Just read Barry Jackson blog article, alarm bells

We were obviously unprepared and outcoached in all 3 phases. Why do you guys need Rick to tell you what should be pretty obvious to you. Coaches are stubborn and don’t tell the media anything.

This quote parsing **** is dopey.
When Golden was here I used to think to myself all the time that he couldn’t win. He’d always say “it starts with me, I have to do better,” and he would get shredded.

Before him, it was Randy, who threw all his guys under the bus, and got shredded.

Fans are cvnts when we lose, and homers when we win. It just sucks that the players have to see it all in this digital age we live in.

Advertisement
Quibble means Richt is disputing the notion they weren't prepared. Then the line changes communication on Monday. Right.
Did I mention the first punt of year was almost blocked?
If this is Richt's version of prepared, I'd hate to see what unprepared looks like. I didn't see a single area of preparedness on Sunday, or it was pretty **** well disguised. I find his/coaches blaming the players appalling...but eerily familiar.
You don't understand. We played overly-conservative. We didn't want to show everything to Savannah State.

How were we lucky? this is stupid thinking. So we don’t get credit for losing close games and still don’t if we win close games? In 2016 we went 9-4 and had 3 losses by 7 points or less(7,3,1) respectively. A win is a win period because in the past Miami couple of years Miami didn’t win those close games they were in like in 2017 season

Close wins are fine as long as you understand the attachments. Your power rating does not rise appreciably. Much more often than not, the foundational statistics that point to powerhouse status are not going to be very impressive if you are basically even with the opponent but happen to win narrowly.

None of that seems to be understood here. If we defeat Georgia Tech based on their dropped third down pass followed on the next possession by our deflected fourth down miracle, then all of that was supposed to happen, we forget about that game completely, and it means we are birthrighted to blow out LSU and run the table.

Canes are headed in the correct direction. We opened against a program with more talent than we have at the moment. No crime or shame in that. As long as we continue to recruit like 2018 then in 2-3 years we'll rise into the top 8 in the link I posted earlier today and will post again here, the programs that have stockpiled elite talent year after year and therefore merely need to rely on normalcy and not high decibel simpleton Happy Adjustment:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-college-footballs-rosters-2018

His defense was not perfect by any means. They gave up a gash play for 50 yards and LSU had an average starting position on the 43. He definitely deserves blame for not getting off the field but playing a team that only has to gain 20 or so yards to get in scoring range routinely is a tall order. I still think Richt, Malik, and ST can hold that L way more than the D or Manny.

His decision to play Knowles for no explicable reason.
That alone get him on the list.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back