Just wanted to say...

There was a discussion on this a couple of years ago under a thread I started that was entitled “What Lurks in Lake Osceola”. As a student In the 90s I saw several barracudas in Osceola when walking by the music building. That assertion was disputed, but as you go through the thread you’ll find that (at least at one point) confirmation that there were barracudas in the lake.

Not certain if conditions still allow for it now.
Thread 'OT - What lurks in Lake Osceola?' https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/ot-what-lurks-in-lake-osceola.146410/

Advertisement
There was a discussion on this a couple of years ago under a thread I started that was entitled “What Lurks in Lake Osceola”. As a student In the 90s I saw several barracudas in Osceola when walking by the music building. That assertion was disputed, but as you go through the thread you’ll find that (at least at one point) confirmation that there were barracudas in the lake.

Here's one of the responses:

gruntking

I've fished my whole life around the Miami area, and while brackish water fish like tarpon, snook, mullet and others are caught and seen in canals and bay connected lakes... I have never heard that barracuda exist in brackish water.
However... I just got off the phone with the editor of the Florida Sportsman magazine and he says it is very possible barracuda were seen in Lake Ocseola because he himself saw snappers and jack crevalle there some years ago.
View attachment 81739

A word of warning for any UM student. Beware the ducks. They are vicious. Also watch where you step. The evidence of their presence is constantly nderfoot.

I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!
Wow!! That's awesome , young blood. I wish you nothing but the best. Keep your eye on the prize, stay in yo lane and never let anyone steal your joy! Follow those 3 simple rules and the world is yours , young Cane. You've spent most of your life trying to get where you're at right now. Make it count and best of luck!! You got this!

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement

When the parking garage was Scodella Lot.( I believe.) I would park the IR delivery van and fish small Cuda and snook in the creek that runs into Lake O.

I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!

Congratulations, sir, and welcome to the family. I grew up in Central Florida and also picked UM over UiF.

I can also recommend some summer reading for you, it's a little thread over on our Recruiting board that has nearly 2,000 pages. If you are lucky, you might be our four-millionth page viewer.

Enjoy!

Advertisement
Back