Justin Rogers

This is the one you overpay for and do not allow to leave the city without "signing" an NIL deal.

It's really that simple. The chances of this specific type of player being available again are very small.

You can then pick up some other 1T - Arkansas kid, Tarber, someone else - to round out the rotation.

These aren't nice to haves. I'm sure the coaching staff sees we *need* two and *need* someone who can eat a lot of the snaps (starter level).

Get this one done, please.

Advertisement
If we were to land both we actually upgraded this position at 1st AND 2nd string over last year. It would immediately go from an area of big question mark to a strength. Gives Moten more time to develop and allows JHH to maybe lean up and play behind Taylor in more of a 3 tech where I think he is best.

These two guys are a pretty big deal to the overall team, I would throw some heavy resources at them.
I think that’s potentially a rosy forecast. I think it 100% puts us around to even. It maybe an upgrade but not necessarily. Rogers will be better at taking on doubles but I don’t think he will be as disruptive in terms of penetration. More importantly, even if it is an improvement it still isn’t a strength. We need Roger and another impact guy, plus someone to replace Miller. If that happens, I would agree with you.

Advertisement
I’d take tabor over the arky kid as you could probably get a few more years with tabor and I think he’s a perfect run stuffing DT

The arky kid is pretty much just an older dude with one year and is mostly a depth piece
Absolutely not.

This is the one you overpay for and do not allow to leave the city without "signing" an NIL deal.

It's really that simple. The chances of this specific type of player being available again are very small.

You can then pick up some other 1T - Arkansas kid, Tarber, someone else - to round out the rotation.

These aren't nice to haves. I'm sure the coaching staff sees we *need* two and *need* someone who can eat a lot of the snaps (starter level).

Him and Nichols instantly upgrade that room. Two birds one stone. I’d still add one more:

Advertisement
Him and Nichols instantly upgrade that room. Two birds one stone. I’d still add one more:
Like most, I'm an ardent "build a defense from the inside out" guy, so by all means...add another, if available. We currently have 6 total ******* dudes inside! And, I have no idea if JHH sticks around post-Spring or not.

Advertisement

This is the player that makes every level of the defense better by making assignments easier.

Advertisement
I think that’s potentially a rosy forecast. I think it 100% puts us around to even. It maybe an upgrade but not necessarily. Rogers will be better at taking on doubles but I don’t think he will be as disruptive in terms of penetration. More importantly, even if it is an improvement it still isn’t a strength. We need Roger and another impact guy, plus someone to replace Miller. If that happens, I would agree with you.

Agree, idk about it being a strength yet. I do think Rogers and Jackson are different types of guys, although Rogers would be replacing Jackson on the field. Jackson was a guy that could play all 3 downs and not be a wash in the pass rush department but as many have noted, he wasn’t necessarily a space eating guy that took on doubles well etc. Rogers is exactly that though, a 2 down space eating presence that will help our LBs significantly. I also agree that we would need another one, even if we were fortunate enough to add Rogers and Nichols, and not just a jag either.

Advertisement
Back