Just leaving this here

Dorsey had a great OL, RBs etc to lean on and he was not perfect by any means but you guys are forgetting something. Dorsey processed information very quickly and got the ball out quickly for the most part. [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION], you mention the BC game in 2001 and the 2003 Fiesta Bowl vs *. During the latter he did face a suffocating pass rush and that coaching staff was very slow adjusting to what * was doing defensively but I give Dorsey credit for hanging in there and leading us to a second consecutive national title. That title was then promptly stolen from us by a degenerate piece of humanoid garbage named Terry Porter.

A much better example of Dorsey being rattled by pressure is the game @ UW in 2000 while Dorsey was a sophomore. If my memory serves me correctly you [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION]) stated that Dorsey had choked harder than a chihuahua fellating a donkey.

Dorsey gets a ton of chit from people because he had a great supporting cast but he was a tough, smart kid who was a leader and a winner. Two qualities Brad Kaaya seems to lack.

Not hard to lead when you have future NFL hall of famers at multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

I would argue it's more difficult to lead when you have that many alphas on the team.

Wow, that's impressive logic. I bet Dorsey is sitting around daydreaming about what he could have done if he'd just had this team instead of that headstrong bunch he was shackled with.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] Can I ask you a serious question. Why can't Richt simplify his offense and gear it towards Kaaya strengths the same way Coley did? We are 6 games in and he knows our Oline sucks and Kaaya is not comfortable in his system. Put Kaaya in the shotgun and go to a 3 and 4 Wr set and just let him throw the ball.
I have been very critical of richts playcalling too. I'm with you..

dorsey vs fsu:

record: 3-0
comp/att: 61-114
pass yds: 939
comp %: 53.5
td's: 7
int's: 2

kaaya vs fsu:

record: 0-3
comp/att: 64-115
pass yds: 935
comp %: 55.6

kind of scary how similar the stats are. biggest difference?

dorsey yrs vs fsu:

miami rush totals: 377 yds, 5 td's
defensive forced turnovers: 12

kaaya yrs vs fsu:

miami rush totals: 277 yds, 1 td
defensive forced turnovers: 4

That defense made all of the difference. And the running backs/oline as well

dorsey vs fsu:

kaaya vs fsu:

dorsey yrs vs fsu:

kaaya yrs vs fsu:

Like a previous poster said offensive numbers are much higher in today's game. It's that simple when comparing the numbers.

Brad Kaaya's a good quarterback.

At Miami, the standard is that you're judged by your performances in big games - and especially in big moments. He's struggled there, and so fans are hypercritical of him. That's part of the deal when you sign up to play for Miami, fair or not. There's time to change the perception, but it needs to happen fast.

Advertisement
He can't run so he's useless as a QB. He peaked out as a freshmans.

he cant run or he refuses to run? 3 to 4 yards even your a 10 second 40 if he just pulls the ball. Those DE just crash every play because he doesn't make them play honest. If he pulled the ball I believe it would open the pass too. They would have to respect it even if he gains 3 yards. This is why is say Rosier is a better fit in Richt system. If he was starting we would be undefeated because he would open the run up.

He can't run bro....he almost had an ACL against App St. when the dude intercepted the ball and he tried to tackle him...he's NOT a fluid runner.

Are you retards really comparing Kaaya to Dorsey? LOL

I don't think Kaaya is bad. I actually think he's pretty talented. But I think he's been hurt since first play vs FSU. He needs to rest up for ND.

Rosier will finish the VT game. The only question is whether he plays the entire game and Kaaya heals his arm or whether Kaaya is trotted out there to average 3.8 yards per pass, miss everyone down field, and have a season ending injury before halftime.

Calls guys retards for showing that Kaaya's numbers compare favorably to Dorsey's then proceeds to conjure up a Ms. Cleo'esque voodoo script with intricate details about Kaaya's future health. Bravo, sir!

Conclusion drawn:

Brad kayaa can't win ****, and is nothing more than the best of the recent stat compiler QB's to come through here.

