Justyn Ross out for season

I lived Balkanization (btw it is one in the same as war...ffs pick up a **** book and read). Come take a stroll with me in villages like Gornja, Srebrenca, Altina Luz Fornista, Djakovica, whats left (even today) of Sarejevo City. Love to introduce you to a few cool cats I ran across, real gems, Radovice, Goran, and my favorite, Nada the Farmer. She'd (yes she) like to have a word with you in Ovcaravicic. Tea and prosciutto all around.

You likely sit on a sofa playing video games and fantasize about the Avengers wearing your Cap'n America t-shirt and doing a hero landing. I don't want Balkanization (you appear to be clueless as to the concept)--it was brought to our shores by the actions of both parties. There is NO compromise with people who think like you, only total capitulation to your "woke and better world". In fairness, the far right is your same coin, different side. Abortion, church v state, 2a, 1a, "income inequality", pick-a-rage-issue-of-the-moment...eeeeny---meeeny---miney----moe. It's all been done before in other places. Goodness, there is more of a chance of CIS starting a permanent "Virtues and Successes of Bobby Bowden Forum" that what you fantasize in how "the world should work".

There is simply NO COMPROMISE at this stage between the entrenched and growing camps. This will likely drift to background noise again (although less so) with AGAIN no real resolution to come for it. Rs will pay lip service, and Ds will continue to take "vulnerable community" votes and do absolutely nothing for those constituents--and tragic figures like Floyd keep bearing the brunt. To make matters worse, the adults in the middle are exhausted, fading, and shrinking.

And you don't even realize your twisted logic of "coexisting". America doesn't "coexist", we were founded on blending, on melting together. What your very platform stands for IS founded on is Balkanization. Only you think "we'll do it right because everyone like me has a 13th century interpretive dance and clay pottery degree".

Congrats.

Let me tell you who used to say "coexist" all the time. Slobodan, Horan, and Ante.

Look them up if you can peel away from your GoT binge session.

Wow. There's a lot to unpack here, and you're simply wrong on many fronts. Without wasting an inordinate amount of time refuting each pt that you made, I'll focus only on the part that I bold faced. It is ridiculous and disingenuous to suggest that America hasn't always been divided or polarized.

This country has always been torn between competing visions for what this democratic experiment represents. The northern tier of this country has emphasized collective action to build a stronger, better, and more just union, while the southern tier has prioritized self-government, liberties for local rulers, and the sanctity of local tradition. Other regions found themselves caught in between these sometimes literally warring parties. Those same fissures & fault lines exist today.

You can look at any key issue-presidential voting results, indices of health, income inequality, education, social mobility, and religiosity. What you’ll see is a recognizable pattern. It has never been as simple as North versus South, red states versus blue, urban versus rural, or cosmopolitan coasts vs frontier west. The most persisting geographic fissures can be traced back to the contrasting ideals of the European colonial cultures which first took root on the eastern and southern rims of what is now the United States. This then spread across much of the continent in mutually exclusive ways, laying down the institutions, symbols and cultural norms later arrivals would encounter and, by and large, assimilate into. Even configured state boundaries were randomly chosen, slashing through cohesive cultures, leaving massive political fault lines in states like California, Oregon, Texas, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

The main contributing factor for heightened levels of political polarization in this country is intra-country migration-not conservative or liberal extremism pushed forth by both parties. Trying to understand American political history by focusing on parties is trivial. Parties come and go-where are the Whigs & Federalists of today? They can even completely turn their ideals upside down, but the essential features of our political geography remain eternal. National politics today is dominated by two diametrically opposed regional coalitions. The main problem for America is that neither of these coalitions by themselves have the electoral power to control the essential levers of federal power. The coalitions agree on very little which is why compromise has become difficult and neither of their respective programs are fully appealing enough to swing regions to forge a broader and lasting coalition. Political gridlock will only be overcome when one of the political parties manages to capture the support of one or more of the swing regions or to strip away a weak partner in the opposing coalition, creating a federal supermajority.

Do you understand now, why I insist on calling you Gramps? It has very little to do with your age, and everything to do with your thinking. It is simply archaic, irrelevant, & obsolete for the times that we live in. You and your senior citizen friends can talk about United States Balkanization by drawing parallels with the former Yugoslavia & USSR until the cows home but as I've unquestionably proven in this thread the majority of those divisions are centuries old.

P.S-I wouldn't talk about academic credentials if I were you. You just got taken to the cleaners by someone who has a a 13th century interpretive dance and clay pottery degree. LMAO. Also, because your time in this country & world is running out, if I were in your shoes I would spend less time focusing on "Balkanization" and more on the threads that unite all sentient beings and life forms on this Earth. Have some self respect & gracefully bow out and graze into the pasture while the younger generation attempts to fix some of the disasters your generation helped create.

Advertisement
Wow. There's a lot to unpack here, and you're simply wrong on many fronts. Without wasting an inordinate amount of time refuting each pt that you made, I'll focus only on the part that I bold faced. It is ridiculous and disingenuous to suggest that America hasn't always been divided or polarized.

This country has always been torn between competing visions for what this democratic experiment represents. The northern tier of this country has emphasized collective action to build a stronger, better, and more just union, while the southern tier has prioritized self-government, liberties for local rulers, and the sanctity of local tradition. Other regions found themselves caught in between these sometimes literally warring parties. Those same fissures & fault lines exist today.

