JW20 (James Williams) haters

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
1694890562454.png

Advertisement
He plays like a selfish idiot with all his look at me antics after the play. He has definately hurt his team way more than he has made any actual plays of substance. Davis just played a game against A&M that we have never seen James Williams do. I just don't get the legend status some of you have for this player, it has to be because of his recruiting status, has to.
1,001%

He plays like a selfish idiot with all his look at me antics after the play. He has definately hurt his team way more than he has made any actual plays of substance. Davis just played a game against A&M that we have never seen James Williams do. I just don't get the legend status some of you have for this player, it has to be because of his recruiting status, has to.
JW is definitely playing better this year but this board has a really bad tendency to obsess over any 5 star player we get and severely overrate them. Same with LT whose done nothing this year but "takes on double teams brah." Meh

Some of y'all just soft. James a dawg out there. Our players feed off him
Some get it, some dont. Either way, JW is going to keep popping his **** regardless of what anyone here says. If its a problem, they dont think Mario will address it and get it under control? Iont think these dudes realize how much **** talking is done on the field between ALL PLAYERS. Not just JW.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One thing I will say I'm a big surprised about is that Mario hasn't pulled J Will aside after some of these plays where he hovers over a ball carrier, gets in their grill, or wags fingers in guys faces. Fortunately, the refs have kept their flags in their pockets on most of those occasions but it's obviously going to get called at some point. Don't make visible gestures, and if you wanna talk S, do it while moving back to the defensive huddle. I love the way the kid is playing this year and I'd be terrified as an offensive skill player seeing 20 back there.

One thing I will say I'm a big surprised about is that Mario hasn't pulled J Will aside after some of these plays where he hovers over a ball carrier, gets in their grill, or wags fingers in guys faces. Fortunately, the refs have kept their flags in their pockets on most of those occasions but it's obviously going to get called at some point. Don't make visible gestures, and if you wanna talk S, do it while moving back to the defensive huddle.

But at just the worst time some ref WILL pull the flag so why give them the chance….

Advertisement
But at just the worst time some ref WILL pull the flag so why give them the chance….
That's what I'm saying. Why wait. Nip it in the bud. When you play like that, it's scarier when you DON'T do any of that stuff after the play. After some huge hits, Sean Taylor would remain emotionless and look like a terminator under his visor. That's the essence of what a hard-hitting UM safety should be imho.

That's what I'm saying. Why wait. Nip it in the bud. When you play like that, it's scarier when you DON'T do any of that stuff after the play. After some huge hits, Sean Taylor would remain emotionless and look like a terminator under his visor. That's the essence of what a hard-hitting UM safety should be imho.
Mannnnnn I love me some Sean T but he was spitting in dudes faces

Needs citation.
What great plays has he made? What winning plays has he made? he had a pick on an over throw at Pitt in 2021. thats all I can recall. he has more penalties than plays made. He isn't half the baller Kinchens is. People were posting how he looked like.......God bless Sean Taylor after the A&M game because he had 9 tackles, 7 of them were after 1st downs probably. he is a massive liability on the back end until he proves he isn't

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee
Where you at big dawg. Whats your thoughts JW. His play and the talking ****? I only ask cause I know you have been skeptical of him remaining at saftey long term and if anyone knows how a dog should carry himself, its you. This not meant to be a callout........
He's playing(when Kam is on the field)in the role he should've been playing all along. He's not simply playing strong now. He playing in the box, he's playing at the line, he's shadowing. As I said in the offseason (when we started to get him in this mindset of accepting this role)it's the exact situation that'll allow him to thrive and put together the film needed for the next level. Obviously I've been very critical of him in his role previously. I suppose people think that's all I've been is critical. That's fine if that's the thought. But for anyone who paid attention not only throughout the offseason but previously before he accepted the change I've said clearly he'd thrive with some versatility OR flat out as a backer or end. He's not just a strong safety & there's nothing at all wrong with that. It's honestly the best possible situation for him.

What great plays has he made? What winning plays has he made? he had a pick on an over throw at Pitt in 2021. thats all I can recall. he has more penalties than plays made. He isn't half the baller Kinchens is. People were posting how he looked like.......God bless Sean Taylor after the A&M game because he had 9 tackles, 7 of them were after 1st downs probably. he is a massive liability on the back end until he proves he isn't
But you can't let people ignorance keep you from realizing the progress he's made. He's night and day this year from where he was previously. By stating he's not half of what Kam is there's nothing wrong with that either. He's not half of the safety that Kam is. But Kam isn't half of the box presence that James is either. They're very different players & that's a blessing because when both are healthy and in this new defense they compliment each other. James when he's not counted on exclusively for coverage and the mid third of the field is a savage in this role. Jayden Davis and Cam is what makes that possible. Let's just embrace development and progress rather than tearing dudes down over technicalities.

If we still had Steele as DC this thread wouldn't exist.

He's in a system that's getting the most out of him on the field, but I wouldn't spike the football just yet when it comes to JW. We might have a crucial moment this season that determines whether we play in a big bowl or the toilet bowl, and there's only one guy on the team that I worry about being responsible for a penalty that decides it.

Again, we need dogs and he's one. I love his intensity and passion on the field. But he has to control it. Season's not done yet. This thread might age like milk.

Advertisement
Mario wants JW to be JW. Every team needs a few players that are borderline and the other team never knows what that player may do, Yes it will result in a penalty along the way, but sometimes to achieve the good you have to accept the bad. Notice how Mario the taskmaster didn’t jump all over JW for the hit in the TAMU game, or even in the post-game press conference? Contrast that with how Mario handled Cohen after the penalty against B-C.
Any of you JW haters care to address why the difference in treatments? Don’t tell me because the refs picked up the flag because we all knew it was close either way.
My answer is that Mario wants a physical, intimidating back end presence and the only player who plays that way on our defense is JW.

Advertisement
Back