Juwan Mitchell, Texas LB - possible next portal take?

Advertisement
Doubt it'll be this guy
Agree.

With the names I know I’d be kinda surprised if this is the guy they take. Imo the younger kid I know has less experience but is a far better looking prospect , with a higher ceiling. Plus he has more than one year of eligibility. I just can’t see manny blowing his load this early on this cat. If nobody comes along thats a must get you have the kid I’m speaking on that’s waiting.

Just an educated guess on my part.

Neither is over half of the Alabama roster.
and neither were most of the dudes that were on all of our national championship teams.
I’m not saying he’s a better taking some of the juice in the transfer portal but this guy is not a jag either
He was late on every play in that “highlight” film that was posted.

His recognition looks no different than some of the other guys already here. There’s better players out there (the Vanderbilt kid)

If you're a Miami Hurricane fan you better be excited by this new development with this specific player for that specific position!

The young man said it best, "Everybody knows Miami needs a middle linebacker". Enough said. . .

Advertisement

His recognition looks no different than some of the other guys already here. There’s better players out there (the Vanderbilt kid)
You'll think differently if you watch that Vandy kid against FLA. He was atrocious. Thats what one highlight tape out of a entire body of work will do. Looked slow and unathletic

You'll think differently if you watch that Vandy kid against FLA. He was atrocious. Thats what one highlight tape out of a entire body of work will do. Looked slow and unathletic
I just tried looking on YouTube for this, but couldn’t find it. Do you have a link to it?

Agree.

With the names I know I’d be kinda surprised if this is the guy they take. Imo the younger kid I know has less experience but is a far better looking prospect , with a higher ceiling. Plus he has more than one year of eligibility. I just can’t see manny blowing his load this early on this cat. If nobody comes along thats a must get you have the kid I’m speaking on that’s waiting.

Just an educated guess on my part.

Idk if this has been answered elsewhere, but the wait? Are kids waiting to enter the portal till the semester is over and/or waiting till spring practices are over? Are there too many moving parts with so many kids in the portal and teams with varying needs? Are they trying to have informal talks with kids before they hit the portal? Are the kids and/or Miami trying to see where other things shake out before committing?

Idk if this has been answered elsewhere, but the wait? Are kids waiting to enter the portal till the semester is over and/or waiting till spring practices are over? Are there too many moving parts with so many kids in the portal and teams with varying needs? Are they trying to have informal talks with kids before they hit the portal? Are the kids and/or Miami trying to see where other things shake out before committing?
I know it’s a mixture of some waiting until spring is over ,to see where they stood on the roster and some just wanting out when semester is over. They were leaving regardless.

Advertisement
The basketball team needs guards for sure. Idk about football. But aye as long as we get a LB and pass rusher Along with it I’m good
Just got two, one from Mason the other from DePaul. At least everybody with a triple digit IQ realizes Miami needs a competent P5 Mike this fall.

Agree that some dudes in the portal are better. But no linebacker in our squad had his production. We also don’t know what dudes are actually willing to come. 😉
But we also don’t know who at this moment or at what position is or are be packing their bags.

So are we forcing some backers out?

I'm not even talking the strikers, but right now

Smith, Brooks, Steed, TAC, Flagg, Troutman, Huff, Jennings... All for 2 spots? And now thinking about adding another?? I expect/hope Jennings leaves

And this doesn't count Johnson who likely RS

Advertisement
Keontra is gonna be great at wlb. Get this kid and we have a good to great starting pair. This year with king at quarterback and the weapons we have on offense we need to win this year badly to lay a stronger foundation for the future with recruiting. Stack a great 2022 class on top of talented 2020 and 2021 classes and were in business.

The team this year is really old and veteran. For better or worse. We need to win this year. Next year a slight step back with a new quarterback. get this kid and win big this year. This is the year to challenge Clemson cause the Hawaiian kid is still young and he’s no Trevor. Also ETN is gone. Let’s make hay this year. This is a good team we got

Schools can withdraw financial aid from Portal kids, so I think most are waiting until spring semester ends (plus I think they are hoping the NCAA passes a new rule on ICs).

Plus, Miami can't ENROLL a kid with financial aid until August.

In other words, relax. Not you, just everyone.

Advertisement
Not gonna lie. I keep hearing cribby when spring is over .... most teams spring is over ... it’s only a few teams left. So either they haven’t got evaluated by there coaches yet (usually a week after spring this is done) or they literally are in the middle of there spring practices now

Also this kid leaves much to be desired. Tape not impressive at all

Wow manny isnt playing around eh

Cribby mentioned the other day that Manny knows this is do or die year for him. If he fails, it's no bueno for him. So, sounds like he's going all out this year regardless of what it does to next year's ICs (I'm assuming the NCAA continues to drag their feet on making changes to the IC rule).

Not gonna lie. I keep hearing cribby when spring is over .... most teams spring is over ... it’s only a few teams left. So either they haven’t got evaluated by there coaches yet (usually a week after spring this is done) or they literally are in the middle of there spring practices now

You also have to consider spring academic schedule, not just football. Exams will start in a few weeks (depending on the school's region). I think once semesters are over—not just spring football—is when you will see more action with the portal.

Spring SEMESTER, not Spring FOOTBALL.

These kids have to remain academically eligible, and make academic progress. Let them finish their exams first.

Advertisement
Back