JW20 (James Williams) haters

Confidence1000

Confidence1000
Y’all ready to jump on the Bandwagon now (BIG PAUSE)? Or do y’all need to see more? He’s wrapping up more now & all (BIG PAUSE). I told y’all he was hurt last year. I know he makes a few bone head mistakes by getting penalties but Mario said that they’re working on that but they want him to keep that edge! He’s turning the corner & I just want ppl to apologize to me now for giving my dawg all dat **** b4 it gets too late! If y’all wait until the middle of the year I won’t be accepting any more applications this season! Thanks Management
P.S. Go LT56 & Don (Da Don) Chaney.
I love all Canes fans! Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Williams is doing everything they ask of him. He's covering a lot of ground and doing a good job of tackling guys instead of just putting a shoulder into them. He's been very solid so far. He's taking his role a lot more seriously this year.

Ain’t nobody ever hate the kid. Most just expected more and knew he had it in him. Played fierce Saturday. Hope he can keep it up.

LT was quiet Saturday - but after reading Lance’s breakdown, seems he actually played really well under the radar.
Yeah I learned my lesson a couple years ago to not say too much until I see Lance’s breakdowns 😂

Those dudes up front were putting in work especially with Deen and Mesidor being out

It really is incredible that we were able to pull away in a tight game with guys like Gore and Lichtenstein playing major minutes against a MASSIVE offensive line

Advertisement
Y’all are the kings of “guy who’s underperformed for years finally meets expectations means I can call everyone who was honest about his performance a hater”.

I am ecstatic about the game he just had, I haven’t even spent much breath criticizing his career prior. But correctly saying he had a lot of ground to make up between those performances and his potential is not hating. It’s factual. James himself would’ve told you.

That hit that was almost targeting really was Helmut to Helmut and we got amazing luck there.

I feel that he knows he doesn't know his strength. But he's bringing people down. Even if it meant he was dragged 5-8 yards every tackle in the first half. But in the second half he found his bearings a bit. Better than Carter who'd consistently get ejected.

He needs to stop all of the post-play interaction and trash talking. That got him many a penalty as a freshman and it will again if he doesn't get a handle on it.

Advertisement
He's playing the best football of his life right now. But I think most would agree that he's still got room to get better and play with a little more discipline.

The haters are the folks who blow with the wind, one minute they are sky high on someone and the next they are calling for the backups

He's playing well and making WRs twitch like this guy...

Wm9gPUB.gif

... just dial back the talk a bit as not to garner a 15 yd penalty in a bad spot (unless it was just for Amari Daniels).

Advertisement
SOME OF Y’all are the kings of “guy who’s underperformed for years finally meets expectations means I can call everyone who was honest about his performance a hater”.

I am ecstatic about the game he just had, I haven’t even spent much breath criticizing his career prior. But correctly saying he had a lot of ground to make up between those performances and his potential is not hating. It’s factual. James himself would’ve told you.
Corrected.

That hit that was almost targeting really was Helmut to Helmut and we got amazing luck there.

I feel that he knows he doesn't know his strength. But he's bringing people down. Even if it meant he was dragged 5-8 yards every tackle in the first half. But in the second half he found his bearings a bit. Better than Carter who'd consistently get ejected.

He needs to stop all of the post-play interaction and trash talking. That got him many a penalty as a freshman and it will again if he doesn't get a handle on it.
Agreed with every part but the bolded.

The first half he wasn't dragged 5-8 yards once while trying to tackle someone. However, there was a single play where he was trying to strip the ball from the receiver for several yards (maybe that's what you're thinking of) before JW dragged him out of bounds while still trying to rip the ball away. He did that a lot last year as well.

However, this game he put people on the ground and made sure they were down which he failed to do a lot of last year. He looks like he may be starting to live up to his potential.

Yeah I learned my lesson a couple years ago to not say too much until I see Lance’s breakdowns 😂

Those dudes up front were putting in work especially with Deen and Mesidor being out

It really is incredible that we were able to pull away in a tight game with guys like Gore and Lichtenstein playing major minutes against a MASSIVE offensive line

I forgot about this. Yeah the announcers were sucking off AM at the start because of their OL size.

OP you are my guy. He played great in the second half Saturday but as many posters have said he needs to cool it with the after play nonsense. I get it he's an emotional guy.

He's hasn't played up to his ranking the first two years but he's off to a solid start this year. Finally healthy and in a defense that suits him.

I've been one of his biggest haters. Hopefully he builds off that second half performance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back