Just rewatched multiple Va Tech games and....

sid the kid

Recruit
I think we crush them on Saturday. This team is vulnerable in multiple areas that we have strengths.

Their defense is susceptible to QB runs/draws due to the aggressive nature of their front 7 and can definitely be beat by a vertical passing game. If we can give Malik decent protection look for JT4 and AR82 to have a field day in the 1st half. Once they get loose, BB and Herndon will punish them across the middle.

On Offense their QB and OL do not react well to pressure, and as much as everyone complains about them I saw multiple delayed blitzes get home because Jackson is too slow to recognize them. We do need to worry about the pre snap motion as they like to run Jet Sweeps with their wideouts near the goal line. They don't have much of a vertical passing game and while they will be able to move the ball between the 20's our D should be able to stiffen up in the red zone.

Our team speed combined with the crowd noise will be too much for the Hokies to overcome.

Canes roll 34 -17!

Advertisement
They almost always play their best against us and save their crap games for ECU or some team they should destroy. That said I think we get them Saturday. If this team can't get up for this game after getting put at 10 by the committee then we have no leadership.

somewhere, in a galaxy far far away, a vtech fan wrote the same post about the Canes on their board

Galaxy???!!! We're talking about Virginia Tech here. Those toothless fools are from a different universe or dimension. The Bizzarro Canes or something.

Advertisement
The OL and running game need to have the game of their lives. Their front 7 attacks just as much if not more than ours. Their LBs are average at best in pass coverage, so we gotta work the middle of the field. CH23 needs to get at least 5 catches. Their DBs were up at the LOS a vast majority of the time, so their will be chances for our WR to make big plays. Their safeties play pretty deep. #6 for them and #22 are all over the field

On Off they run a lot of misdirection, so our LBs better wake up. Our entire DL has a chance to win the game for us if they ball out.

This game is on the OL. Defense will take care of itself, one way or another, but another game like they had last year, and there's no chance.

I just hope we don't stunt our Dline in one of those jet sweeps or running play. We seem to do that quite often.

Advertisement
We haven't rolled anybody this season, and while this would be a dandy time to start, we're too limited in certain areas to really attack this team, especially running between the tackles. I think we win another nailbiter.

Advertisement
I think we crush them on Saturday. This team is vulnerable in multiple areas that we have strengths.

Their defense is susceptible to QB runs/draws due to the aggressive nature of their front 7 and can definitely be beat by a vertical passing game. If we can give Malik decent protection look for JT4 and AR82 to have a field day in the 1st half. Once they get loose, BB and Herndon will punish them across the middle.

On Offense their QB and OL do not react well to pressure, and as much as everyone complains about them I saw multiple delayed blitzes get home because Jackson is too slow to recognize them. We do need to worry about the pre snap motion as they like to run Jet Sweeps with their wideouts near the goal line. They don't have much of a vertical passing game and while they will be able to move the ball between the 20's our D should be able to stiffen up in the red zone.

Our team speed combined with the crowd noise will be too much for the Hokies to overcome.

Canes roll 34 -17!
This will be best team we play all year. This will be first game that odds makers have our opponent as favorites. Our last 4 games were nail bitters. My feelings are that this game will be similar to last 4. Final score will be a few point win for either us or our opponent. No blowout by either team.

The funny thing is that the talking heads that are being so quick to pick VagTech are seemingly doing so only based on how WE'RE playing and winning close games. I haven't heard one iota of evidence or analysis about Vag Tech as in-depth as just the stuff in this thread. It's all "Miami is eeeking out wins. I don't like it. Vag Tech will knock them off! Now back to the SEC...."

Advertisement
Crush would be nice, but I will take another ugly "we don't deserve it" win. In fact, I'll take one of them each week until we see Saban or Urban crying about how we got lucky and they deserve to be NC even though we won. Next year we can getting to crushing everyone, running up the scores, getting coaches fired and generally just turning the heat up on the HATE.

The funny thing is that the talking heads that are being so quick to pick VagTech are seemingly doing so only based on how WE'RE playing and winning close games. I haven't heard one iota of evidence or analysis about Vag Tech as in-depth as just the stuff in this thread. It's all "Miami is eeeking out wins. I don't like it. Vag Tech will knock them off! Now back to the SEC...."

I seem to recalled "eeeking out" our first NC and countless games against noles leaving them in tears. I love "eeeking out" wins. The thing I worry about is them starting to brag on us -- that has always been the worse thing that can happen to Canes. We need to eeek until we run up scores and get the hate. That middle crap where they respect us is death.

I don't disagree with the OP's premise about VT's offense. I like the match up there. The problem here, is that VT is known more for their defense. They have the best defense that we'll face this year, sans Notre Dame (a reasonable argument could be made here). Our offense is really inconsistent, while VT is a very disciplined defense. I'm not worried about our defense. I'm worried at how our offense executes on Saturday - that's the unit to focus on.

Advertisement
Back