He will leave with no division titles, no conference titles, no wins vs. ranked teams, no wins vs our in state rival, and no bowl wins.
He still has next year.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
dorsey vs fsu:

kaaya vs fsu:

dorsey yrs vs fsu:

kaaya yrs vs fsu:

Like a previous poster said offensive numbers are much higher in today's game. It's that simple when comparing the numbers.

UM's offensive numbers aren't higher today. They were higher back then.

dorsey vs fsu:

kaaya vs fsu:

dorsey yrs vs fsu:

kaaya yrs vs fsu:

I'm probably wrong, but I think he meant that numbers across college football are higher, so numbers from 15 years ago aren't very good anymore.

Kaaya doesn't win that 00' game vs FSU.

Dorsey made more brass ball throws on that game winning drive, than Kaaya has made in His whole career.

Dorsey > Kaaya and it's not even close.

Advertisement
He can't run bro....he almost had an ACL against App St. when the dude intercepted the ball and he tried to tackle him...he's NOT a fluid runner.

than that qb read is wasting time than. Take it out adapt

For the 43rd time, the R in RPO involves handing to a RB who will do the actual R-ing. There is no play where Kayaa has an option to run. None. Other teams use the QB run as an option, we do not.

than that qb read is wasting time than. Take it out adapt

For the 43rd time, the R in RPO involves handing to a RB who will do the actual R-ing. There is no play where Kayaa has an option to run. None. Other teams use the QB run as an option, we do not.

so what your saying its a waste of time In the backfield

Brad Kaaya's a good quarterback.

At Miami, the standard is that you're judged by your performances in big games - and especially in big moments. He's struggled there, and so fans are hypercritical of him. That's part of the deal when you sign up to play for Miami, fair or not. There's time to change the perception, but it needs to happen fast.

Agree with this. I think many of us have put very high expectations on Kaaya because of how well he played from the beginning, his combination of mental and physical abilities that had him considered a first round draft pick by some NFL scouts and executives, and the hope that we'd found the next great Miami quarterback.

After Torretta graduated, we went through somewhat of a drought at QB, which was not normal for the school that had become "Quarterback U." When Dorsey came along, we finally had the next great Miami QB. But, even then, I remember that while many people were nervous about losing a guy who should have been 39-1 as a starter with 2 championships, there were many who thought we may be even better with a more highly touted, more physically talented QB in Brock. Obviously, Berlin was not Dorsey, but looking back, even though Berlin improved in his 2nd season, many fans were happy to see him leave because we had KW2M, and he was the perfect combination of physical and mental ability....until he clearly was not. But, no problem, we had another highly touted QB from Texas....until he melted down. But we knew that we were going to be fine without Kirnobyl or KW because we had Robert Marve, and he was a winner, broke all Tebow's Florida state records, and he was going to be the man....until he flopped. But, again, no problem, because we had Miami's own Jacory Harris, a champion QB from a champion program, and he was going to come in with his 3 favorite high school WRs and he was going to be the man....until he couldn't stop throwing INTs in crucial times. No worries though, because we had the strong-armed Stephen Morris, and with his physical abilities, under Jedd Fisch, we were going to do big things...Which brings us to Brad Kaaya.

There is no doubt that Kaaya has been disappointing this year. I'm truly shocked at how uncomfortable he has looked, as I thought that with Richt's coaching, which has helped so many QBs improve, that we would see an even better QB. I don't think there's any doubt that we need him to play much better if we are going to make anything out of the rest of the season. I don't think it's unfair to expect him to play better, or criticize him for not making some of the plays he's missed. No doubt that the playcalling has not helped, and his OL has left him uncomfortable, and his receivers have dropped too many passes. But, that doesn't excuse some of the throws he's made this season. Still, with that being said, I think that we all probably need to put aside the playing like a 1st rounder expectations and the next great Miami QB expectations for him at this point, and instead just expect him to make the plays and throws that we've seen him make in his first 2 years here, because if he does that, our offense should be good enough to win our remaining games.

Advertisement
Didn't Berlin have like 4 Tds and 15 interceptions his first year?

His second year was like a new player once Coker kept him in shotgun.

That's the point. Offense across college football is up compared to 15 years ago. But we're defending Kayaa and Coley by establishing that UM's offensive numbers were higher 15 years ago than they are now. That's pretty much the definition of bad offense.

Advertisement
Back