Just to give some perspective on how loaded this South Florida class is...

Advertisement
Manny and Staff (Besides Rumph and Baker) did an excellent job recruiting. Especially the new Offensive staff

We landed:

- 3 of the top 4 SoFla WRs (Brooks being the other)

- 3 out of the 4 Top OL (Tate being the other)

- The best Sofla RB

- A Nationally Ranked QB from Cali

- Another two headed monster at TE which includes The best TE prospect in the Country (Arroyo)

Both Tate and Brooks obviously are the type of guys you need years of success to get

On Defense:

- Two high ceiling DEs. Although IMO we should’ve taken Pat Payton

- The best DT in the country

- Two violent and aggressive LBs. Would’ve loved to land Hood here and Lewis, but T2 is just too much of a risk

- Two of the most versatile athletes in Chase Smith and Malik Curtis

- The two best Safties in SoFla and a true program changer in James Williams

Overall it’s clear Manny can sell the program and navigate the SoFla recruiting world pretty well

The problem is, he hasn’t shown any signs he can develop a winning/elite culture and his defensive scheme is pretty flawed against real coaches. This offseason is huge to determine if Manny wants to be the guy that can bring us back or if he’ll just be another Golden or Richt who’s too stubborn to make the right change

The key is very simple for the 21 season --- let the young kids play early and often if they are worthy of it. We are now in the transfer portal era, and based on what we've seen, these guys are athletic upgrades from day one as the step on campus.

Seniority be damned

Play your best, live with their mistakes and let them grow and learn

We can't have Arthur Brown 2.0

Back to back great classes. Need to add a couple of CBs by February but our overall talent level is definitely trending in the right direction.

I’m done with the main board but hopefully y’all don’t fùck up the recruiting board too bad so I can still check it out from time to time. But to look at all the mopes bïtching in this thread, after all the talent that we just signed, tells me I should probably stay off of here too. Going to be a long miserable offseason around here. Guarantee it’ll be worse around here than FSU’s and other sub .500 teams’ boards. Never seen anything like Miami “fans”.

Just to add with what I mentioned with Jake Garcia in D$'s thread.

Jake Garcia is the 2nd highest rated QB we've ever signed in 247 era only behind KW2M.
Leonard Taylor is the highest rated defensive lineman we have ever signed in the 247 era.
James Williams is the 2nd highest rated defensive back we have ever signed in the 247 era only behind Kenny Phillips.

All in one class? That's a good class.

8 players in the Top 150 all-time recruits were signed in this class over the past 21 years, which is only behind the 2008 class.

This is a pretty **** good class. Hopefully things break right for them, whereas everything broke left for the 2008 class with basically no one panning out outside of like Sean Spence for Miami.

Only way that happens is if we get a whole new defensive staff, and we hit the portal for about 10 players. We need OL, LB, and CB's.... and we don't just need bodies there, we need difference makers.

If there's any hope to be had, it's that Manny has actually been pretty good at hitting the portal in years past, and I think this year will be more stacked than ever. We went from 6-7 to 8-2 based only on the portal. We need another haul of elite, former 5-stars to plug the gaps on this team
I know. 🤮

Advertisement
The class below would have a total score of 302.47 and rank 3rd in the country, right behind Bama and OSU. It may be awhile before we see a local class this stacked again.

What's the point? This was a great year to have success locally. You never get them all, but there is a lot of bold on this list. And with Leonard Taylor and James Williams, that includes arguably the two best players in the entire state:

QB- Santino Marucci
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels
WR- Jacorey Brooks
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley

OL- Marcus Tate
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp
DT- Savion Collins
LB- Terrence Lewis
LB- Jaydon Hood
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier
CB- Jason Marshall
K- Andres Borregales
Really loving this 2021 recruiting class of ours for certain. If we could’ve landed some top flight CB’s I’m sure our point total would have pushed us up into Top 8 territory. Now, let’s cut the dead weight on the defensive side of the ball coaching wise and start churning out better developed kids on that side of the ball.

8 to be exact;

Corey Flagg - already one of the top 2 LB’s on the team, Tirek Austin-Cave - Didn’t get many reps but shown flashes of much needed speed & athleticism, Keyshawn Smith - Didn’t get many reps but is legit probably the fastest WR on the roster, then Dunson, TVD, Daz, Quentin Williams & Chris Washington, all of whom are TBD obviously, but QWill, Dunson & Chris Washington show some promise. I was never high on Daz & was actually vehemently against taking him, but we’ll see & TVD remains to be seen depending on if King comes back or not.

It’s just about identifying the right guys, all the best players on our team right now are OOS prospects, King, Phillips, Roche, Brevin, Bolden, Zion, Nesta is the best DT, but JHH from NY is a close 2nd.

At skill positions like WR, RB, S, etc, I definitely agree with staying home & getting the best local players possible, but at QB & TE we’re a National brand & can attract really good players from all over at those spots. CB is interesting, because South FL & FLA in general produce very good to great Corners every single class, we just for whatever reason can never sign any, I’m not against going more National looking for CB’s if the current staff isn’t improved at that spot.

DE & DT should be primarily local as well, we’ve had good success getting top tier players at DE & in this class hauled in the best DT we’ve signed in a decade, the 22 class is also loaded locally at DE & DT, so no issue there.