You can look at any key issue-presidential voting results, indices of health, income inequality, education, social mobility, and religiosity. What you’ll see is a recognizable pattern. It has never been as simple as North versus South, red states versus blue, urban versus rural, or cosmopolitan coasts vs frontier west. The most persisting geographic fissures can be traced back to the contrasting ideals of the European colonial cultures which first took root on the eastern and southern rims of what is now the United States. This then spread across much of the continent in mutually exclusive ways, laying down the institutions, symbols and cultural norms later arrivals would encounter and, by and large, assimilate into. Even configured state boundaries were randomly chosen, slashing through cohesive cultures, leaving massive political fault lines in states like California, Oregon, Texas, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania.

The main contributing factor for heightened levels of political polarization in this country is intra-country migration-not conservative or liberal extremism pushed forth by both parties. Trying to understand American political history by focusing on parties is trivial. Parties come and go-where are the Whigs & Federalists of today? They can even completely turn their ideals upside down, but the essential features of our political geography remain eternal. National politics today is dominated by two diametrically opposed regional coalitions. The main problem for America is that neither of these coalitions by themselves have the electoral power to control the essential levers of federal power. The coalitions agree on very little which is why compromise has become difficult and neither of their respective programs are fully appealing enough to swing regions to forge a broader and lasting coalition. Political gridlock will only be overcome when one of the political parties manages to capture the support of one or more of the swing regions or to strip away a weak partner in the opposing coalition, creating a federal supermajority.

Do you understand now, why I insist on calling you Gramps? It has very little to do with your age, and everything to do with your thinking. It is simply archaic, irrelevant, & obsolete for the times that we live in. You and your senior citizen friends can talk about United States Balkanization by drawing parallels with the former Yugoslavia & USSR until the cows home but as I've unquestionably proven in this thread the majority of those divisions are centuries old.

P.S-I wouldn't talk about academic credentials if I were you. You just got taken to the cleaners by someone who has a a 13th century interpretive dance and clay pottery degree. LMAO. Also, because your time in this country & world is running out, if I were in your shoes I would spend less time focusing on "Balkanization" and more on the threads that unite all sentient beings and life forms on this Earth. Have some self respect & gracefully bow out and graze into the pasture while the younger generation attempts to fix some of the disasters your generation helped create.
How is behind the counter are Starbux? Have you been journaling again?

Not that there is anything wrong with that type of work.

You can't refute any points because, well, you can't. Has the American experiment been perfect? Hardly and tragically not so. Pockets of folks have been marginalized, but by and large the system has self-corrected over time. Not 24hrs mind you, but over time--and we still have so much more ground to cover. We do this through blending and assimilation, not coexisting.

Your philosophy is "separate but equal" and there is no place for that garbage in our society--or any society for that matter. Your philosophy is the DMZ, Berlin Wall, Apartheid South Africa--no thank you.

Tragically, you as usual and on cue, are just proven by the real world to be wrong.

It's ok, everyone has role.

I'll be around for a long, long time to remind.

PS. You do realize the rebellion against the crown was almost entirely led by Northerners? I mean, for being so smart and all.

You really make this too easy Cap'n A although you might be more an Iron Man kinda fanboy.

VFB3cJJne7b5m.gif

Last edited:
How is behind the counter are Starbux?

Not that there is anything wrong with that type of work.

Tragically, you as usual and on cue, are just proven by the real world to be wrong.

It's ok, everyone has role.

PS. You do realize the rebellion against the crown was almost entirely led by Northerners? I mean, for being so smart and all.

You really make this too easy Cap'n A.

That's all you got, after I ripped you a new *******??? LMAO. I know you already suffer from incontinence but that's not a legitimate reason to ignore being violated over

Last edited:
This is all you have. Shadow boxing.

It's ok.

No. I actually obliterated your entire worthless argument. You're just suffering from mental degeneration so you're delusional enough to think that you won. But it's ok because like I said your time here is almost up

Advertisement
No. I actually obliterated your entire worthless argument. You're just suffering from mental degeneration so you're delusional enough to think that you won. But it's ok because like I said your time here is almost up

👆👆👆
HdtY5cqaCBXna.gif

Was I obstructing your view of Venus?

You know that space modulator doesn't have near the power you think it does.

Last edited:
Racist Dabo on the clock, he won't stand for any players taking a knee but let a racist coach hurl a racial slur in practice.

Advertisement
You’re not following me. I know what a good player he is. But take a look at that roster.

And then tell me that it’s going to make a difference at the end of the season.

They’re literally going to have 10 to 12 games to work it out, choosing from multiple talented replacements.

It won’t make a bit of difference to us or them in December. Now if Trevor Lawrence goes down that’s another matter.

If we end up at the ACCCG in December, and lightning strikes and we beat them, I assure you it won’t be because they lost Ross way back in June.

It would be because Manny got it together and lead this team through the adversity they faced during the season

I believe in Lashlee and King. If we get the defensive pre snap alignments right and dial back the safety blitzing and stunting, we can hit Lawrence and get him off track.

Syracuse and a 2-9 UNC team could bang with those guys. We can too if we get better coaching.

That's true but how much better did those players become playing with Jeudy? He was consistently drawing the #1 CB assignment
Devante and waddle still gonna eating as long as bama QB is good..I really didn’t see teams double jeudy this year once those guys showed they can constantly win 1 on 1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back