K.J. Sails

Y’all get so caught up the word “starting.” It’s like y’all dont pay attention to the defense we play and how often we rotate or bring fresh bodies in
Thats not the problem the problem is that he might not play right away anf if he cant play this year theres no need for him

Advertisement
Thats not the problem the problem is that he might not play right away anf if he cant play this year theres no need for him

Im not speaking just in terms of Sails. I see you other arguing over if he comes who will start. Y'all do the same with other defensive positions too. It doesn't matter because of our sub packages and rotations, so it's silly to bicker about it

So much stupid going on in this thread. KJ Sails is guaranteed to get a waiver if he enrolls at any school within a reasonable radius of his home. That radius certainly includes Miami. If he doesn't come to Miami, and ends up at a USF, UCF, etc. type school, it's because our staff didn't want him.

Advertisement
So much stupid going on in this thread. KJ Sails is guaranteed to get a waiver if he enrolls at any school within a reasonable radius of his home. That radius certainly includes Miami. If he doesn't come to Miami, and ends up at a USF, UCF, etc. type school, it's because our staff didn't want him.

The kid who transferred from Coastal Carolina to VT so he could be closer to his sick mother was denied a waiver because he's 5 miles over the 100 mile radius put in place by the ncaa. Why would Sails be allowed a waiver to play 280 miles away from Tampa?

The kid who transferred from Coastal Carolina to VT so he could be closer to his sick mother was denied a waiver because he's 5 miles over the 100 mile radius put in place by the ncaa. Why would Sails be allowed a waiver to play 280 miles away from Tampa?
I get what the NCAA is trying to do, but 100 mile is a bit of a stretch. There isn't a major university within 100 miles of where my mother lives. The closest is the University of Kentucky. So I wouldn't be able to get a waiver to play there because it's 156 miles away from my mother's home? That is a bit ridiculous to me.

Which is fine. We need some insurance just in case Bandy, Ivey, or Blades get banged up.
This is the key.....experience even on the bench is a plus for us..
Look at Spring and all the injuries...
This would be confirmation that insurance is waiting if Bandy, Ivey, or Blades go down.
We should not be hampered with suffering a huge drop off in experience in playing on Saturdays.
Makes sense.

I get what the NCAA is trying to do, but 100 mile is a bit of a stretch. There isn't a major university within 100 miles of where my mother lives. The closest is the University of Kentucky. So I wouldn't be able to get a waiver to play there because it's 156 miles away from my mother's home? That is a bit ridiculous to me.

It's heinous but them's the rules. The kid still enrolled at VT. There was a quote from Miami's staff about taking a CB who they'd be sure could play in 2019. His eligibility is far from a sure thing and there's a week-old case that supports why that is. But it's easier to be a homer and expect him to be starting for us on 8/24 despite all of that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's heinous but them's the rules. The kid still enrolled at VT. There was a quote from Miami's staff about taking a CB who they'd be sure could play in 2019. His eligibility is far from a sure thing, and there's a week-old that supports why that is. But it's easier to be a homer and expect him to be starting for us on 8/24 despite all of that.

His waiver is guaranteed, just like Martell's always was.

It's heinous but them's the rules. The kid still enrolled at VT. There was a quote from Miami's staff about taking a CB who they'd be sure could play in 2019. His eligibility is far from a sure thing, and there's a week-old that supports why that is. But it's easier to be a homer and expect him to be starting for us on 8/24 despite all of that.
Why wouldn't it be guaranteed? Dude is a grad transfer...immediately eligible.

Here's another case of the NCAA deciding against a potential transfer citing the 100 mile rule:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ford-ncaa-transfer-waiver-20190424-story.html

And I'm not sure what Martell's case has to do with KJ Sails. His waiver was guaranteed the moment Fields was made eligible.

The timeline for Martell's eligibility:

-Meyer leaves
-Day immediately recruits Fields
-Day basically tells Martell to fly a kite
-Fields granted waiver

There was no way the NCAA could turn around and deny Martell after all that.

Here's another case of the NCAA deciding against a potential transfer citing the 100 mile rule:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ford-ncaa-transfer-waiver-20190424-story.html

And I'm not sure what Martell's case has to do with KJ Sails. His waiver was guaranteed the moment Fields was made eligible.

The timeline for Martell's eligibility:

-Meyer leaves
-Day immediately recruits Fields
-Day basically tells Martell to fly a kite
-Fields granted waiver

There was no way the NCAA could turn around and deny Martell after all that.

Ford's family hired Tom Mars, the attorney Fields used and also a few other guys. I believe the VaTech kid hired a lawyer for the appeal, too.

That's a big part of the waiver process, imo. Legal representation.

Advertisement
Ford's family hired Tom Mars, the attorney Fields used and also a few other guys. I believe the VaTech kid hired a lawyer for the appeal, too.

That's a big part of the waiver process, imo. Legal representation.

Ford already had a lawyer, but lost anyways. Now he's switching to Mars to see if that will work.

Having an attorney helps but it's no guarantee

Advertisement
I have seen him play. Who is he starting over? I don't see him beating out bandy or ivey. So that means him and blades are battling for the 3rd spot. So it's highly possible he could be 4th.
And what have blades or Ivey proved to make u think a ACC veteran who was also a good recruit can’t come in and either take that job, or take some of those snaps? Other then bandy if sails comes on board he most definitely is a top corner on the roster day 1

And what have blades or Ivey proved to make u think a ACC veteran who was also a good recruit can’t come in and either take that job, or take some of those snaps? Other then bandy if sails comes on board he most definitely is a top corner on the roster day 1
He was a mid 3 star. And who cares about being a acc veteran. Unc best corner a couple years back was mj stewart. Sails started with stewart and unc pass defense wasn't good. Now stewart was all-acc and went on to get drafted in the 2nd round i believe. If sails was that good why didnt he just enter the draft?

The coaching staff believes that if ivey stays healthy that he can be all-acc this year. Im not sure people has those same expectations for sails.

Some of yall are walking around here like we got the swag of a team that just finished going 12-1 last year and had 5 guys drafted in the first round last Thursday! We need to humble ourselves a little more here. These last 7 months should have humbled us enough. (7-6 season, disappointing recruiting class, horrible draft). If it weren't for the portal I don't know where we would be right now..

We need all the help we can get at CB and LB and if anyone just so happens to fall into our lap who is solid enough to break the rotation we should be forever grateful. People posting highlights of this kid getting beat is just plain dumb. Sails is good enough to help us next year. Case closed.

Advertisement
Back