Just leaving this here

Kaaya is stuck with this poor OL , a suspect running game and okay receivers.

It can be argued ,all the other QBs had a better supporting cast but it is what it is and so more is expected of Kaaya to get this team over the hump and he has not been able to it.

Advertisement
what is more damning in the inability to get a 1st down. 19 last year 19 this year per game. that's 94th and 96th in the country. terrible.

Unfair to compare Kaaya with Dorsey, Dorsey had AJ, Moss, Mcgahee, Shockey, and most important an elite Oline. We have nothing to compare to that. If Kaaya had them it might be a little easier to get first downs and TDs lol

Dorsey is #4 on my all-time favorite Cane QB's.
I've seen all the Canes QB's starting with Kenny McMillan.
Kaaya is not in the top 5.

IMO, you can not compare Kaaya to a Dorsey and the guys he had around him. Forget the offense and some jersey kid protecting your back, those defenses gave up 14.1, 8.6 and 16.7 ppg.

Speaking of someone protecting your back, I don't recall Dorsey being all that mobile in the pocket.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya has been off all year but his WRs have a 20+ percent drop rate the last two games and the OL is an abomination. The offense, from the coaching to all of the players, has been bad. Plus, Yearby should be starting

added in the 1980s and 1990 legends.

View attachment 39631

I'd like to see that stat sheet vs ranked opponents.

Add in how many offensive and defensive draft picks they played with while you're at it... also show the ranking of the defense. We need context for this.

This is a team sport.

I am frustrated with Kaaya as well, but context matters. It matters who you're fing receivers are and whether they repeatedly drop the ball. It matters who you are handing the ball off to (McGahee, Portis, or Gore versus Yearby or Walton) and who is protecting you (future All-Pros or Alex Gall).

I have no idea how Kaaya would have done if he had been on the 2001 team, but let's not pretend that your supporting cast doesn't matter.

Too many emotional vaginas on this site.

I love Ken Dorsey. What would Ken Dorsey's stats and record have been if he played here from 2010-2012 or 2013-2015 or 2006-2008 or.....

Dorsey is smarter with the ball hands down. KD knows where to go with the ball.

Did you watch the BC game in our 2001 NC season?

We've seen more blind side sacks on Kaaya in the last 2 weeks than Dorsey had in his whole career.
I loved Dorsey, but it's a little easier to know where to go with the ball if you have a few extra seconds to think about it.

I love how the OP conveniently left both Derrick Crudup and Ryan Williams off the list so as to not embarrass the players he listed.

Advertisement
Last edited:
I love Ken Dorsey. What would Ken Dorsey's stats and record have been if he played here from 2010-2012 or 2013-2015 or 2006-2008 or.....

We've seen more blind side sacks on Kaaya in the last 2 weeks than Dorsey had in his whole career.
I loved Dorsey, but it's a little easier to know where to go with the ball if you have a few extra seconds to think about it.

Dorsey was a Cane great, but we saw how he dealt with a ferocious pass rush in Fiesta Bowl against Ohio Taint. He was shook as you can get. And that was one time facing that.

Advertisement
No one in their right mind would choose Kaaya over Dorsey (eff the numbers, give me wins and signature moments). My favorite qb to watch after dorsey was Stephen Morris. Kid was mobile and had an arm. I remember a game against USF i believe where he scrambled for a first down, got hit hard out of bounds, bounced right back up, got in the camera's face and said "what." Kid would ball out under Richt.

Dorsey was a Cane great, but we saw how he dealt with a ferocious pass rush in Fiesta Bowl against Ohio Taint. He was shook as you can get. And that was one time facing that.

Any great d line will do that to a qb. Giants did it to brady km the superbowl (twice), Seattle did it to manning in the superbowl, Denver did it to cam. You rush and put pressure on a qb and it will rattle them.

Any great d line will do that to a qb. Giants did it to brady km the superbowl (twice), Seattle did it to manning in the superbowl, Denver did it to cam. You rush and put pressure on a qb and it will rattle them.

So when a D rushes Kaaya and hits him and sacks him he is supposed to not be rattled?

Advertisement
Kaaya has been over hyped and will eventually be a backup QB at the next level.....you cant compare him to the other great QBs.....talent wise the WRs now wouldnt crack the 2 deep that the others had....the fact that the OC is trying to fit a round peg into a square hole ....you know your QB cant run so why the fvck are you designing your plays for that.

I don't care about stats when I know a kid lacks leadership, misses to many throws, has ZERO mobility and requires better protection than the President to make throws. Brad is to whimpy like to be a competitor that can galvanize the troops. He just goes to the sideline with that feminine posture like he window shopping at Sawgrass. No rah rah in the boy at all.

Go rewatch some of the games from 2000-2002. Dorsey threw a lot of ducks and jump balls that Dre Johnson and Winslow and others out-athleted guys for.

Advertisement
Back