JW20 (James Williams) haters

JW is definitely playing better this year but this board has a really bad tendency to obsess over any 5 star player we get and severely overrate them. Same with LT whose done nothing this year but "takes on double teams brah." Meh
Then they will say they don’t care about stars lol

Advertisement
Not sure why a few on here are straight haters on this kid, but I get their concerns in previous seasons. How they see him play this season and can’t be excited or want to be excited about his progress, is wild to me. Empty calorie tackles? Look at me antics? Tackles aren’t always just tackles and talking isn’t always just talking. He’s a physical force and trying to get in opponents heads.

Case in point. 4th qt of A&M game. 2nd and 10 with 12 mins left in the game and they hit Stewart on that short underneath route and JW along with Porter Jr come flying down and make a stick. We’re on him before he could even turn his head to look up field. The very next play on 3rd and 8 Stewart gets wide open on a corner route and Weigman finds him. Only problem is JW was the safety he was running at. Stewart drops the ball because he jumps and as he is coming down you can clearly see him look straight at JW fearing the hit. Huge stop for us off a drop from their best player. JW was flying around hitting everyone and getting in their heads all game. By the 4th qt he was the boogeyman. Still hit the guy a little late and could’ve done without that hit, but he was on that edge all game and refs let him be there.

Alright that was long for I think my first post. Usually just reading lol. I just hope everyone can be happy with the direction he is going compared to previous seasons, along with the rest of our Defense.

I’ll say this: I’ve re-watched the Texas A&M game a few times (full, condensed, and highlights), and I honestly feel that his first big hit on the sideline started the vibe shift in our favor. Things started swinging our way after that, we had more juice.

Tone setter if his head’s on straight.

Advertisement
But you can't let people ignorance keep you from realizing the progress he's made. He's night and day this year from where he was previously. By stating he's not half of what Kam is there's nothing wrong with that either. He's not half of the safety that Kam is. But Kam isn't half of the box presence that James is either. They're very different players & that's a blessing because when both are healthy and in this new defense they compliment each other. James when he's not counted on exclusively for coverage and the mid third of the field is a savage in this role. Jayden Davis and Cam is what makes that possible. Let's just embrace development and progress rather than tearing dudes down over technicalities.
Lol

Sean was/is one of my all time favorites, I almost named my daught Taylor in his honor, but that **** he pulled against Pittman was indefensible. I love ST as a player, but I would've applauded Pittman for beating the wheels off of him for what he did. Williams has potential, he certainly has unique physical attributes, but neing totally honest and objective, his bark is significantly more than his bite. For all of the lap dances and happy endings his supporters lay on him, he's never been a difference maker or made a game changing, impactful play. He got more love for his 9 empty calorie tackles against A&M than Porter, Jr. who was the best defensive performer on the field that game. Nobody has called him out for the missed opportunity at the goal line when the Aggie QB walked through his late to the party ankle dive. That dude gets more excuses made for him than Mike Tyson does by his Stans for losing to Douglas.

I'll wrap my soap box rant up with this quote by the great ***** poet Brad Jordan "Real gangsta *** ninjas never run his mouth, cause real gangsta *** ninjas don't start fights". A little less conversation, a little more action, young fella.
Lol

Advertisement
What great plays has he made? What winning plays has he made? he had a pick on an over throw at Pitt in 2021. thats all I can recall. he has more penalties than plays made. He isn't half the baller Kinchens is. People were posting how he looked like.......God bless Sean Taylor after the A&M game because he had 9 tackles, 7 of them were after 1st downs probably. he is a massive liability on the back end until he proves he isn't
Lol you another clown

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back