Justin Fields granted immediate Waiver by NCAA

I really don't see how Tate is gonna get his waiver. What is the basis of his argument to get immediate eligibility? Fields had the racism issue. Definitely not getting my hopes up.
Domestic abuse and coaching change possibly?

Advertisement
What is his ammo?

First, you have the obvious. The coaching change. Along with that comes the fact that tOSU is doing things differently at QB now too. Martell also had to be talked about of transferring before, and may have some ammo related to the things Urban and others may have said to him to get him to stick around that turned out to be lies.

Second, you have the issue with the Urban Meyer scandal. Tate is very close with his sister and can easily build a case that because of his relationship with his sister he has a heightened respect for women and significant disdain for those who abuse women and those who look the other way when women are being abused. As such, he can easily make the case that he is disturbed by the way tOSU handled the situation and can't in good conscience continue to be a student at such an institution, let alone a student-athlete. One might challenge why he didn't transfer sooner, and the answer to that is simple, the scandal broke too close to football season to allow Tate to find another school that would be a good fit for him athletically and academically.

Advertisement
I'm not, it would suck but even if Tate is not eligible this year I believe Enos can get Jarren ready.

Think more at this point we want another reason to be mad at the ncaa for pulling another bull**** move against this university and treating us differently then some of the media darlings.

I believe in both Martel and jarren but would rather them battle it out then someone having the job handed to them when Kosi inevitably screws up again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First, you have the obvious. The coaching change. Along with that comes the fact that tOSU is doing things differently at QB now too. Martell also had to be talked about of transferring before, and may have some ammo related to the things Urban and others may have said to him to get him to stick around that turned out to be lies.

Second, you have the issue with the Urban Meyer scandal. Tate is very close with his sister and can easily build a case that because of his relationship with his sister he has a heightened respect for women and significant disdain for those who abuse women and those who look the other way when women are being abused. As such, he can easily make the case that he is disturbed by the way tOSU handled the situation and can't in good conscience continue to be a student at such an institution, let alone a student-athlete. One might challenge why he didn't transfer sooner, and the answer to that is simple, the scandal broke too close to football season to allow Tate to find another school that would be a good fit for him athletically and academically.

I think only the coaching change is a legit argument for the NCAA. Fields had the racism card (which I frankly agree with) that the NCAA won't argue; Tate can't point to an issue like that. I think the sister argument is clever, but might be a stretch. I'm hopeful, but not confident, that he'll get a waiver.

Advertisement
Can't be.

Y'all swore that his sister staying at UGA would invalidate his concerns about staying there ...

:11263323124-b207743c78-o:

Most people here said he’d get it but knew he was just manipulating the situation. Just like Tate would be.

Both want to start. And are using the circumstances. If Uga is so bad and offensive i seriously doubt anyone would let their baby sister/daughter go there.

It’s common sense.

I really don't see how Tate is gonna get his waiver. What is the basis of his argument to get immediate eligibility? Fields had the racism issue. Definitely not getting my hopes up.

Lol then anyone can claim racism(especially In the $ec) and transfer out. Tate has a better case because his coach left... plus fields sister didn’t feel threaten by all the rasist ppl in Georgia?

Advertisement
Back