Just leaving this here

I think if you took time and considered Brad's numbers before this season, he would look very good-like an NFL first round pick perhaps. But, his numbers this year rank him at 55th of D1 Qbs. His rating is in the mid-60s. So, yes Brad had 2 very good years and one that is very poor.

Advertisement
Brock Berlin beat FSU x3 and beat UF x2
He shts on every QB on OP list not named Ken Dorsey

Advertisement
Not to mention Dorsey was the best leader I've ever seen in college. He sat his team down like he was the god **** offensive coordinator

Stats don't tell the whole story in college football. When there is a huge talent disparity in half the games you play, of course a good QB is going to put up solid numbers. You gotta look at Brad's stats at more of a micro-level.

Stats don't define signature wins, game-winning drives, mental/physical toughness, and the will to win that guys like Ken Dorsey had.

Brock fvckin Berlin never let FSU beat him. Kaaya is 0-3 against them and in games in which twice he could've beaten them on the final drive. That is the kinda stuff that can't be measured on an excel spreadsheet.

Couldn't have said it any better.

No, my larger point is that Kaaya can go on and break all the passing records at UM but what substance do all those stats carry if he hasn't had a career-defining moment? For example, he posted 368 yards and 3 TDs against AppSt, monster numbers against sub-par competition.

Yes, Dorsey had the greatest team in CFB history but he beat a #1 ranked FSU, #2 ranked VaTech, and the #7 ranked Florida team all in the same year. Led the team to 34 consecutive wins and what should've been back-to-back national championships.

I want Brad to go out and do it against teams that matter...

So Dorsey had the best team ever, but that's not why he won all those games? I don't get how "greatest team ever" gets followed by "but".

added in the 1980s and 1990 legends.

View attachment 39631

I'd like to see that stat sheet vs ranked opponents.

Add in how many offensive and defensive draft picks they played with while you're at it... also show the ranking of the defense. We need context for this.

This is a team sport.

I am frustrated with Kaaya as well, but context matters. It matters who you're fing receivers are and whether they repeatedly drop the ball. It matters who you are handing the ball off to (McGahee, Portis, or Gore versus Yearby or Walton) and who is protecting you (future All-Pros or Alex Gall).

I have no idea how Kaaya would have done if he had been on the 2001 team, but let's not pretend that your supporting cast doesn't matter.

Too many emotional vaginas on this site.

So Shockey or Winslow would've caught the pass he threw 6 feet behind Njoku who was open for the touchdown?

The problems Kaaya has aren't represented with a stat sheet. I agree his line may not be the best either, but he plays scared. When pressure comes he doesn't naturally think to avoid the rush or escape the pocket and keep his eyes downfield to make a play. He folds up like a **** lawn chair.

If guys had dropped balls like they did this weekend when Dorsey was at the helm he would've been in their *** either on the field or on the sideline. Intensity is another thing that Kaaya lacks. Neither of these reflect on that stat sheet either.

I'm not necessarily defending Dorsey. He wasn't best QB we've had here and he'd probably tell you that, but he made up for what he lacked by being a leader on the field, he held guys responsible, and he didn't play scared.

I love Ken Dorsey. What would Ken Dorsey's stats and record have been if he played here from 2010-2012 or 2013-2015 or 2006-2008 or.....

Dorsey is smarter with the ball hands down. KD knows where to go with the ball.

Did you watch the BC game in our 2001 NC season?

We've seen more blind side sacks on Kaaya in the last 2 weeks than Dorsey had in his whole career.
I loved Dorsey, but it's a little easier to know where to go with the ball if you have a few extra seconds to think about it.

Dorsey was a Cane great, but we saw how he dealt with a ferocious pass rush in Fiesta Bowl against Ohio Taint. He was shook as you can get. And that was one time facing that.

I still like KD's ball skills over those other dudes.

Advertisement
I love Ken Dorsey. What would Ken Dorsey's stats and record have been if he played here from 2010-2012 or 2013-2015 or 2006-2008 or.....

I did....I also watched Kayak throw right into the teeth of the defense vs FSU. I watched snickers **** the bed repeatedly against (Insert team here). JaPicky vs UNC 2008 4 int's. Just be smart with the ball in the right times. Plus Dorsey was almost always motivating the guys on the sidelines...those other fellas not so much.

I did....I also watched Kayak throw right into the teeth of the defense vs FSU. I watched snickers **** the bed repeatedly against (Insert team here). JaPicky vs UNC 2008 4 int's. Just be smart with the ball in the right times. Plus Dorsey was almost always motivating the guys on the sidelines...those other fellas not so much.

