Just came back from Spring Game...Ummmm

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
Were not winning 5 games.... unless these freshmans earn some major PT. This is the least talented team Ive seen in a while

Qbs suck- Ryan Williams is who I thought he was..I give the freshmen a pass
Rbs suck - James and Clements or average guys
Wrs suck (besides Rashawn Scott) Lets hope Malcolm Lewis is ready to play day 1 unfortunately I dont think it is. Pray for injury free years from Hurns, Dorsett
Oline suck - we got no push

We have no depth anywhere

Only position that played well was the LB's Cornelius showed me something Perrryman is a beast

Last edited:
Advertisement
We will be straight there are some playmakers coming in the fall and got to think Fisch is probably already designing ways to get them the ball based off their skill-set, just got to tighten up the o-line and get Morris healthy

We will be straight there are some playmakers coming in the fall and got to think Fisch is probably already designing ways to get them the ball based off their skill-set, just got to tighten up the o-line and get Morris healthy

Now its Morris wheres that poll where half the site said that Williams would be the starter.. We need one of these freshman WR and RB to step up bigtyme.

Watch almost any spring game where they line up the 1s vs the 1s and the offense will look like ****. People need to stop looking to much into this Spring Game.

Now I'm not saying we don't have a few problems on offense but Morris will help a lot. Namely the OLine has to step it up and become dominant.

Advertisement
The Spring Game has lead to so much optimism over the last 7 season that it is refreshing to hear this.

I'll be sure to bump this thread, just like your "Were we wrong on Haith?" thread.

Advertisement
I'll be sure to bump this thread, just like your "Were we wrong on Haith?" thread.

WEll he did win coach of the year......I went to the spring game last year at lockhart stadium and we looked wwwwaaaayyyy better then we did today..people are acting like every spring game is boring...their just flat out wrong

Doom and gloom from Canes fans after a Spring Game where at least 4 starters are hurt, there are 3 scholarship WRs on the field and 25% of the 2012 team aren't even on campus yet.

Shocking.

Doom and gloom from Canes fans after a Spring Game where at least 4 starters are hurt, there are 3 scholarship WRs on the field and 25% of the 2012 team aren't even on campus yet.

Shocking.

Exactly we have 3 scholarship WR's and the rest will be "freshmens" that says it all right there. THis Spring game reminds me when we had BRian Monroe at WR. I'm sorry when Garett Kidd looks like your 2nd best WR on the field at a a spring game, things are bad..I dont care who is injured(Oh yea only Hurns was injured) You really think Maurice Hagens being injured makes a difference? Garett Kidd looked better than 5th year seniors Kendall Thompkind and Davon Johnson..That is bad my friend

Our 2 projected starting running backs might not start on any other ACC team...Our 3rd string running back right now is who? a converted QB DB who never played RB... Depth is Horrible

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm enthused about the secondary's ability to fly up and make a stick, if not a sure tackle.

Plenty of opportunities for playing time on offense for the freshmen...

Watch almost any spring game where they line up the 1s vs the 1s and the offense will look like ****. People need to stop looking to much into this Spring Game.

Now I'm not saying we don't have a few problems on offense but Morris will help a lot. Namely the OLine has to step it up and become dominant.

Its true but even last year Miller and Streeter were making plays and it translated into the season.

We are desperate for playmakers and I was hoping someone would shine. Not giving up hope of course, just a little disappointed. The backfield really worries me and I just cant honestly put as much faith in a true freshman as others are, even though I love Duke.

Agreed with the LB play. I saw the best gang tackling and aggression I have seen from our defense in a long time.

Advertisement
I think Morris's big arm combined with some WR talent (regardless of depth) is going to result in some big plays on the outside.

I think Morris's big arm combined with some WR talent (regardless of depth) is going to result in some big plays on the outside.

Agreed especially if we can get the TEs involved like I think we can. Get the safeties looking for the TE or a slot guy(maybe Duke or Crawford in a similar role) and open up the deep ball. You dont need 4.3 speed to throw the deep ball.

Didnt Morris have a backiotomy? Lets hope he's the same QB.....I think....Yikes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back