Just to give some perspective on how loaded this South Florida class is...

The class below would have a total score of 302.47 and rank 3rd in the country, right behind Bama and OSU. It may be awhile before we see a local class this stacked again.

What's the point? This was a great year to have success locally. You never get them all, but there is a lot of bold on this list. And with Leonard Taylor and James Williams, that includes arguably the two best players in the entire state:

QB- Santino Marucci
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels
WR- Jacorey Brooks
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley

OL- Marcus Tate
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp
DT- Savion Collins
LB- Terrence Lewis
LB- Jaydon Hood
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier
CB- Jason Marshall
K- Andres Borregales
Great post and great point. Truth is we didn't even want some of these kids like Marucci and Terrence Lewis. So we did pretty good landing the kids we wanted, especially on offense.

For those wondering about the kids that aren't coming to Miami:

QB- Santino Marucci - 3* WF
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels - 4* TA&M
WR- Jacorey Brooks - 5* BAMA
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley

OL- Marcus Tate - 4* CLEM
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner 5* BAMA
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton 4* FSU
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp 4* UF
DT- Savion Collins 4* TBD (UF lean, UM decommitment)
LB- Terrence Lewis 5* TBD
LB- Jaydon Hood 4* TBD (MICH verbal)
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier 4* UF
CB- Jason Marshall 5* UF
K- Andres Borregales

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Great post and great point. Truth is we didn't even want some of these kids like Marucci and Terrence Lewis. So we did pretty good landing the kids we wanted, especially on offense.

For those wondering about the kids that aren't coming to Miami:

QB- Santino Marucci - 3* WF
RB- Thad Franklin
RB- Amari Daniels - 4* TA&M
WR- Jacorey Brooks - 5* BAMA
WR- Romello Brinson
WR- Brashard Smith
WR- Jacolby George
TE- Kahlil Brantley

OL- Marcus Tate - 4* CLEM
OL- Laurence Seymore
OL- Michael McClaughlin
OL- Ryan Rodriguez

DE- Dallas Turner 5* BAMA
DE- Jabari Ishmael
DE- Pat Payton 4* FSU
DT- Leonard Taylor
DT- Tyreak Sapp 4* TBD (UF verbal)
DT- Savion Collins 4* TBD (UF lean, UM decommitment)
LB- Terrence Lewis 5* TBD
LB- Jaydon Hood 4* TBD (MICH verbal)
S- James WIlliams
S- Kamren Kinchens

S- Corey Collier 4* UF
CB- Jason Marshall 5* UF
K- Andres Borregales
Sapp signed today

Yeah yeah, we've heard this song & dance before. Then they come here & can't learn playbook, still built like twigs, low iq, or just plain old suck. Our best player from South Florida this year was Mike Harley. Sorry I'm in show me don't tell me mode from today forward. Been burnt enough over the last decade by 7 on 7 divas.
that list has not been that bold for a while

In all fairness we haven’t signed a blow-your-mind, future day 1 prospect since maybe duke johnson, and even then that didn’t pan out how it was supposed to. We recruited a ton of em (Jerry Juedy, Sony Michel, Pat Surtain jr, Devonta Smith) but we haven’t landed any of them, This class feels different, it’s the first time we’ve landed two of the top players in the nation at their position and if I’m not mistaken the first time we’ve landed the two top players in Florida.
We signed a first rounder in this year's draft from South Florida. Unfortunately, we only got one year out of him.

Advertisement
Yeah yeah, we've heard this song & dance before. Then they come here & can't learn playbook, still built like twigs, low iq, or just plain old suck. Our best player from South Florida this year was Mike Harley. Sorry I'm in show me don't tell me mode from today forward. Been burnt enough over the last decade by 7 on 7 divas.
a bunch of "SoFla" dawgssssss got the U thrown upside down on national TV at their home stadium and didn't do a ******* thing about it.

Frierson is basically the only kid who embodies what people think Miami players are, but then actually plays worth a **** on Saturdays.

We signed a first rounder in this year's draft from South Florida. Unfortunately, we only got one year out of him.

Dude, chill out. That does NOT jive with what we're doing here. Everyone sucks, we suck, the fans suck, Manny sucks, the jerseys suck, the concession prices suck, both Blake's suck, Sebastian sucks, we're never gonna be back, The Rat sucks, the new dorms suck, Jim Morris sucks, and A-Rod sucks. More posts like this and less where something can be construed as positive, please.

True, I was speaking more in the sense of players that showed all American first round talent during their recruitment, like JW and LT. Rousseau had a high ceiling but was looked at as a project. Maybe Lingard ironically, a lot of people were comparing him and Todd Gurley because of the scheme in HS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
another cool thing we were in it on a lot of that list, let’s hope the coaching is on point this year. We all know if it is this should be the norm!

@DMoney We're all down on Diaz and the program following last Saturday, but is it fair to say this is the best recruiting class in a long, long time? It seems there were way more hits than misses. How would you rate the class and Diaz as a recruiter right now?

Advertisement
Getting 2 Top 20 guys in 1 class is HUGE! It's been 13 years since we've done that.

This class may be a little top heavy - but if Taylor & Williams hit, they can make the players around them look much better.

Advertisement
T2, Tate, and Marshall are the only 3 players we missed that would have made this the top class add in Garcia. Definitely the right direction.

Dude, chill out. That does NOT jive with what we're doing here. Everyone sucks, we suck, the fans suck, Manny sucks, the jerseys suck, the concession prices suck, both Blake's suck, Sebastian sucks, we're never gonna be back, The Rat sucks, the new dorms suck, Jim Morris sucks, and A-Rod sucks. More posts like this and less where something can be construed as positive, please.
Blake Baker does suck though, even the over the top outrageous fans are right about that, there’s no argument to be made for him otherwise.

But the rest of your point I agree with.

Advertisement
Back