Just to give some perspective on how loaded this South Florida class is...

James Williams has a chance to be special. I really hope he doesn’t get ruined since we have f’in Banda teaching him smh. Just hold on JW, hopefully a real coach will come before you leave.
Ed Reed says what’s up

Advertisement
Manny and Staff (Besides Rumph and Baker) did an excellent job recruiting. Especially the new Offensive staff

We landed:

- 3 of the top 4 SoFla WRs (Brooks being the other)

- 3 out of the 4 Top OL (Tate being the other)

- The best Sofla RB

- A Nationally Ranked QB from Cali

- Another two headed monster at TE which includes The best TE prospect in the Country (Arroyo)

Both Tate and Brooks obviously are the type of guys you need years of success to get

On Defense:

- Two high ceiling DEs. Although IMO we should’ve taken Pat Payton

- The best DT in the country

- Two violent and aggressive LBs. Would’ve loved to land Hood here and Lewis, but T2 is just too much of a risk

- Two of the most versatile athletes in Chase Smith and Malik Curtis

- The two best Safties in SoFla and a true program changer in James Williams

Overall it’s clear Manny can sell the program and navigate the SoFla recruiting world pretty well

The problem is, he hasn’t shown any signs he can develop a winning/elite culture and his defensive scheme is pretty flawed against real coaches. This offseason is huge to determine if Manny wants to be the guy that can bring us back or if he’ll just be another Golden or Richt who’s too stubborn to make the right change

Last edited:
Yeah yeah, we've heard this song & dance before. Then they come here & can't learn playbook, still built like twigs, low iq, or just plain old suck. Our best player from South Florida this year was Mike Harley. Sorry I'm in show me don't tell me mode from today forward. Been burnt enough over the last decade by 7 on 7 divas.
Different argument for a different day. This is early National signing day, it’s about who you’re signing. There’s nothing else to “Show” you today.

Class was decent, but lagging behind Clemson's and about even with North Carolina's.

Football is won at the line of scrimmage.... Alabama brought in a five-star OL and 3 four-stars. Clemson brought in similar. That's what separates those teams from teams like Miami.

I'm not getting hyped about signing the 4th best WR in South Florida or the 4th best O-lineman. As far as I'm concerned, the class is decent but the talent gap between us and Clemson/Alabama/etc remains, and we're not closing in.

Advertisement
To give perspective:
Randy Shannon 1st class (#13)
Randy Shannon 2nd class (#1) Florida Boys

Al Golden 1st class (#33)
Al Golden 2nd class (#10) Florida Boys

Mark Richt 1st class (#22)
Mark Richt 2nd class (#12)

Manny Diaz 1st class (#16)
Manny Diaz 2nd class (#12....for now) Florida Boys

As mentioned, I’m very happy w/ our class, but I’ve been happy with our classes often. We have the ingredients; we’ve had the ingredients, but we’ve been touting each class as the savior or the steak to put the ingredients on. I’m wait to see what we do w these boys, but I’m getting tired each season some poster comes on here bashing So Fla kids calling them undisciplined w/ low IQs, yet So Fla kids go everywhere else & absolutely flourish.

Show me. Nice class, but now show me. 12 yrs of the same optimism. Show me.

This is absolutely on point.

To become elite, you need to stack top 10 classes, several years in a row. Manny isn't doing anything that Al Golden or Mark Richt didn't do before him. And we still have garbage at LB, CB, and the offensive line. Three of the most important positions in football.

We don't have ONE LB, CB, or offensive lineman who would start at ANY of the Top 10 schools. Not one player. And we didn't sign anyone today at those positions who would do enough to move the needle.

a bunch of "SoFla" dawgssssss got the U thrown upside down on national TV at their home stadium and didn't do a ******* thing about it.

Frierson is basically the only kid who embodies what people think Miami players are, but then actually plays worth a **** on Saturdays.
The s fla kids on the team now aren’t dawgssss. Those are in Alabama Ohio and s car

Class was decent, but lagging behind Clemson's and about even with North Carolina's.

Football is won at the line of scrimmage.... Alabama brought in a five-star OL and 3 four-stars. Clemson brought in similar. That's what separates those teams from teams like Miami.

I'm not getting hyped about signing the 4th best WR in South Florida or the 4th best O-lineman. As far as I'm concerned, the class is decent but the talent gap between us and Clemson/Alabama/etc remains, and we're not closing in.
We need to close the gap between us and Nc first q

Advertisement
The s fla kids on the team now aren’t dawgssss. Those are in Alabama Ohio and s car

Nah, nah, my brotha.

I need u to go to every recruiting thread since 2017, alone, and go see what was said about every recruit that’s come through. Especially what was said about A. Carter, G. Hall, A. Blades, D. Ivey, N. Silvera, J. Ford, Brooks (who I think is out of position), etc.

Per experts here, that’s all this team is....full of dogs that’s ready to hunt.

We need to close the gap between us and Nc first q

Only way that happens is if we get a whole new defensive staff, and we hit the portal for about 10 players. We need OL, LB, and CB's.... and we don't just need bodies there, we need difference makers.

If there's any hope to be had, it's that Manny has actually been pretty good at hitting the portal in years past, and I think this year will be more stacked than ever. We went from 6-7 to 8-2 based only on the portal. We need another haul of elite, former 5-stars to plug the gaps on this team

Seymoure will be an elite college football player. He’s next level.

unrelated but I would’ve gone after Tyreak Sapp a little harder.

Dude, chill out. That does NOT jive with what we're doing here. Everyone sucks, we suck, the fans suck, Manny sucks, the jerseys suck, the concession prices suck, both Blake's suck, Sebastian sucks, we're never gonna be back, The Rat sucks, the new dorms suck, Jim Morris sucks, and A-Rod sucks. More posts like this and less where something can be construed as positive, please.
You forgot Larrañega sucks.

Advertisement
I’m confident 3 of those guys will be first rounders. The two obvious 5 stars and Brinson.

Dude, chill out. That does NOT jive with what we're doing here. Everyone sucks, we suck, the fans suck, Manny sucks, the jerseys suck, the concession prices suck, both Blake's suck, Sebastian sucks, we're never gonna be back, The Rat sucks, the new dorms suck, Jim Morris sucks, and A-Rod sucks. More posts like this and less where something can be construed as positive, please.
BOTH BLAKE'S SUCK....🤣🤣...I'm dying from that one

Advertisement
Just the last 15+ years.
That's cause the ELITE South Florida guys been going to other schools, doe-doe head.
dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Advertisement
Back