Just came back from Spring Game...Ummmm

Last year, after scrimmage, people complained about our offense, too. Saying it was vanilla... Every year, same thing.

My worry would be the defense letting the offense run the show. We will be better with the influx of WR´s(plus, Duke) in the near future...

People need to relax.

I'm going to be honest... This doesnt compare to last years... Last year we had better wideouts, a running back, and yes better qbs... Crow and Dewey will be better by 2014... Williams isnt what many people were trying to make him out to be... He's a back up... And for the people who complained about Jacory, there is no possible way you can feel good about his performance... Maybe this is why Streeter opted to go pro... Rumors of Morris being hurt have been out since February...

Advertisement
Last year, after scrimmage, people complained about our offense, too. Saying it was vanilla... Every year, same thing.

My worry would be the defense letting the offense run the show. We will be better with the influx of WR´s(plus, Duke) in the near future...

People need to relax.

which is why people are retarded

first off......this time of the year defenses are always ahead of offenses

secondly........we havent had morris or hurns all spring

we also had guys drop 2 sure TDs........if they hold onto those......me thinks he doesnt even start this thread

typical spring stupidity from one of the members who sadly is part of the "fan base"
Yep, same thread every year after scrimmage...

I loved the way our corners were playing. I´m really surprised by the way Hope is playing... very physical and near the receiver all the time. I´m impressed...
i said it awhile ago......i like gunter and think this kid is gonna be a player
I expected this from Gunter with his experience, but Hope´s play?!? You´re right, he´s gonna be a player!

Plus, kid has some size for a freshman corner. I don´t know if it was the quality of the stream, but he looked like a safety out there.

Talking about safety, it was good to see #22 making plays after the F. State fiasco last season. Golden was praising him in several interviews saying he is new player this year, and yesterday he was hitting and also saved a TD from Dorset. We will need help there... hope he keeps improving.

Haha Rogers had a good game against FSU... He just made 1 mistake(a costly one)... He isnt a bad player... He would have gotten more burn in 2010 if he didnt get injured I believe... The kid can play...

Were not winning 5 games.... unless these freshmans earn some major PT. This is the least talented team Ive seen in a while

Qbs suck- Ryan Williams is who I thought he was..I give the freshmen a pass
Rbs suck - James and Clements or average guys
Wrs suck (besides Rashawn Scott) Lets hope Malcolm Lewis is ready to play day 1 unfortunately I dont think it is. Pray for injury free years from Hurns, Dorsett
Oline suck - we got no push

We have no depth anywhere

Only position that played well was the LB's Cornelius showed me something Perrryman is a beast

Scott is very average. Should never start for Miami. And the corners aren't anything special yet they still made our receivers look like ****.

4-8 is my prediction. Maybe 5-7 or 6-6 with miracle bounces.

1997 Canes >>> 2012 Canes

Were not winning 5 games.... unless these freshmans earn some major PT. This is the least talented team Ive seen in a while

Wrs suck (besides Rashawn Scott) Lets hope Malcolm Lewis is ready to play day 1 unfortunately I dont think it is. Pray for injury free years from Hurns, Dorsett

Only position that played well was the LB's Cornelius showed me something Perrryman is a beast

Scott is very average. Should never start for Miami. And the corners aren't anything special yet they still made our receivers look like ****.

Naw, I see us with 6-7 games... Our opponents will struggle as well... I only fear UVA (great fundamentally coach team), VT, and Clemson... And I think we beat ND... Their qb situation maybe worse than ours right now even without Morris...

Naw, I see us with 6-7 games... Our opponents will struggle as well... I only fear UVA (great fundamentally coach team), VT, and Clemson... And I think we beat ND... Their qb situation maybe worse than ours right now even without Morris...

USF has a very good defense. We couldn't score double digits on them last year. They return everyone. They'll be favored in Joe Robbie.

ND will easily handle us in Chicago. Home game for them.

NC State senior QB Glennon very good, most of the team returns, and you KNOW we won't take them seriously because we only get up for the big games.

Sure Wins: Bethune
Probable Wins: at Duke, North Carolina,
Toss ups: at Boston College
Probable Losses: at UVA, NC State, at Georgia Tech, at Kansas State, USF
Sure Losses: FSU, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame,

Advertisement
that defense is better than a 5 win season. The offense will catch up. 8 wins is a likelyhood.

Anything else....butter.

that defense is better than a 5 win season. The offense will catch up. 8 wins is a likelyhood.

Anything else....butter.

