Justin Flowe

Advertisement
USC is worried about his injury history. Would definitely prefer Mauigoa.
Yeah , this is a post I made yesterday. There seems to be concerns with his athletic ability after injuries.

E29AA7FF-15E1-432D-A2B1-FAD8AE6B4403.png

Last edited:
IMO you take Flowe based on sheer potential alone. He has a ton of eligibility left. He had a connection with our staff already. It would be a shame to see him go somewhere like Colorado and become an All-American LB for Deion. When he could’ve been here doing it, the place he should’ve been all along.

Flowe was the best high school LB I’ve seen since 2004. I won’t go into detail on that one. But he’s the best I’ve seen in 15+ years. Sure he might not be the same as he was pre-injury but the potential is there…

Advertisement
A healthy Flowe would start along side Wes and Mauigoa IMO. Then we have guys like Chase Smith, Malik Bryant, Raul Agguire and Bobby Washington to rotate in.

A healthy flowe wasn't a starter last year because he didn't know what he was doing and was exposed when he was on the field.

Flowe was hurt and only played in 1 game for Mario. Had 14 tackles vs Fresno last year in the first game.

So blame Lanning for him not progressing.

Mario had him for 2 years, Lanning 1. However with this logic, you can't give credit to Mario for Trey Benson as many have. Because he did nothing under Mario at Oregon. Norvell gets the credit for his development.

Advertisement
Doesn’t mean he was completely healthy…

Doesn't mean that he wasn't either. He got passed up for reps early in the season and was LB4 for them. No one from Oregon is that upset that he is leaving only for the fact that it hurts depth.

There are other guys who are in the portal that are better than this kid.

Not you specifically but CIS is infatuated with him because of he could run and was overly aggressive on his HS tape. He'd be a fit on last years defense because he likes going for the hard hits and misses tackles instead of just wrapping up.

Doesn't mean that he wasn't either. He got passed up for reps early in the season and was LB4 for them. No one from Oregon is that upset that he is leaving only for the fact that it hurts depth.

There are other guys who are in the portal that are better than this kid.

Not you specifically but CIS is infatuated with him because of he could run and was overly aggressive on his HS tape. He'd be a fit on last years defense because he likes going for the hard hits and misses tackles instead of just wrapping up.

No disrespect to u, but since I’ve already commented on this, I’ll bring everyone else up to speed since there’s tons of pages on this thread.

1. U’re dealing w/ a young man that truly loves football & the physicality of it. He spent two yrs in back to back seasons dealing w/ season ending injuries.

2. In his 1st game after a yr off in 2021, he put up 14 tackles immediately, b4 getting injured for the season again

Flowe is a very good football player, however, as noted, he wasn’t the same guy this season. Coming off two major injuries, I saw the hesitancy & lack of freeness. He also had a bit of a set back w/ his foot & he sat a couple of games due to it.

Clearly he struggled which is y he was benched. There’s two things that need to be cleared when suffering season ending injuries; the physical component & the mental. He took way too many steps & wasn’t the bullet he was starting the 2021 season or while in HS. I wouldn’t write him off, personally. I think at his next stop u’ll see more of the hype, but his injury history should be a concern simply b/c it’s apart of his jacket.

Advertisement
If there’s no cap , why not take him. Low risk , high reward
Either he or our coach doesn’t have interest. The reasons why either party does or doesn’t want him to be here are up for speculation.
We also do t know if we are or aren’t pursuing him.

We'll be well under the 85 limit, so you take a chance on the potential upside with a guy like Flowe of there's any interest if course. To add to that, it isn't like his unit is anything special and athletically speaking, he'd be a massive upgrade providing he's healthy.

Advertisement
Supposedly but Flagg has had a hall of fame career compared to Flowe.

You have to be on the field, regardless of the potential.
Flowe’s had 2 injuries and a plethora of talented dudes to battle for a job including Penei Sewell’s little brother who’s their best backer right now.

Advertisement
Back