO, he sucks out of the pistol, and is average at best out of the spread.. any offense where he has to think quickly, he's no good. There were plenty of times he shouldve not handed off to Mark Walton but did so anyway only for Mark to get a loss of yards on the play. There were plenty of times where he shouldve handed it off to Mark but chose to throw a 3 yard pass at a WRs feet for a wasted down.

he is simply not good enough to be an NFL QB and teams know this. his complete lack of mobility and pocket awareness doom him in terms of NFL ability. Im sure Richt tried to sell him on staying but Kaaya having already seen his draft stock fall knew it was time to try his hand at draft which unfortunately has not worked out.

Wow I never in a million years thought he would still be around now . What a mistake he made.

Advertisement
I do hope y'all know Kaaya going this low is NOT a good thing for Miami.. Think HARD about it.. a guy who at the beginning of last year was being talked about as a 1st round even a top 5 draft prospect and just ONE year in Richt's system has him now in the 5th round and pending.. do y'all honestly think thats a good look? If your a top rated QB coming out of HS after what is happening to Kaaya after being mention as a top 3 QB to start the year would you be 100% confidence that Richt can make you a first round draft pick? take your homer glasses off for 2 second and think about it..

Not much money.

He made $400k doing nothing! Lol. I'm sorry, but I would love to make $400k in a 3yr period. And he's a USC grad, he and mom used that $ to invest in real-estate and made $ doing that. He's str8.

I do hope y'all know Kaaya going this low is NOT a good thing for Miami.. Think HARD about it.. a guy who at the beginning of last year was being talked about as a 1st round even a top 5 draft prospect and just ONE year in Richt's system has him now in the 5th round and pending.. do y'all honestly think thats a good look? If your a top rated QB coming out of HS after what is happening to Kaaya after being mention as a top 3 QB to start the year would you be 100% confidence that Richt can make you a first round draft pick? take your homer glasses off for 2 second and think about it..

Stfu it's richt fault kaaya can't avoid pressure? Or is not athletic enough to move around in the pocket?

Advertisement
Back