Justin Fields granted immediate Waiver by NCAA

Take it to the bank, we are going to be denied. I am 100% sure.

And believe me I am praying I am wrong and will happily admit that I was wrong.

I mean, have you guys not been paying attention? Hernandez earlier this year, and any other possible ruling or interaction we have had with the NCAA ALWAYS ends up going against us.

We all know how this story ends:

Advertisement
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

But what is sad is that the board is filled with so many uninformed opinions.

Lots of articles out there. Read them.

A recent one basically said...the NCAA couldn't OUTRIGHT allow immediate eligibility...so they are addressing the issue by being SUPER lenient on the waiver requests. They already approved more than 50% of football requests last year.

Also, people are heavily misinformed on the "Martell vs. Fields" grounds. I have pointed this out before, but let's try again. The assistant coach that Ohio Taint fired was ALSO abusive in practice towards the players. He lied. He committed crimes. His actions led to Urban being suspended, then facing uncertainty, and ultimately "retiring". New coach comes in and CLEARLY doesn't want to coach Tate, literally brings Fields into a hoops game and sits him courtside while Tate is in the rafters.

Finally, one of the criteria (not the only one, and not necessarily the determining one) involves coaching changes. It's not exactly "your coach leaves, you get to transfer". But when the coach leaves under a cloud of wrongdoing, it is going to be SUPER-EASY for the NCAA to just grant you the waiver. Look at what happened recently at Mizzou, where the NCAA sanctions allowed the NCAA to say that upperclassmen could transfer and be eligible immediately.

The tide has turned, and the NCAA is granting a much wider latitude when players want to leave for valid reasons related to wrongdoing.

Tate should be able to get his waiver. If his lawyer builds a strong argument, I'd put the chances at 80-90% in this new NCAA environment.

Claim someone in his family (that he won't be compelled to name) was the victim of domestic violence. Done deal.

Look, it's unsavory to lie about that stuff but what card Fields played is worse, imo. At least the NCAA has an out with both- racism and domestic violence. As was mentioned though, Fields now opens the door for EVERY minority in the SEC and a lot at other Power 5 schools to try to play that card AND w/o a family member remaining behind at the institution they're claiming they can't exist at.

What card would this be?

They both have good cases and yes i believe they both transferred because they didn't think they would have a fair opportunity to get on the field so they're using things that happened to them during the time they were at UGA and OSU.

Fields is using the racial incident that took place and Martell is citing a coaching change. Ncaa isn't touching a racial issue with a 100ft pole and kids get waivers all the time when they're is a coaching change. So I expect Martell to be granted his as well and If not then I want to see UM go for the Ncaa throat

Advertisement
One drunk throwing a racial epithet amongst 80,000 people? Goodness gracious, every AA player in the SEC will be eligible to immediately transfer if that is the new precedent.

Exactly! It was not said to Fields face. He did not hear it. It was reported/tweeted by a female in the student section. UGa kicked the kid off the baseball team and out of school. Fields met with the guy and accepted his apology. Still inappropriate and Martell deserves the same fair treatment from the NCAA.

#MeToo movement for the win. Tate wins easily

Now Martin will get screwed. Auburn "screwed up" your red shirt? Tough luck, take this year off as your red shirt, problem solved.

We win one, lose one

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ohio State will promote the Martell waiver with the NCAA.They do not need the negative attention or any revelations of wrong doing to go public.Tate can take legal action and gets supena powers which will dig deep into their crooked football program .A football program where an assistant coach beat his wife and the Head Coach and administrators looked the other way.The coaches lied then and they lied to Martell countless times about the qb situation.

He and Tate don't have a similar case at all though. Not sure why people are comparing them.
Yes they do. Tate left cause he felt unsafe with the culture that was allowed at OSU. Harboring a domestic abuser gave him PTSD from when his sister got smacked in high school by a boyfriend (i don’t have actual facts to back that up).

Yeah, some people forget we live in this pvssified "#metoo" era. What used to slide just a few years ago doesn't anymore. Deondre Francois? F$U would have brushed that under the rug without batting an eye just 5 years ago. Today? He's gone. Martell can allege there was an abusive, systemic pattern of domestic abuse by a coach. Again, 5 years ago? No one really cares. But today it's World War III.

I'm pretty sure Martell gets a waiver. The question is when is the final decision rendered by the NCAA. A lengthy delay coupled with a waiver can be very damaging to his prospects of starting.

Advertisement
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

But what is sad is that the board is filled with so many uninformed opinions.

Lots of articles out there. Read them.

A recent one basically said...the NCAA couldn't OUTRIGHT allow immediate eligibility...so they are addressing the issue by being SUPER lenient on the waiver requests. They already approved more than 50% of football requests last year.

Also, people are heavily misinformed on the "Martell vs. Fields" grounds. I have pointed this out before, but let's try again. The assistant coach that Ohio Taint fired was ALSO abusive in practice towards the players. He lied. He committed crimes. His actions led to Urban being suspended, then facing uncertainty, and ultimately "retiring". New coach comes in and CLEARLY doesn't want to coach Tate, literally brings Fields into a hoops game and sits him courtside while Tate is in the rafters.

Finally, one of the criteria (not the only one, and not necessarily the determining one) involves coaching changes. It's not exactly "your coach leaves, you get to transfer". But when the coach leaves under a cloud of wrongdoing, it is going to be SUPER-EASY for the NCAA to just grant you the waiver. Look at what happened recently at Mizzou, where the NCAA sanctions allowed the NCAA to say that upperclassmen could transfer and be eligible immediately.

The tide has turned, and the NCAA is granting a much wider latitude when players want to leave for valid reasons related to wrongdoing.

Tate should be able to get his waiver. If his lawyer builds a strong argument, I'd put the chances at 80-90% in this new NCAA environment.

I hope you’re right, but I’ve been down this road before.

You’re basically guaranteeing a waiver. We shall see.

Advertisement
Need to leak fake news about Tate requiring surgery for season-ending injury. NCAA will then grant the waiver to make themselves look good thinking he won’t play anyway...

...then, Tate is winning our 6th national championship.

Advertisement
Back