Just to give some perspective on how loaded this South Florida class is...

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
The class below would have a total score of 302.47 and rank 3rd in the country, right behind Bama and OSU. It may be awhile before we see a local class this stacked again.

What's the point? This was a great year to have success locally. You never get them all, but there is a lot of bold on this list. And with Leonard Taylor and James Williams, that includes arguably the two best players in the entire state:

QB- Santino Marucci
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels
WR- Jacorey Brooks
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley

OL- Marcus Tate
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp
DT- Savion Collins
LB- Terrence Lewis
LB- Jaydon Hood
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier
CB- Jason Marshall
K- Andres Borregales

Advertisement
Yeah yeah, we've heard this song & dance before. Then they come here & can't learn playbook, still built like twigs, low iq, or just plain old suck. Our best player from South Florida this year was Mike Harley. Sorry I'm in show me don't tell me mode from today forward. Been burnt enough over the last decade by 7 on 7 divas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it's a Christmas miracle we signed 2 of the top 3 players from the state.
Hurricanes Football Breakdown GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Yeah yeah, we've heard this song & dance before. Then they come here & can't learn playbook, still built like twigs, low iq, or just plain old suck. Our best player from South Florida this year was Mike Harley. Sorry I'm in show me don't tell me mode from today forward. Been burnt enough over the last decade by 7 on 7 divas.
☝🏾 What he said ..stopped believing that south fla hype after that NW class we signed didn’t do ****t ..Jacory was up n down the rest was on the back of a milk carton

Last edited:
Advertisement
Out of curiosity, where did Savion Collins end up? I just searched online and don't see anything.

Advertisement
So a head to head look at what we could have done vs what we did

QB- Santino Marucci -Jake Garcia clear upgrade
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels
WR- Jacorey Brooks
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley -Elijah Arroyo
elite talent
OL- Marcus Tate
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner -Thomas Davis plan B I suppose but staff loves him and produces on the field
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp
DT- Savion Collins -Allan Haye could easily replace Collins on the original list and should have TBH, rankings aside
LB- Terrence Lewis -Tyler Johnson comes from good stock, has an edge not an upgrade but could still be great
LB- Jaydon Hood -Deshawn Troutman good film and another angry LB so I dig it but odds are Hood ends up better
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier -Chase Smith will eat this gayturds lunch
CB- Jason Marshall -Malik Curtis no real comparison here but gotta love the speed and ball skills
K- Andres Borregales

In all fairness we haven’t signed a blow-your-mind, future day 1 prospect since maybe duke johnson, and even then that didn’t pan out how it was supposed to. We recruited a ton of em (Jerry Juedy, Sony Michel, Pat Surtain jr, Devonta Smith) but we haven’t landed any of them, This class feels different, it’s the first time we’ve landed two of the top players in the nation at their position and if I’m not mistaken the first time we’ve landed the two top players in Florida.

Facts
I already assume the ones not in bold will be first rounders lol.

Advertisement
Back