Just leaving this here

Advertisement
He can't run bro....he almost had an ACL against App St. when the dude intercepted the ball and he tried to tackle him...he's NOT a fluid runner.

than that qb read is wasting time than. Take it out adapt

For the 43rd time, the R in RPO involves handing to a RB who will do the actual R-ing. There is no play where Kayaa has an option to run. None. Other teams use the QB run as an option, we do not.

And for the 44th time we were not referencing him running with the ball....reading comprehension skills please.

I'll draw a conclusion -- it all starts upfront. No knock on Dorsey but he played behind one of the best OL's we've ever seen. The few games where he got knocked around (e.g., the Fiasco Bowl) he looked like a completely different QB.

Advertisement
He can't run bro....he almost had an ACL against App St. when the dude intercepted the ball and he tried to tackle him...he's NOT a fluid runner.

For the 43rd time, the R in RPO involves handing to a RB who will do the actual R-ing. There is no play where Kayaa has an option to run. None. Other teams use the QB run as an option, we do not.

so what your saying its a waste of time In the backfield

I'm saying the a QB doesn't need to be a running threat, his RB does. Why is this so hard? The choice is does the QB throw or hand off. Maybe other teams have throw/RB run/QB run, but we don't. Just the two things. QB doesn't need to do any running. RB runs, QB throws. Choose one.

And for the 44th time we were not referencing him running with the ball....reading comprehension skills please.

Yes you are, you just don't know it. There is no option where Kayaa is asked to run so what does his running ability have to do with the read? Please define what you mean by "read" and what it has to do with him running. Why does his inability to run mean the read comes out?

Advertisement

Yes you are, you just don't know it. There is no option where Kayaa is asked to run so what does his running ability have to do with the read? Please define what you mean by "read" and what it has to do with him running. Why does his inability to run mean the read comes out?

I'm not ballhawku...but if you look at that int he threw against application state and even the many he threw against L'ville you will see a guy who looks like his legs are on the wrong side. The scouts are right.

Because if you watch Kaaya on SOME of his gives to the RB, he sprints opposite of the give. This is exactly what he's taught to do, and he does so because he supposed to be drawing attention from the back.

But because Kaaya RARELY, if EVER, keeps the ball. His running doesn't do anything for the play.

If he were a better runner, his movement might freeze a defender to help a block or reduce and angle on our backs. But his lack of mobility prevents that from happening.

That's why people keep harping on his athletic ability.

If we lined him up in the gun and threw it 45 times a game, his lack of mobility probably wouldn't be as big of an issue. But in our current offense, we haven't seen Brad run or run very many bootlegs. And, in general, it doesn't appear our offense hasn't challenged the outside much beyond the bubbles we throw.

Advertisement

Because if you watch Kaaya on SOME of his gives to the RB, he sprints opposite of the give. This is exactly what he's taught to do, and he does so because he supposed to be drawing attention from the back.

But because Kaaya RARELY, if EVER, keeps the ball. His running doesn't do anything for the play.

If he were a better runner, his movement might freeze a defender to help a block or reduce and angle on our backs. But his lack of mobility prevents that from happening.

If we lined him up in the gun and threw it 45 times a game, his lack of mobility probably wouldn't be as big of an issue. But in our current offense, we haven't seen Brad run or run very many bootlegs. And, in general, it doesn't appear our offense hasn't challenged the outside much beyond the bubbles we throw.

Ok, the fake is silly but doesn't the play hinge on him making the correct read pre-snap? While the RPO production seems spotty, at worst the fake has no effect, so I still don't see why it needs to go.

I'm assuming that we don't throw 45 times a game because Richt doesn't think it will work...maybe he doesn't trust Kayaa that much or maybe he doesn't believe you can win without a balanced attack. For me, I don't give a rats *** how we do it. Win. If you have to run every down, or throw every down, whatever.

Ok, the fake is silly but doesn't the play hinge on him making the correct read pre-snap? While the RPO production seems spotty, at worst the fake has no effect, so I still don't see why it needs to go.

I'm assuming that we don't throw 45 times a game because Richt doesn't think it will work...maybe he doesn't trust Kayaa that much or maybe he doesn't believe you can win without a balanced attack. For me, I don't give a rats *** how we do it. Win. If you have to run every down, or throw every down, whatever.

I think the last paragraph especially the last sentence really captures the essence of my dissatisfaction with Richt thus far. It seems as though Richt thinks you have to be balanced and have to establish the running game first in every game. It appears as though we are trying to be balanced for the sake of being balanced. He's the Anti-Belichick in that regard.

Last edited:

I think the last paragraph especially the last sentence really captures the essence of my dissatisfaction with Richt thus far. It seems as though Richt thinks you have to be balanced and have to establish the running game first in every game. It appears as though we are trying to be balanced for the sake of being balanced. He's the Anti-Belichick in that regard.

I think balance should be the goal as it makes you harder to defend. That said, the more immediate goal is winning some football games and if that means we get one dimensional, then I'm all for it. At this point I'm still assuming that there's a reason for what Richt is doing, I really hope I'm right about that.

Advertisement

You are correct. The fake is silly but it's also irrelevant because there is no option for Kaaya to run. The two options are run up the middle or throw to the WR. What has happened in the last two games is the opposing defense is taking away the pass and is content to let us run HB dives for no gain.

Brad Kaaya's a good quarterback.

At Miami, the standard is that you're judged by your performances in big games - and especially in big moments. He's struggled there, and so fans are hypercritical of him. That's part of the deal when you sign up to play for Miami, fair or not. There's time to change the perception, but it needs to happen fast.

based on what he's a good QB?

he stares down his first target and then throws the ball anyway

there's a REASON richt is LIVID with him

Dorsey played behind the best O-line in the nation...handed the ball to future Pro Bowl Running Backs...and threw the ball to two future Pro Bowl TE's and the best WR in the country.

Let's compare him to Kaaya, who has played on some of the worst Cane's teams we've ever seen in the modern day.

Yall must not remember Dorsey almost single handily losing the Boston College game. (something Kaaya hasn't done yet)
Or the dog **** performance he put up against Ohio State in the National Championship.

Yall too **** hard on this kid, man. All this talk about "he never won this, he never won that". Football is a TEAM game. Jacory beat FSU. Yall rather have him? Berlin beat UF. Yall rather have him? **** no.

He throws for over 400 yards against FSU last year and somehow it's his fault that we still lost?
This season, he's got WR's dropping balls all over the place, he still leaded us to the game-tying TD only for the XP to be blocked and that loss is somehow his fault?

Yall funny mane.

So Kaaya > Dorsey because Dorsey had more talent around him LOL

You name 2 bad games by Dorsey out of 40 he started in his career vs. Kaaya whose never beaten a team with a pulse. Oh and if Kaaya doesnt throw that awful INT against FSU in the 3rd, the game wouldnt have come down to a blocked XP. The guy is loser.

I'm sorry...uh...

Where did I say Kaaya was better?

Advertisement
Back