Just wanted to say...

Advertisement
Congratulations but some things should be kept private (to you and your family). No reason to announce your personal affairs to world.
FYI OP I made my comment in good faith; I assume you’re a younger guy and I’m just passing some advice. Protect yourself young man. EVEYONE downvoting and laughing are the same people that will turn your life upside down of a comment online. these same clowns chased Shaqs dad off the board and almost did the same to Thomas Davis’s dad.

You gain nothing from putting yourself out there except meaningless internet clout. Congratulations, but enjoy that **** with your family and the people who really matter

Advertisement
Congrats and good choice! As an alum:

-Take some business classes.
-Live off campus if you can.
-Chicken Grill > Chicken Kitchen
-The Grove is great but overrated. Gables has some awesome bars.
-Try to get involved in something. Student Government, clubs, whatever. I'm guessing you're a guy... highly recommend taking some salsa lessons. Totally worth it.
-Miami is HUGE and full of all sorts of amazing things. Get away from campus, explore the area, get out of your comfort zone.
-Go to Fantasy Fest and explore the Keys in general.
-Do your best to learn Spanish.
-Greek life is seriously stupid, especially at Miami. Don't fall into that trap.
-If you're gonna work, check out the Miami Commitment program. I spent four years working for the professors in my major to the point I became friends with many them. I housesat for the Chair of my department and I'm certain it's why I got the interviews I got. It helps A LOT.
-Go to the baseball games, especially on Friday nights.
-South Beach is cool to hang out in the day but overrated at night unless you're rolling in a Lambo.
-Do everything you can to make friends with someone who has a boat.
-Monty's in the late winter/early spring is everything.

The cool thing about The U is you get the college life to a degree but there's so, so much more. I had much more fun hanging with international students and/or local Cubans than I did getting drunk at Moe's. Hit me up if you want any other input.
Glad you took that job with the Miami tourism committee. Well done sir! Helluva breakdown man!

Last edited:
I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!
Congrats my man!

PS. Can you play LB?

Advertisement
Zoltar sees much student loan debt in your future.

1616910350936.png

Advertisement
Gators I get but how are there barracuda’s in a lake unless it’s being fed by the intracoastal via biscayne bay and the river nearby???
It drains to the bay and both crocodiles and barracudas can live in brackish water.

If course, people could also be confusing gators and gar for crocs and cudas.

I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!
Congratulations on getting accepted to the best **** university in Florida mate!!

Advertisement
It drains to the bay and both crocodiles and barracudas can live in brackish water.

If course, people could also be confusing gators and gar for crocs and cudas.
We crocs In Miami? I’d heard that there were some American Crocs in the Everglades so I guess that’s it.

We crocs In Miami? I’d heard that there were some American Crocs in the Everglades so I guess that’s it.
There are plenty around the Turkey Point power plant, so it's not impossible. Also they lost two Nile crocodiles when the Crandon Park zoo closed. I never saw a gator or crocodile when I was a kid living in Palmetto Bay and I fished every canal within bicycle range.

Congrats on having the goal of being the hero of the board in the spring and a POS during the season

but for real, congrats and good luck

Gators I get but how are there barracuda’s in a lake unless it’s being fed by the intracoastal via biscayne bay and the river nearby???
There was a discussion on this a couple of years ago under a thread I started that was entitled “What Lurks in Lake Osceola”. As a student In the 90s I saw several barracudas in Osceola when walking by the music building. That assertion was disputed, but as you go through the thread you’ll find that (at least at one point) confirmation that there were barracudas in the lake.

Not certain if conditions still allow for it now.

Advertisement
Back