Justin Fields transferring

Advertisement
There needs to be a sticky about the new transfer rules.

1. Kids can go anywhere they like ... no more blocking.
2. Kids still have to sit out a year.
3. No they can't play less than 5 games, take a redshirt, and play at the new school the next year (see #2).
4. See above.

Thank. You.

It would certainly make a ton of sense for the kid to come here if he feels comfortable the waiver will be approved. Just gotta hope Richt feels the same.

Advertisement
Thing is, I could’ve sworn last year this kid said with his own mouth that he prefers to go to school that runs a pro style offense, OU is definitely the new hot team for QBs...2 of their last QBs have gone on to win the Heisman, but that’s the problem, they have the #1 QB recruit committed to them rn, and many more to come, plus I’m not sure the offense they run is the one fields is describing, I think he wants to run a traditional (yet innovative) pro style offense to make him a better NFL prospect
Except OU is basically UGA this year. Idk whos better but Fromm was set up to blow up ghis year and Fields in his eyes got screwed over. Rattler is seen as a monster so for Fields why gamble again?

Why would you have to be in it for him last year to be in it this year? He clearly made the wrong choice last year, so maybe he’ll reevaluate completely.

I can almost assure one thing—transfer QBs look for a place where they’re pretty much guaranteed to start. Fields wouldn’t get that at OU because Rattler is really good. And either he or the guy who nearly beat Murray out for the job this year will be very tough competition. Transfer QBs want nothing to do with that.

I'm not saying we are or are not a likely destination. I was just wondering the basis for the optimism.

Advertisement
If richt tries to get bryant he will try to get fields.

Our offense will be elite no matter who is the coach with that talent next year. Fields is WAY BETTER than anyone we have

QB - SO Fields
RB - SR Homer JR Dallas SO Davis RS FR Lingard
FB - RS FR Realus George
TE - SO Brevin Jordan SO Will Mallory FR Larry Hodges FR Keon Zipperer???????
WR - RS SO - Harley SO Brian Hightower - SO Pope - SO Wiggins - FR Hasslewood - FR Payton
LT - Kennedy/Campbell
LG - Donaldson/Reed
C - Gaynor/Clark
RG Boulware/Mahoney
RT Scaife/Herbert

It doesnt matter who the coach is that will put up 35+ on every ACC team

Advertisement
Why would you have to be in it for him last year to be in it this year? He clearly made the wrong choice last year, so maybe he’ll reevaluate completely.

I can almost assure one thing—transfer QBs look for a place where they’re pretty much guaranteed to start. Fields wouldn’t get that at OU because Rattler is really good. And either he or the guy who nearly beat Murray out for the job this year will be very tough competition. Transfer QBs want nothing to do with that.

Exactly. Remember we/Rick was supposedly in it for Eason prior to his commitment. Then he transfers and we didn't even get a look from the kid.

Sure, maybe he has a ****** and wanted to run home but the larger point of the recruitment during your high school career not carrying the same (or any) weight during your transfer recruitment still stands.

Advertisement
If richt tries to get bryant he will try to get fields.

Our offense will be elite no matter who is the coach with that talent next year. Fields is WAY BETTER than anyone we have

QB - SO Fields
RB - SR Homer JR Dallas SO Davis RS FR Lingard
FB - RS FR Realus George
TE - SO Brevin Jordan SO Will Mallory FR Larry Hodges FR Keon Zipperer???????
WR - RS SO - Harley SO Brian Hightower - SO Pope - SO Wiggins - FR Hasslewood - FR Payton
LT - Kennedy/Campbell
LG - Donaldson/Reed
C - Gaynor/Clark
RG Boulware/Mahoney
RT Scaife/Herbert

It doesnt matter who the coach is that will put up 35+ on every ACC team

You under estimate the suckness of OC Richt

Doubt it'll be OU. They got Spencer coming in and if Fields have to sit out a year, he'll be in the same position.

Advertisement
Back