Just came back from Spring Game...Ummmm

I'll be sure to bump this thread, just like your "Were we wrong on Haith?" thread.

WEll he did win coach of the year......I went to the spring game last year at lockhart stadium and we looked wwwwaaaayyyy better then we did today..people are acting like every spring game is boring...their just flat out wrong

The most exciting spring game in ages was 2005 because Kyle Wright looked great and Willie Williams had a huge game. That worked out well.

He also got eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament as a #2 seed, so STFU.

Advertisement
I'm enthused about the secondary's ability to fly up and make a stick, if not a sure tackle.

Plenty of opportunities for playing time on offense for the freshmen...

I agree with this, if we're going to play this style of defense the db's have to make those tackles after the catch and they did a good job of that today.

Offense is never gonna look good when you got a bunch of slow walk on WRs playing.

Doom and gloom from Canes fans after a Spring Game where at least 4 starters are hurt, there are 3 scholarship WRs on the field and 25% of the 2012 team aren't even on campus yet.

Shocking.

Exactly we have 3 scholarship WR's and the rest will be "freshmens" that says it all right there. THis Spring game reminds me when we had BRian Monroe at WR. I'm sorry when Garett Kidd looks like your 2nd best WR on the field at a a spring game, things are bad..I dont care who is injured(Oh yea only Hurns was injured) You really think Maurice Hagens being injured makes a difference? Garett Kidd looked better than 5th year seniors Kendall Thompkind and Davon Johnson..That is bad my friend

Our 2 projected starting running backs might not start on any other ACC team...Our 3rd string running back right now is who? a converted QB DB who never played RB... Depth is Horrible

Hurns, Hagens, Feliciano, Morris, Buchanon, Green injured. All expected to start or at least see considerable minutes. If you dont think Hagens (or even Holton) makes at least a little difference in the run game, then I don't know if you should be taken seriously. Hagens is a beast that can open holes.

I don't think Miami wins more than 7 games this year, but ripping a WR unit with 3 scholarship players while failing to acknowledge the OBVIOUS defensive improvements just... reeks. Reeks like a t-shirt fan that expects 14-0 seasons and anything less than that the players suck and coaches must be fired.

Doom and gloom from Canes fans after a Spring Game where at least 4 starters are hurt, there are 3 scholarship WRs on the field and 25% of the 2012 team aren't even on campus yet.

Shocking.

Exactly we have 3 scholarship WR's and the rest will be "freshmens" that says it all right there. THis Spring game reminds me when we had BRian Monroe at WR. I'm sorry when Garett Kidd looks like your 2nd best WR on the field at a a spring game, things are bad..I dont care who is injured(Oh yea only Hurns was injured) You really think Maurice Hagens being injured makes a difference? Garett Kidd looked better than 5th year seniors Kendall Thompkind and Davon Johnson..That is bad my friend

Our 2 projected starting running backs might not start on any other ACC team...Our 3rd string running back right now is who? a converted QB DB who never played RB... Depth is Horrible

Hurns, Hagens, Feliciano, Morris, Buchanon, Green injured. All expected to start or at least see considerable minutes. If you dont think Hagens (or even Holton) makes at least a little difference in the run game, then I don't know if you should be taken seriously. Hagens is a beast that can open holes.

I don't think Miami wins more than 7 games this year, but ripping a WR unit with 3 scholarship players while failing to acknowledge the OBVIOUS defensive improvements just... reeks. Reeks like a t-shirt fan that expects 14-0 seasons and anything less than that the players suck and coaches must be fired.

Hmm...just like any SEC program? Lol

Advertisement

Shocking.

Umm yea I don't..You think were gonna be healthy every game this season? Green has never been healthy so how you can count on him doing anything is mind boggling, He has done nothing here at Miami. Holton!! DId you just say Holton!! The guy who moved from safety to LB to FB? Your worried about him missing time? LOL The guy wasnt physical ebough to be a LB and you think hes gonna make a differnence at FB? Your proving my point our depth sucks... We will most likely go into every game this season down a couple of starters.... I see no obvious defensive improvements except improvement of linebacker play, Where is this improvement you talk of? Our players do suck we are not that talented...especially on Offense..like i say depending on true "freshmens" to make a difference on your team is a recipe for disaster...

Last edited:
What's funny is, had Walford & Scott held on to those touchdowns, OP is probably singing a different tune.

I'll state this as a fact: our tight ends are horrid, and our recruiting at that position the last several seasons has been even worse.

The real question which all fans want to know is:

What was Danny's take on this game?

13-1? or 14-0...

Advertisement
Last year, after scrimmage, people complained about our offense, too. Saying it was vanilla... Every year, same thing.

My worry would be the defense letting the offense run the show. We will be better with the influx of WR´s(plus, Duke) in the near future...

People need to relax.

Last year, after scrimmage, people complained about our offense, too. Saying it was vanilla... Every year, same thing.

My worry would be the defense letting the offense run the show. We will be better with the influx of WR´s(plus, Duke) in the near future...

People need to relax.
which is why people are retarded

first off......this time of the year defenses are always ahead of offenses

secondly........we havent had morris or hurns all spring

we also had guys drop 2 sure TDs........if they hold onto those......me thinks he doesnt even start this thread

typical spring stupidity from one of the members who sadly is part of the "fan base"

Advertisement

People need to relax.

we also had guys drop 2 sure TDs........if they hold onto those......me thinks he doesnt even start this thread

typical spring stupidity from one of the members who sadly is part of the "fan base"

If's are for bytches who don't want to deal with reality. If 3 plays didnt happen last year we wouldve been 9-3 GTFOH with that weak ****!!!!!

Last edited:

People need to relax.

If's are for bytches who don't want to deal with reality.
again.....the reality is that if those are TDs......he never starts this thread to begin with

People need to relax.

Yep, same thread every year after scrimmage...

I loved the way our corners were playing. I´m really surprised by the way Hope is playing... very physical and near the receiver all the time. I´m impressed...

Advertisement

People need to relax.

I loved the way our corners were playing. I´m really surprised by the way Hope is playing... very physical and near the receiver all the time. I´m impressed...
i said it awhile ago......i like gunter and think this kid is gonna be a player

People need to relax.

i said it awhile ago......i like gunter and think this kid is gonna be a player
I expected this from Gunter with his experience, but Hope´s play?!? You´re right, he´s gonna be a player!

Plus, kid has some size for a freshman corner. I don´t know if it was the quality of the stream, but he looked like a safety out there.

Talking about safety, it was good to see #22 making plays after the F. State fiasco last season. Golden was praising him in several interviews saying he is new player this year, and yesterday he was hitting and also saved a TD from Dorset. We will need help there... hope he keeps improving.

what did anyone really expect? we have ZERO playmakers on offense. any success this team will have will come via the defense and special teams. offense will have to take care of the ball and eat up clock

D looks much better than last year. My focus is on D this year. Recruiting has been very D heavy for a reason. Offense was cratered by surprise departures.

We were in no position for the skilled guys to leave so early. Now we are in a hole because of depth and relying on freshmens.

Then again, we've been told repeatedly that Shannon restocked the cupboard.

Advertisement
Back