Off-Topic Justin Hodges Arrest

Actually the issue is much bigger than black or white. Is it higher amongst AA? Yes .…..but fatherless homes in white homes are up dramatically too. It’s a societal problem. The race with the best numbers in this country are Asians, they have 90 % fathers in the home and 85 % are married.

This. It's a society-wide issue, just like opioid abuse at a multi-racial level. Do AA communities have an epidemic on this front? Yes, but so of others that tend to mask it.

Advertisement
FT_19.12.12_USsingleParents_map.png

****, this is pretty wild. Never really thought about this or the comparisons to the rest of the world. Probably 5X or more the global average, when you consider the global average is 6.8% but that includes America. I'll bet if you remove the USA, that drops under 6%, probably closer to 5%. Crazy.

This is an interesting discussion (and you've all been mostly civil about it), but it really has no place on the recruiting board. I'm not trying to kill the conversation, but merely noting it should be had elsewhere. I'd suggest a new thread, or I could transfer this one to Off Topic? Let me know.

This is an interesting discussion (and you've all been mostly civil about it), but it really has no place on the recruiting board. I'm not trying to kill the conversation, but merely noting it should be had elsewhere. I'd suggest a new thread, or I could transfer this one to Off Topic? Let me know.

I hear you. If it goes Off Topic, a lot of unhinged people will take over that and kill it. Let's just call it a day and move on.

Advertisement
The data on fatherless homes is beyond alarming. We live in a time where anything man or masculine is considered negative , especially with the new woke generations. If the stats for fatherless homes matched a narrative the mainstream cared about we’d hear a lot more about it. Girls and boys need a father in their lives just as much as a mother. The attack on the nuclear family is causing a lot of the issues in society and people don’t want to acknowledge it.
That attack has been ongoing for a while but it predates the woke movement. Also, social media has advanced faster than parents have with understanding it. Kids are learning things faster and quicker than before. They are also growing up toxically because of that. We are getting bombarded by multiple variables here.

That attack has been ongoing for a while but it predates the woke movement. Also, social media has advanced faster than parents have with understanding it. Kids are learning things faster and quicker than before. They are also growing up toxically because of that. We are getting bombarded by multiple variables here.
It started decades ago. Long before the internet and social media. It’s just sped up since both.

Pink Book has great content. I think what has been overlooked is that women are bringing kids into this world with no intention of being with the father “I don’t need no man!” We are seeing the results.
Top G was teaching young me to be MEN. Globalists don’t like that

It started decades ago. Long before the internet and social media. It’s just sped up since both.

I live in a big city with great public transportation. You should see the horrible parenting I observe in the metro or bus. The lack of parental engagement. Everyone sucked into their phones.

Advertisement
I live in a big city with great public transportation. You should see the horrible parenting I observe in the metro or bus. The lack of parental engagement. Everyone sucked into their phones.
I have no crumb snatchers but my generation had a big hand in these little ******** being raised lol. They’re friends not parents. Actually the parents act intimidated by the children.

Another factor is that DEI is now a multi-billion dollar industry. It shares some similarities to the cancer treatment industry, in that, if you eradicate the problem (cancer or racism/bigotry) then there would be no need for the industry. While I think both cancer treatment and DEI initiatives have some obvious benefits, they do inherently create nefarious incentives for leaders in those industries. Speaking plainly, they are incentivized to make sure a problem always exists, take that however you want but it's a plain as day fact.

Advertisement
Another factor is that DEI is now a multi-billion dollar industry. It shares some similarities to the cancer treatment industry, in that, if you eradicate the problem (cancer or racism/bigotry) then there would be no need for the industry. While I think both cancer treatment and DEI initiatives have some obvious benefits, they do inherently create nefarious incentives for leaders in those industries. Speaking plainly, they are incentivized to make sure a problem always exists, take that however you want but it's a plain as day fact.

DEI's are getting slashed left and right in the tech space. Everyone loves the idea of having DEI in their company but once it comes time to slash budgets its the first group to go

DEI's are getting slashed left and right in the tech space. Everyone loves the idea of having DEI in their company but once it comes time to slash budgets its the first group to go
I work in this space and I'm interested to see what becomes of my company's DEI dept in '23. The legacy part of our business is struggling and some tough decisions are likely ahead

Advertisement
I work in this space and I'm interested to see what becomes of my company's DEI dept in '23. The legacy part of our business is struggling and some tough decisions are likely ahead
I'm a part of a $20b private company and I'm personally shocked by how quickly we created a DEI department and then promoted a leader to EVP and on the executive committee. I've been with this same company for 16 years now and have never seen resources this large allocated and committed so quickly.

Advertisement
Back