Just leaving this here

Advertisement
Kaaya should be better than he was the last 2 years. And he was pretty **** good the last 2 years. Suddenly, he's the scourge of UM football and reviled by UM fans. Reminds me of what happened to Rex Grossman when Zook replaced Spurrier.

I think Rick is asking him to do too much, and he's getting bogged down in thought and analysis. You can't take a guy who is already fairly slow in his reactions and force him to make too many pre and post-snap decisions. Clearly, the RPO stuff doesn't call for him to run the ball, but it calls for him to ride the RB and do things he's never done. It also calls for him to move more than he's comfortable moving.

Call a play with a simple audible if the numbers are unfavorable, put that motherfcker in the gun, let him catch the snap, rock on that back foot, and get the ball out. Use the middle of the field. Use the RBs in the pass game more. Just get the ball out and don't bog him down in thought.

This right here. Kayaa isn't suddenly a crap QB, he's just out of whack. Something needs to be simplified or he needs a sports psychologist or some ****. And thanks for pointing out that THE RPO DOESNT CALL FOR KAYAA TO RUN...HIS LACK OF SPEED ISN'T DOING ANYTHING TO THE RPO.

Kaaya should be better than he was the last 2 years. And he was pretty **** good the last 2 years. Suddenly, he's the scourge of UM football and reviled by UM fans. Reminds me of what happened to Rex Grossman when Zook replaced Spurrier.

I think Rick is asking him to do too much, and he's getting bogged down in thought and analysis. You can't take a guy who is already fairly slow in his reactions and force him to make too many pre and post-snap decisions. Clearly, the RPO stuff doesn't call for him to run the ball, but it calls for him to ride the RB and do things he's never done. It also calls for him to move more than he's comfortable moving.

Call a play with a simple audible if the numbers are unfavorable, put that motherfcker in the gun, let him catch the snap, rock on that back foot, and get the ball out. Use the middle of the field. Use the RBs in the pass game more. Just get the ball out and don't bog him down in thought.

Couldn't agree more. Simplify things for him. Kaaya is not used to making these reads. Test that RPO stuff only sparingly and when we have big leads. Ease into it. Let him do what he's proven he is good at.

We are asking our coach to simplify things for a 3rd year starter that has NFL aspirations. Are you kidding me? Not saying Richt hasn't been dog **** the last few games but Kaaya 100% has to be better. I'm not blaming Richt Right for Kaaya ****ting his pants every 3rd down (which he also did against FAU btw) and missing wide open receivers by a mile. That's all Kaaya.

I'm not talking about simplifying from a playbook standpoint or route standpoint. I'm talking about not bogging him down with all that pre and post-snap decision making and not asking him to run a system that he's never run that requires too much movement from him.

You're taking a painfully slow guy who doesn't appear to make decisions all that quickly and asking him to ride the RB and make a split second decision to give him the ball or pull it out and then try to set his feet to make a throw. It's too much, and it's not working.

Put him in the gun and let him do what he's shown he can do. Get in a rhythm and play some pitch and catch.

Christ, you guys act like you need some all star QB in college to field a remotely competent offense. Teams manage to have solid offenses every year even when their QB isn't all that.

Kaaya is a rhythm passer who needs opportunities to make a lot of plays with the field spread. That's what he and this offense do well. Instead, we have him playing offense in a box doing this RPO crap that he clearly is not comfortable with. It's no surprise to me that we are missing open passes and ******* up deep balls, because Kaaya can't get in a rhythm and we don't give our offense that many opportunities to make plays to begin with, so every **** up is magnified.

We could be putting The offense in a much better position to make plays. Bottom line and that's indisputable. We could be doing what Kaaya has been comfortabl doing for the past two years. That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of room for the players to pick it up but we're doing something that clearly isn't working, even against horrid defenses.

Advertisement

Couldn't agree more. Simplify things for him. Kaaya is not used to making these reads. Test that RPO stuff only sparingly and when we have big leads. Ease into it. Let him do what he's proven he is good at.

We are asking our coach to simplify things for a 3rd year starter that has NFL aspirations. Are you kidding me? Not saying Richt hasn't been dog **** the last few games but Kaaya 100% has to be better. I'm not blaming Richt Right for Kaaya ****ting his pants every 3rd down (which he also did against FAU btw) and missing wide open receivers by a mile. That's all Kaaya.

I'm not talking about simplifying from a playbook standpoint or route standpoint. I'm talking about not bogging him down with all that pre and post-snap decision making and not asking him to run a system that he's never run that requires too much movement from him.

You're taking a painfully slow guy who doesn't appear to make decisions all that quickly and asking him to ride the RB and make a split second decision to give him the ball or pull it out and then try to set his feet to make a throw. It's too much, and it's not working.

Put him in the gun and let him do what he's shown he can do. Get in a rhythm and play some pitch and catch.

