Just wanted to say...

Advertisement
Congrats and good choice! As an alum:

-Take some business classes.
-Live off campus if you can.
-Chicken Grill > Chicken Kitchen
-The Grove is great but overrated. Gables has some awesome bars.
-Try to get involved in something. Student Government, clubs, whatever. I'm guessing you're a guy... highly recommend taking some salsa lessons. Totally worth it.
-Miami is HUGE and full of all sorts of amazing things. Get away from campus, explore the area, get out of your comfort zone.
-Go to Fantasy Fest and explore the Keys in general.
-Do your best to learn Spanish.
-Greek life is seriously stupid, especially at Miami. Don't fall into that trap.
-If you're gonna work, check out the Miami Commitment program. I spent four years working for the professors in my major to the point I became friends with many them. I housesat for the Chair of my department and I'm certain it's why I got the interviews I got. It helps A LOT.
-Go to the baseball games, especially on Friday nights.
-South Beach is cool to hang out in the day but overrated at night unless you're rolling in a Lambo.
-Do everything you can to make friends with someone who has a boat.
-Monty's in the late winter/early spring is everything.

The cool thing about The U is you get the college life to a degree but there's so, so much more. I had much more fun hanging with international students and/or local Cubans than I did getting drunk at Moe's. Hit me up if you want any other input.
You have some good people happy to share some wisdom , @CashMoneyCane is one of them .

I can only share my Triple Doctorate in hard knocks wisdom and it tells me listen to these people.

CIS has many people here along with the management here are impeccable class acts and have everyone-best interest at heart.

I cannot say enough about CIS , I’m at home here with friends.

GOCANES

I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!
Felicidades & mazel tov!

Advertisement
I’m excited to join the Hurricanes family! As of yesterday I have been accepted to attend the university of Miami in the spring 22’ and major in exercise physiology and kinesiology with the intention of interning with the UM football S&C staff. Coming from Gainesville I have always dreamed of attending UM and now that day will finally happen. I did have the option to go to the local community college up here that some of you may know as UF. But I have brain cells I would like to keep for the time being. Go Canes!

Congratulations.

I envy you attending now.

It doesn’t seem that long ago since I attended, but the campus has really changed for the better, although my memories of it are still good. But now you have better food, even a Starbucks, incredible dorms, just generally more modern, more food choices, better transportation, and I’m sure at least as many if not more, dimes walking around.

Careful with going too crazy that freshman year. A lot of people get in trouble their first year - if you know what I mean. Have fun, but stay focused

Congratulations.

I envy you attending now.

It doesn’t seem that long ago since I attended, but the campus has really changed for the better, although my memories of it are still good. But now you have better food, even a Starbucks, incredible dorms, just generally more modern, more food choices, better transportation, and I’m sure at least as many if not more, dimes walking around.

Careful with going too crazy that freshman year. A lot of people get in trouble their first year - if you know what I mean. Have fun, but stay focused
One of the finest right here on this board , whatever you get from OCCC you get it all listen.

GOCANES

Love to see it.

pokemon laughing GIF

Advertisement
Future insider in the making...
or,
the beginning of an all time troll job.

Good luck to you either way.

!!!!!GO!!!!!
!!CANES!!
!!!:neonu:!!!

Advertisement
Congrats and good choice! As an alum:

-Take some business classes.
-Live off campus if you can.
-Chicken Grill > Chicken Kitchen
-The Grove is great but overrated. Gables has some awesome bars.
-Try to get involved in something. Student Government, clubs, whatever. I'm guessing you're a guy... highly recommend taking some salsa lessons. Totally worth it.
-Miami is HUGE and full of all sorts of amazing things. Get away from campus, explore the area, get out of your comfort zone.
-Go to Fantasy Fest and explore the Keys in general.
-Do your best to learn Spanish.
-Greek life is seriously stupid, especially at Miami. Don't fall into that trap.
-If you're gonna work, check out the Miami Commitment program. I spent four years working for the professors in my major to the point I became friends with many them. I housesat for the Chair of my department and I'm certain it's why I got the interviews I got. It helps A LOT.
-Go to the baseball games, especially on Friday nights.
-South Beach is cool to hang out in the day but overrated at night unless you're rolling in a Lambo.
-Do everything you can to make friends with someone who has a boat.
-Monty's in the late winter/early spring is everything.

The cool thing about The U is you get the college life to a degree but there's so, so much more. I had much more fun hanging with international students and/or local Cubans than I did getting drunk at Moe's. Hit me up if you want any other input.
Great advice here.
Especially the comment about Greek life, as that will limit your ability to do some of the other things @CashMoneyCane listed.
Be your own person, and man, just do it.
Because it goes so fricken quick.

Advertisement
WELCOME

BUT FYI

PRIORITY
#1 STUDY HARD
#2 GIRLS
Posting here should fall below Priority #348,657,341 on rainy days

Try and Stay off this board or only use lightly for the entertainment value.because.Our board can sometimes be a FACT FREE ZONE

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back