The offense has taken a much bigger step back than the defense has forward. Much. And the schedule got a lot harder. Yet you expect two more wins. OK

Wow guys you mean to tell me we are the only team in the ACC with problems on offense and defense I am sure we still have enough talent and coaches to get the job done ...its a spring game I just heard Nick Saban say today he doesn't put much stock into spring games just a time to get better, every year our own fans bash us either our offense sucks or our defense sucks...and don't give me that BS about a team is bringing back everyone they are gonna be so dam good look at us last year and FSU.....in any of these games we play this year we can win

Prime example: K State who new they were gonna explode like that

Its college football anything can happen!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Lmao Scott is average? Man please stop with that ****. 4-8 really? You're a joke.

Morris =future star. Not many see it because they think of a kid who played as a True Frosh with only practice time with the scout team but he's good. I'm leading the charge. Especially as a Sr but he's going to be our best QB since Dorsey (and I think Berlin was good for us).

BTW, half these post explain our fan base perfectly.

Last edited:
Morris =future star. Not many see it because they think of a kid who played as a True Frosh with only practice time with the scout team but he's good. I'm leading the charge. Especially as a Sr but he's going to be our best QB since Dorsey (and I think Berlin was good for us).

Then I'm riding shotgun.

Advertisement
I think Morris may be better than some think on here, but I just don't see us being very good...yet. We don't have experienced quality depth. Banking on a bunch of freshman coming in and playing lights out is a fool's game. Rarely happens. We'll get contribution from some guys, The Duke come ls to mind, but it will be limited. Even next year will be better but just a stepping stone. Watch for 2014.

Just sayin...

Wu

I honestly believe this will be the best defense we've fielded in a long time. For the first time in a while we'll be stout where it matters most - at DT. No more watching teams push us around or run up and down the field. Our LBs will be fast and physical. Our CB play will be better and I predict our play at safety will be better also. Not saying we'll be all world just that we'll be much better on defense than most here are giving us credit for being. My concern on offense is really with the OL. I think we'll have enough skill position guys. I expect Duke, Lockhart, and perhaps another player not here to contribute immediately. With Morris and Hurns back we should be fine with our skill position. Can Kehoe get the most out of a unit that is huge and athletic? I love him as a Cane, but I'm still not convinced he's the best guy to coach our OL. I'd predict we win 8 games including the one against the Domers. That program has more issues than we do.

I think Morris may be better than some think on here, but I just don't see us being very good...yet. We don't have experienced quality depth. Banking on a bunch of freshman coming in and playing lights out is a fool's game. Rarely happens. We'll get contribution from some guys, The Duke come ls to mind, but it will be limited. Even next year will be better but just a stepping stone. Watch for 2014.

Just sayin...

Advertisement
which is why people are retarded

first off......this time of the year defenses are always ahead of offenses

secondly........we havent had morris or hurns all spring

we also had guys drop 2 sure TDs........if they hold onto those......me thinks he doesnt even start this thread

typical spring stupidity from one of the members who sadly is part of the "fan base"
Yep, same thread every year after scrimmage...

I loved the way our corners were playing. I´m really surprised by the way Hope is playing... very physical and near the receiver all the time. I´m impressed...
i said it awhile ago......i like gunter and think this kid is gonna be a player
I expected this from Gunter with his experience, but Hope´s play?!? You´re right, he´s gonna be a player!

Plus, kid has some size for a freshman corner. I don´t know if it was the quality of the stream, but he looked like a safety out there.

Talking about safety, it was good to see #22 making plays after the F. State fiasco last season. Golden was praising him in several interviews saying he is new player this year, and yesterday he was hitting and also saved a TD from Dorset. We will need help there... hope he keeps improving.

Haha Rogers had a good game against FSU... He just made 1 mistake(a costly one)... He isnt a bad player... He would have gotten more burn in 2010 if he didnt get injured I believe... The kid can play...
Lol...I agree.

I wasn´t on the bandwagon that thought Rogers was trash. After that play, several poster called him a bust. Crazy...

I´m really pleased with what I saw yesterday. He´s bigger, more physical and shows some speed to come from the other side to tackle Dorset. We really need speed at safety...

USF has a very good defense. We couldn't score double digits on them last year. They return everyone. They'll be favored in Joe Robbie.

ND will easily handle us in Chicago. Home game for them.

NC State senior QB Glennon very good, most of the team returns, and you KNOW we won't take them seriously because we only get up for the big games.

Sure Wins: Bethune
Probable Wins: at Duke, North Carolina,
Toss ups: at Boston College
Probable Losses: at UVA, NC State, at Georgia Tech, at Kansas State, USF
Sure Losses: FSU, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame,

We will trounce GT just as we have the past 3 years. You think we dont have talent? They have nobody
BC lost all its playmakers

I'm not saying we will win the ACC but to say we have 1 sure win and a possible 4 wins is crazy. I see 6-6 and maybe 7-5 with a few lucky breaks (not that we ever get them) The defense will be much better and Williams isnt any worse than Jacory and hes probably the backup

Advertisement
Back