K.J. Sails

These last few posts, whew
View attachment 84577
BOOM.gif

Advertisement
The kid who transferred from Coastal Carolina to VT so he could be closer to his sick mother was denied a waiver because he's 5 miles over the 100 mile radius put in place by the ncaa. Why would Sails be allowed a waiver to play 280 miles away from Tampa?
The distance would be the death knell to Sails getting immediate eligibility here. The NCAA is trying to stem the tide of immediate eligibility via hardship, and the case with the kid who tried to transfer to Vag Tech is the current precedent.

There’s almost no way they deny a kid immediate eligibility to transfer to a school 105 miles from his sick mom and then two weeks later give Sails immediate eligibility to transfer 280 miles from his sick family.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So I mean are we going to get anymore guys from the portal or just walk right into the season with 6 cb’s 2 being true freshmen and 1 a project and 13 OL and a few of them who shouldn’t be on this team.

Why wouldn’t we take him. We don’t have a CB committed(Jaiden is a safety) and if his waiver isn’t approved he pretty much would be like the Juco kid we have an offer out to.

Guess will see what happens at 8:45.

Advertisement
The distance would be the death knell to Sails getting immediate eligibility here. The NCAA is trying to stem the tide of immediate eligibility via hardship, and the case with the kid who tried to transfer to Vag Tech is the current precedent.

There’s almost no way they deny a kid immediate eligibility to transfer to a school 105 miles from his sick mom and then two weeks later give Sails immediate eligibility to transfer 280 miles from his sick family.
Isn't Sails a Grad transfer??? Thought I read that somewhere. If so, he should be immediately eligible.

Advertisement
I guess yall are ok with no depth at the corner position LOL
Ain’t going to never be any depth if you don’t give your players the opportunity to develop🤷🏾‍♂️ and keep taking grad transfers/jucos at the position, got to be a fine line and balance with the transfers imo. It’s not needed but he can be serviceable i guess. Either way we are going to be good at the position imo with or without sails. This cb group has a lot of potential

Without sails we have 6 corners, 5 of them were 4 star caliber recruits.

In 2016 we went a whole season with 5 corners -redwine, Young, elder, Colbert mainly with mike jack getting in during the bowl game. Colbert missed a good portion of the season so operating with 4 corners.

In 2017 we went a whole season with 5 corners - jackson, bandy, Young, Delaney, Dean. Dean didn’t that play much and Delaney missed a good portion of the season so again operating with 4 corners.

In 2018 we went a whole season playing 5 corners pretty much. The 4th corner(blades played some but not a lot)
Jackson, bandy, dean received most of the reps. Ivey and blades got some after that

So what my point is we have had LOWER numbers at cornerback for the last 3 years with injuries occurring and were just fine... Is it the need everybody says it is? Absolutely not. I’m confident in rumph developing the corners he has which include bandy who is a study and 3 6’1 plus corners with size,bethel who seems to be progressing and couch who will be ready to play imo as a 5th or 6th corner especially behind our pass rush. It’s not like we are asking the freshman to come in to start. Just to play a role within the 4th 5th or 6th corner. If they play beyond that then that’s great but that’s not asking the freshman to do too much either.

Last edited:
Ain’t going to never be any depth if you don’t giver your players the opportunity to develop🤷🏾‍♂️ andkeeping taking grad transfers/jucos at the position, got to be a fine line and balance with the transfers imo. It’s not needed but he can be serviceable i guess. Either way we are going to be good at the position imo.

Without sails we have 6 corners, 5 of them were 4 star caliber recruits.

In 2016 we went a whole season with 5 corners -redwine, Young, elder, Colbert mainly with mike jack getting in during the bowl game. Colbert missed a good portion of the season so operating with 4 corners.

In 2017 we went a whole season with 5 corners - jackson, bandy, Young, Delaney, Dean. Dean didn’t that play much and Delaney missed a good portion of the season so again operating with 4 corners.

In 2018 we went a whole season playing 5 corners pretty much. The 4th corner(blades played some but not a lot)
Jackson, bandy, dean received most of the reps. Ivey and blades got some after that

So what my point is we have had LOWER numbers at cornerback for the last 3 years with injuries occurring and were just fine... Is it the need everybody says it is? Absolutely not. I’m confident in rumph developing the corners he has which include bandy who is a study and 3 6’1 plus corners with size and couch who will be ready to play imo as a 5th or 6th corner especially behind our pass rush

Agree with base of this take, but if Grad transfer or transfer is elite it doesn’t matter but Sails isn’t elite and won’t be here

Advertisement
Back