Juwan Mitchell, Texas LB - possible next portal take?

Advertisement
I said it was an educated guess, from what I’ve been told and the names mentioned.
He wouldn’t make sense. They have somebody who’d jump in but they want to see what their first option does and see who else enters the portal before they make a decision. I’ve been saying the same thing for a a month or two. I could see a few guys in the portal , a lb ( highly likely ) , de ( possible ) and a guard ( possible).
How good would the TE have to be (Gilbert) to add that position in?

This kid is a 230 pound middle. I’ll take it.

On a side note, you obviously want to take the best high school kids but the portal helps Miami in my opinion more then most programs. Kids that take the SEC cash can live in Georgia or Maryland or wherever, miss home and come back. Just my opinion, but it makes recruiting misses seem less important ( obviously you need to win battles )

Advertisement
Reading this thread.... it’s really time for manny to back away from lb recruiting same goes for his buddy Baker. Travis Williams bouncing is going to sting for years to come
t will was never going to stick around long enough for it to matter. not worried bout the recruiting side of things tho it does have to improve at LB, but a ton of kids w only 2 spots to play

You know your LB core is weak when guys like Juwan Mitchell would come in and be a day 1 starter, we got to fix this room. Just years of bad recruiting. Flagg is More of a G5 quality starter. Just don't see those high end athletic traits needed. Who knows maybes he's crazy instinctive and is a film room junkie and can get by that way despite his lack of speed

Advertisement
Mitchell started at Texas. A program over the last 3-4 years that has been comparable to Miami. He'd start plenty of places. It isn't a big deal that the starting MLB at Texas could walk in and start at Miami on Day 1. USC's safety who got pretty much got kicked out of school is starting for us. A rotational Oklahoma WR is starting for us. Deandre Johnson who was just ok at Tennessee is gonna start at Miami. These are ready to play competent football players with warts and they aren't perfect. Probably not gonna be stars but if they were they probably wouldn't be available.

Fix the room and get better talent? Sure. But he would be just another guy filling a gap in the roster comparable to other transfers that were starters here.

Last edited:
2036E769-F6BC-4029-95FF-258F25D37FCD.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back