Just wanted to say...

StevoBevo

Freshman
I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!

Advertisement
I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!
Congratulations

Advertisement
Advertisement
Congratulations .. huge accomplishment and tremendous career path doing something you really enjoy with a great institution.

Dude Spying GIF by Originals

Advertisement
And i thought you were going to say SantaFe..

Advertisement

Congrats and good choice! As an alum:

-Take some business classes.
-Live off campus if you can.
-Chicken Grill > Chicken Kitchen
-The Grove is great but overrated. Gables has some awesome bars.
-Try to get involved in something. Student Government, clubs, whatever. I'm guessing you're a guy... highly recommend taking some salsa lessons. Totally worth it.
-Miami is HUGE and full of all sorts of amazing things. Get away from campus, explore the area, get out of your comfort zone.
-Go to Fantasy Fest and explore the Keys in general.
-Do your best to learn Spanish.
-Greek life is seriously stupid, especially at Miami. Don't fall into that trap.
-If you're gonna work, check out the Miami Commitment program. I spent four years working for the professors in my major to the point I became friends with many them. I housesat for the Chair of my department and I'm certain it's why I got the interviews I got. It helps A LOT.
-Go to the baseball games, especially on Friday nights.
-South Beach is cool to hang out in the day but overrated at night unless you're rolling in a Lambo.
-Do everything you can to make friends with someone who has a boat.
-Monty's in the late winter/early spring is everything.

The cool thing about The U is you get the college life to a degree but there's so, so much more. I had much more fun hanging with international students and/or local Cubans than I did getting drunk at Moe's. Hit me up if you want any other input.

Advertisement
Back