Juwan Mitchell, Texas LB - possible next portal take?

Cribs: Is there an expected timeline when the Sirloin Steak will be ready to make his decision? What is the timeframe we are looking at to getting the MLB? Thanks.
No idea on timeline

Advertisement
If he could give us what Shaq did we probably woulda seen it at USC already. He also doesn’t fit the “we wanna get faster at LB” stuff we’ve heard
Palaie was considered a Day 3 LB prospect before the season and was on a lot of NFL teams radar. He just battled with injuries this year and it effected his play on the field and was limited to only 2 Games

Palaie was considered a Day 3 LB prospect before the season and was on a lot of NFL teams radar. He just battled with injuries this year and it effected his play on the field and was limited to only 2 Games
Shaq was first team all acc twice and was second team as a sophomore and durable. Don’t really care about the guy’s draft projections. If he was what Shaq was it would be apparent by now

I’ve been told ya for a couple months expect a Mike out of the portal. They have two guys in mind but that was before the latest guys to come out. There’s more guys yet to hit the portal so I’m not sure how big of a hurry they’re in. They’re waiting on the 1a , they also have a backup plan that’s a younger player. It’s just a matter of what the first guy does and who comes out after he gives his decision. There’s options. This likely won’t be the only portal pickup either ( different position).

They’ve reached out to multiple kids including this one.
I was just scrolling looking ... where’s @Cribby , nope not cribby, nope not cribby... ah there he is... back to acting like I’m working for me!

He's an upgrade over what they had in mitchell. Poor in coverage but he's a thumper and would be a big upgrade in the run game. Very similar player to Shaq.
Isn't that what Flagg is...no point of wasting an IC spot for the USC guy if he has the same style of Flagg.

Advertisement
I’ve been told ya for a couple months expect a Mike out of the portal. They have two guys in mind but that was before the latest guys to come out. There’s more guys yet to hit the portal so I’m not sure how big of a hurry they’re in. They’re waiting on the 1a , they also have a backup plan that’s a younger player. It’s just a matter of what the first guy does and who comes out after he gives his decision. There’s options. This likely won’t be the only portal pickup either ( different position).

They’ve reached out to multiple kids including this one.
Is Justin Flowe the younger guy and do you think we take two and move the faster twitched to WLB like a Henry To'to plus one?

Shaq was first team all acc twice and was second team as a sophomore and durable. Don’t really care about the guy’s draft projections. If he was what Shaq was it would be apparent by now
Shaq was able to stay healthy, this guy wasn't. Each player averaged 6.4 Tackles a game there first two years

Advertisement
Agree.

With the names I know I’d be kinda surprised if this is the guy they take. Imo the younger kid I know has less experience but is a far better looking prospect , with a higher ceiling. Plus he has more than one year of eligibility. I just can’t see manny blowing his load this early on this cat. If nobody comes along thats a must get you have the kid I’m speaking on that’s waiting.

Just an educated guess on my part.
Any chance they take the older guy and after take the younger one as well? We aren't exactly solving the issue for '22-'23 if we take a one and done.

Advertisement
texas fans aren't too sad about him leaving. a thumper with a propensity for targeting, and leaves a lot to be desired in coverage. just save ourselves the trouble and put amari at mike if this is the guy that the staff wants.

Advertisement
Yeah I didn't get it either. A ready to play MLB or some mid 3-star WR we would take with the extra spot. No great player we legit have a shot at will be turned away because Mitchell took up an initial counter.
Great point

texas fans aren't too sad about him leaving. a thumper with a propensity for targeting, and leaves a lot to be desired in coverage. just save ourselves the trouble and put amari at mike if this is the guy that the staff wants
team leader in tackles is usually a good sign for an inside linebacker isn't it?

He’s a JAG. Better players will enter the portal after all of spring is done and when the one time transfer effect is official, it’s in motion but once it’s officials kids will be hopping in the portal.

Advertisement
Back