How much discretion does kaaya have? If richt is letting him make reads at the line before the play then I think it's reasonable to put more blame on kaaya. He's a third year player who has seen a lot of defenses. By now he should be able to see the matchups and put us in a favorable play. He's missing a lot of reads. It made sense to simplify the defensive scheme but I don't think it does for the offense. Play calling has been too restrictive

Christ, you guys act like you need some all star QB in college to field a remotely competent offense. Teams manage to have solid offenses every year even when their QB isn't all that.

Kaaya is a rhythm passer who needs opportunities to make a lot of plays with the field spread. That's what he and this offense do well. Instead, we have him playing offense in a box doing this RPO crap that he clearly is not comfortable with. It's no surprise to me that we are missing open passes and ****ing up deep balls, because Kaaya can't get in a rhythm and we don't give our offense that many opportunities to make plays to begin with, so every **** up is magnified.

We could be putting The offense in a much better position to make plays. Bottom line and that's indisputable. We could be doing what Kaaya has been comfortabl doing for the past two years. That doesn't mean there isn't plenty of room for the players to pick it up but we're doing something that clearly isn't working, even against horrid defenses.

didn't know it took tom brady to read a DE and decide whether to hand it off or throw it

just proves what the games so far have proven themselves.. kayaa isn't on this level

How much discretion does kaaya have? If richt is letting him make reads at the line before the play then I think it's reasonable to put more blame on kaaya. He's a third year player who has seen a lot of defenses. By now he should be able to see the matchups and put us in a favorable play. He's missing a lot of reads. It made sense to simplify the defensive scheme but I don't think it does for the offense. Play calling has been too restrictive

Bottom line: Rick is the HC and OC. Kaaya is a college kid. It's up to the guy making $4M to dial up good plays and not leave it up to a college kid.

Now that there's 3 desultory samples against the 3 P5 teams we have played it's clear the offense isn't working. It's up to the guy making $4M to fix things and find things that the college kid is comfortable doing to get him rolling.

Kaaya is a rhythm passer who needs opportunities to make a lot of plays with the field spread. That's what he and this offense do well. Instead, we have him playing offense in a box doing this RPO crap that he clearly is not comfortable with. It's no surprise to me that we are missing open passes and ****ing up deep balls, because Kaaya can't get in a rhythm and we don't give our offense that many opportunities to make plays to begin with, so every **** up is magnified.

didn't know it took tom brady to read a DE and decide whether to hand it off or throw it

just proves what the games so far have proven themselves.. kayaa isn't on this level
So your dunderheaded solution is to continue forcing Kaaya to do what you want him to do instead of switching it up because you think he should be able to do it even though he's showing you he can't and the entire offense is a toilet as a result?

Advertisement

So your dunderheaded solution is to continue forcing Kaaya to do what you want him to do instead of switching it up because you think he should be able to do it even though he's showing you he can't and the entire offense is a toilet as a result?

one would suppose that a supposed elite QB could get it the *** together 6 games in at a junior level

have we forgotten something though? kayaa has had the keys to this offense, he makes the reads, he has full ***ing ability to get us out of a play that sucks

where the *** is it?

if this guy can't do something as simple as read a DE, NO I don't get him to do something else I pull his terrible god forsaken @ss off the football field and see what else I have.

you want him to put him in the gun when he hasn't even proven he can read a **** defense in the first place. This guy stares down his receiver, not RECEIVERS, and if he isn't open he throws the **** ball anyway

and you wanna just air it out huh?

lawl

LOL. Typical CIS 'tard

Kaaya is fine and Richt is fine. We hired a 9-4 coach and we're getting 9-4 results.

Kaaya probably had a concussion against FSU on top of the normal wear and tear of having a terrible O line.

And Richt is on par for his career. Just beat VT. The D is savage. Yearby is capable. We're still good enough to win 10 games.

LOL. Typical CIS 'tard

I don't know why they banned you, Perps, but I hope they don't do it again. We need a few more thinking men on here to balance out the booger eating drool cup toters on here.

Advertisement

LOL. Typical CIS 'tard

I don't know why they banned you, Perps, but I hope they don't do it again. We need a few more thinking men on here to balance out the booger eating drool cup toters on here.

nice reply

let's let this moron of a qb just toss it all over the field, what could possibly go wrong

Every QB in America is making pre snap reads. Im not of fan if this RPO **** with Kaaya but whatever we run will involve him making pre snap reads. It comes with the territory. Richt 100% has to be better but I'm not about to let Kaaya off the hook either. He looks like the same player he was when he got here. His footwork and pocket presence is atrocious. And that was true last year when he got to sit back in shotgun and just air it out.

So if we are going just off stats then I guess Duke Johnson was a better running back here than Edge, Willis, Portis, etc?

Do you people have a set of eyeballs?

Advertisement
What's more impressive - a 147.4 rating with the best collection of college football talent ever assembled, or a 145.1 rating with the stellar team that we've fielded for the past 3 years?

Last edited:
I actually think running the offense from the shot gun is a good idea. Get rid of that RPO bull**** and just let Kaaya throw the ball.

LOL. Typical CIS 'tard

I forgot my password to my old name (weownfsu) which needed to be retired anyway. Then I got banned for saying that Standish Doughbard batted the ball down.

Hope I can stick around.

Advertisement
Back