LB is another interesting case study, locally South FL does produce some good LB’s annually, we just struggle landing them & when we do we never develop them, I’m leaning towards going more national at LB, however the 22 class is stacked at LB, especially with a kid like Bissainthe who’s a must get, but that’s another area where the staff can’t stop falling over themselves missing on top local prospects.

I guess the real solution is for the staff to just eval & recruit better lol.
Or we get better CB, LB, and DC coaches who develop their players.

Just to add with what I mentioned with Jake Garcia in D$'s thread.

Jake Garcia is the 2nd highest rated QB we've ever signed in 247 era only behind KW2M.
Leonard Taylor is the highest rated defensive lineman we have ever signed in the 247 era.
James Williams is the 2nd highest rated defensive back we have ever signed in the 247 era only behind Kenny Phillips.

All in one class? That's a good class.

8 players in the Top 150 all-time recruits were signed in this class over the past 21 years, which is only behind the 2008 class.

This is a pretty **** good class. Hopefully things break right for them, whereas everything broke left for the 2008 class with basically no one panning out outside of like Sean Spence for Miami.
It's good recruiting. Let's hope it's equally good evals. KW wasn't good. Was Forston the higher rated DL? He didn't play to rating.

Advertisement
The more SFL kids you have in your class, the more likely your class is to be underrated. There just isn't enough room in the rankings for all the talent that blossoms down here.

Good class with some Elite upside players, but missed on a premier CB & a top tier LB.

I still believe overly homogeneous classes can backfire down the line, it’s understandable for this class considering circumstances of C19, but for the future whether we want to or not, we will have to recruit more nationally in order to have sustained success.

There’s not one single winning program in college football who solely recruit in their own state, even the talent rich states like Texas, Cali, Georgia, Louisiana etc, their top schools in those states do not just strictly recruit in their backyard.

I agree with going 95% local for this class, but for future classes, have to expand it, it’s just the science of the game now.
Agreed. This year it’s understandable but you can’t have sustained success with that approach. Tampa / orlando and Jacksonville are talent rich areas and we are not players under manny. Georgia connection is also gone.

The "hyped up" South Florida kids seem to do well at other schools.
Just sayin.

A much highly percentage of S Fla kids who leave home are busting out and hitting the portal all over the place.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We really think Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Bosa boys, Elijah Moore, Pat Surtain, wouldn’t be the same players today if they had gone to Miami?

How about Miami hasn’t landed the cream of crop in South Florida for years. Other than above mentioned....

Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook
Tyson Campbell
Lamar Jackson
Tyrique Stevenson
Josh Jobe
C. J. Henderson
Frank Ladson

To give perspective:
Randy Shannon 1st class (#13)
Randy Shannon 2nd class (#1) Florida Boys

Al Golden 1st class (#33)
Al Golden 2nd class (#10) Florida Boys

Mark Richt 1st class (#22)
Mark Richt 2nd class (#12)

Manny Diaz 1st class (#16)
Manny Diaz 2nd class (#12....for now) Florida Boys

As mentioned, I’m very happy w/ our class, but I’ve been happy with our classes often. We have the ingredients; we’ve had the ingredients, but we’ve been touting each class as the savior or the steak to put the ingredients on. I’m wait to see what we do w these boys, but I’m getting tired each season some poster comes on here bashing So Fla kids calling them undisciplined w/ low IQs, yet So Fla kids go everywhere else & absolutely flourish.

Show me. Nice class, but now show me. 12 yrs of the same optimism. Show me.
True..how do the 3rd and 4th year classes. That’s where all 3 ****ed up

Advertisement
Agreed. This year it’s understandable but you can’t have sustained success with that approach. Tampa / orlando and Jacksonville are talent rich areas and we are not players under manny. Georgia connection is also gone.
We had our best class in ages and folks are calling it unsustainable because it lacked kids from elsewhere? That’s crazy. Focus on what we got. The meta theories are interesting g explanations for failure. They’re not interesting explanations for why we’re supposed to change a plan that seems to be working.

Manny isn’t got to be So Fla only, in any case. Everyone was more local this cycle for obvious reason and the kids locally justified the focus. Garcia was a nice add. Arroyo was, too.

SoFla has the best overall talent and THIS CLASS, Miami has signed a top group locally!! NOW their are still some top guys that got away, but we can’t sign them all!! My question is, with the talent that left town what names do y’all see in the portal next season?? Those Michigan signees for sure

I get it good coaching I’d critical, but a good focused player don’t give a hoot just get me on that field and all will break loose but that’s just me .
It’s how I tolled , call the darn play and get me on that line of scrimmage That’s it WE GUNNA BANG ALL DAY .

I want these kids to have that FIRE , I need contact I WILL FEED

GOCANES

We really think Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Bosa boys, Elijah Moore, Pat Surtain, wouldn’t be the same players today if they had gone to Miami?

How about Miami hasn’t landed the cream of crop in South Florida for years. Other than above mentioned....

Sony Michel
Dalvin Cook
Tyson Campbell
Lamar Jackson
Tyrique Stevenson
Josh Jobe
C. J. Henderson
Frank Ladson
I don’t all the way agree with this. Those guys *should* Be studs no matter where they play if all things are equal but all things are not in the case of Miami.. from terrible schemes to terrible coaching.. who knows how they would have turned out. Not because of talent but because of situation. I believe with all my heart mark Pope at Alabama would be going dummy

Advertisement
Back