Dorsey wouldn't of accomplished anything under the Shannon and golden era and our current offense we run would of got him killed

Advertisement
Swap out Kaaya's OL for Dorsey's. OR swap out his WRs. OR his TEs. OR his RBs. Anyone of those groups would improve Kaaya's numbers significantly.

He doesn't have the on field presence of Dorsey. You can give Kayak the Dallas Cowboys entire offensive team.

Swap out Kaaya's OL for Dorsey's. OR swap out his WRs. OR his TEs. OR his RBs. Anyone of those groups would improve Kaaya's numbers significantly.

GTFOH....according to porsters....coley is a 1st round pick and walton is the second coming of frank gore

Advertisement

Disagree here. Kaaya is missing more than just more talent around him. I mean guys like Jacory and Morris managed to win close games at times but Kaaya has never done it and those 2 played with talent equal to what Kaaya has and you could argue that they played with less talent around them. Kaaya has all the physical tools to be a great QB but he just doesn't have that "IT" factor.

Kaaya compared to this?

CAREER: The latest in a long line of outstanding University of Miami quarterbacks...has distinguished himself from his predecessors at UM by breaking several career school records and setting a new standard of winning for a Miami QB...an excellent student who is a three-time BIG EAST All-Academic Team member (2000, 2001, 2002)...the 2002 BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year who shared the award with teammate Willis McGahee...holds BIG EAST career records for touchdown passes, passing yards, pass completions and pass attempts...prominently mentioned in the Miami record books for career completion percentage (4th at 57.9%), touchdown passes thrown (1st with 86), passing yards (1st with 9,565) and total offense (1st with 9,165 yards)...compiled a remarkable touchdowns-to-interceptions ratio of 86 TDs/28 INTs in his career...owns four of the highest single-season completion percentage totals in UM history, having completed 57.9 percent in 2001, 58.4 percent in 2000 (11th in UM history) and 61.7 percent in 1999 (3rd) and 56.5 percent in 2002...has compiled an astounding 38-2 record as a starting quarterback at Miami, the best winning percentage in UM history...is the winningest quarterback in Miami history with 38 victories, a total that also ranks among the best in the history of college football...holds school career records for career touchdown passes, passing yards, pass attempts, pass completions, victories...has been named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week seven times during his career (three times in 2002), the most ever by a Miami Hurricane...particularly effective in clutch situations, completing 205 of 333 (61.6%) attempts for 2,531 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions on third down passes during his career and 91 of 158 (57.6%) attempts for 1,359 yards, 11 touchdowns, and only 1 interception in fourth quarters of games during his Miami career.

This right here, we have QBs with bigger arms and more overall talent but KD had every intangible you want in a QB. If Kaaya had his mind he'd be Tom Brady.

Kaaya compared to this?

CAREER: The latest in a long line of outstanding University of Miami quarterbacks...has distinguished himself from his predecessors at UM by breaking several career school records and setting a new standard of winning for a Miami QB...an excellent student who is a three-time BIG EAST All-Academic Team member (2000, 2001, 2002)...the 2002 BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year who shared the award with teammate Willis McGahee...holds BIG EAST career records for touchdown passes, passing yards, pass completions and pass attempts...prominently mentioned in the Miami record books for career completion percentage (4th at 57.9%), touchdown passes thrown (1st with 86), passing yards (1st with 9,565) and total offense (1st with 9,165 yards)...compiled a remarkable touchdowns-to-interceptions ratio of 86 TDs/28 INTs in his career...owns four of the highest single-season completion percentage totals in UM history, having completed 57.9 percent in 2001, 58.4 percent in 2000 (11th in UM history) and 61.7 percent in 1999 (3rd) and 56.5 percent in 2002...has compiled an astounding 38-2 record as a starting quarterback at Miami, the best winning percentage in UM history...is the winningest quarterback in Miami history with 38 victories, a total that also ranks among the best in the history of college football...holds school career records for career touchdown passes, passing yards, pass attempts, pass completions, victories...has been named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week seven times during his career (three times in 2002), the most ever by a Miami Hurricane...particularly effective in clutch situations, completing 205 of 333 (61.6%) attempts for 2,531 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions on third down passes during his career and 91 of 158 (57.6%) attempts for 1,359 yards, 11 touchdowns, and only 1 interception in fourth quarters of games during his Miami career.

Drop the mic, walk away and anyone else trying to compare Kaaya to Dorsey needs to have their heads examined.

Advertisement
Back