Just read Barry Jackson blog article, alarm bells

Advertisement
I agree 4 losses in a row fuggin sucks.
It's more than "4 losses". It's 3 debacles, Pitt, Clemson and LSU and a brutal loss to Wis.
The Pitt, Clemson and LSU games were total humiliation, opponents laughing at this team. LSU punched us in the mouth pregame, during game and laughed afterwards.
I honestly believe todays fans take on the jelly softness of their heroes Coker, Shannon, Golden and now Richt. Nice guys all, but just f'ing soft. Like Sunday.

Barry Jackson can zip it. We all saw with our own eyes it was QB accuracy and punting that cost us the game. Richt is to blame for his shortcomings in continuing to allow obviously deficient players to control extremely important positions. Malik is who he is, and that's a well below average QB. Regardless of the "progress" Malik made in the offseason practices the fact remains the same, he is 0-4 in his last 4 starts with under 50% completion percentage with 7 INT's. He hasn't progressed in the games so time for someone else to get a shot.

You can add Manny Diaz to the list of things that cost us the game

Name one area of improvement on the team that you saw Sunday. After an entire offseason and beginning year 3. Just one.

Jeff Thomas looked better, Cager looked better, Garvin looked better, Dj Dallas looked better.

There wasn’t a ton there but those guys looked way better when given the opportunity to make and create plays.

Malik's football IQ is low, it's as big an issue as his inaccuracy...
That's been a fact. Who is responsible in year 3 for him playing?
Why does every other team in the country able to pull a random fan out of the stands and outplay our QBs. Grad transfer, 8 months with playbook better than everyone we have? Whose responsibility is that?

Advertisement
What Butch Davis the football God did has nothing to do with the situation we find ourselves in now.

Nice red herring though.

You right he doesn't, but you're just a hater or blind to think players don't share some of the blame. You can be prepared and have a bad game/or even a bad play as a player. Sucks when it happens to be a huge play though. Outcoached and unprepared would be WT for the panhandle school

Exactly. The player bashing and excuses from "fans" are pathetic.
Byw, notice how no one is disputing those coach/player quotes by Jackson? Just ad-hominem against him. Pathetic
Name the other players besides Malik who said they were unprepared. Show us the other quotes where kids were saying this against the other coaches. You already hate Malik, but you'll take his words for it?

It's more than "4 losses". It's 3 debacles, Pitt, Clemson and LSU and a brutal loss to Wis.
The Pitt, Clemson and LSU games were total humiliation, opponents laughing at this team. LSU punched us in the mouth pregame, during game and laughed afterwards.
I honestly believe todays fans take on the jelly softness of their heroes Coker, Shannon, Golden and now Richt. Nice guys all, but just f'ing soft. Like Sunday.

Funny that you are calling guys soft. But it’s you who is exhibiting extreme mental weakness. Allowing the recent events to make you cave and given up on the team and the staff in place. Forcing you into a knee jerk reaction in which the only solution is to fire everyone and start over with whatever imaginary dream staff you put together in your mind glued together by your fragile confidence and lack of faith.

Richt might not be the greatest coach but hes definately not in the Shannon , golden camp. He’s capable of leading us to 10 wins a year and only time will tell if there is more than that. If you’ve seen enough I get it. But the ink isn’t dry yet.

You right he doesn't, but you're just a hater or blind to think players don't share some of the blame. You can be prepared and have a bad game/or even a bad play as a player. Sucks when it happens to be a huge play though. Outcoached and unprepared would be WT for the panhandle school

I'll take the word of all the players that played for Butch Davis the football God over the word of....you.

They all love him and sing his praises.

The only people that hate Butch Davis the football God are :neonu: fans.

I wonder why that is?

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas looked better, Cager looked better, Garvin looked better, Dj Dallas looked better.
Those are individuals, not areas. Areas would be receiving, blocking, punting, tackling, play calling, schemes, etc

I'll take the word of all the players that played for Butch Davis the football God over the word of....you.

They all love him and sing his praises.

The only people that hate Butch Davis the football God are :neonu: fans.

I wonder why that is?
I'll give it to man, you're one funny and loyal dude to your Butch hahaha. That actually made me laugh pretty good

Advertisement
Richt has done an amazing job in the 2+ years he’s been our head coach. He deserves more time.

Of course he does..and he'll have my support all the way. But he's being paid a heck of a lot more than his predecessors and the results don't look terribly different, despite us getting some breaks last year and winning coastal. Getting breaks is certainly nothing to depend on.

Forcing you into a knee jerk reaction in which the only solution is to fire everyone and start over .
Dunning-Kruger has it's price, one being delusion, hallucinations and inability to quote claims since they were posterior derived. ;)

You can add Manny Diaz to the list of things that cost us the game

His defense was not perfect by any means. They gave up a gash play for 50 yards and LSU had an average starting position on the 43. He definitely deserves blame for not getting off the field but playing a team that only has to gain 20 or so yards to get in scoring range routinely is a tall order. I still think Richt, Malik, and ST can hold that L way more than the D or Manny.

Compounds it too which is very bad, but you have a great point here. I'd even say his "feel" for the game is low too.

Yeah, those two things are often intertwined, and it effects things like ball placement and anticipating throws, etc....

Advertisement
That's been a fact. Who is responsible in year 3 for him playing?
Why does every other team in the country able to pull a random fan out of the stands and outplay our QBs. Grad transfer, 8 months with playbook better than everyone we have? Whose responsibility is that?

Well, ummm, seee..... uhhhhh

We haven’t been prepared for four straight games. Really since the Norte Dame game on 11/11. Something has to change with the way we practice or prepare. Too much talent on the roster to let it go to waste.

If you really believe that not prepared shît then okay. I'm sure they were getting ready for that game all summer. There is a difference between not executing and not being prepared.

You play like you practice. If they didn't execute in game they didn't execute in practice. I am fairly sure that equals not being prepared.

When we lose we aren't prepared.

When we win we were and the opponent wasn't.

This debate is as important as nipple hair. Richt just need to win some games.

Advertisement
Back