Just came back from Spring Game...Ummmm

that defense is better than a 5 win season. The offense will catch up. 8 wins is a likelyhood.

Anything else....butter.

The offense has taken a much bigger step back than the defense has forward. Much. And the schedule got a lot harder. Yet you expect two more wins. OK

A lot of our post make you sounds like a whiny little *****. just sayin..

Advertisement
I was more disappointed in the effort and energy dept. Spring game is about reps and simulating game situations. Yes I was frustrated like everyone else who was there,but I'll never hang my hat on one game,good or bad. I was sitting right behind the bench and I was surprised how flat they were. When Bunche had a false start in the first series I was expecting Kehoe to light him up when he came to the sideline but even Arties volcanic temper was subdued.

This team has some problems,no doubt about that. But there are areas that already have shown marked improvement. We are physically bigger and stronger. Tackling was outstanding. Corners are actually breaking on the ball and being aggressive in coverage and on run support.

For the not so good-dropped passes continue to be a problem. OL just doesn't overpower anyone. Game breaking skill players still lacking.

I liked what I saw from Junior Alexis,all the LB's, Erik Flowers,Chickillo,and Scott.

I wasn't too thrilled with the play of McDermott,Jeremy Lewis,The RB's,Davon Johnson and Clive Walford.

Ray Ray is still a liability in space. He just isn't fluid to change directions and takes awful angles that puts his body in awkward positions that he can't recover from.

its only a spring game. they have been banging heads against each other for the last month or so...they have learned each others strengths and weaknesses. They say familiarity breeds contempt, it also breeds confidence. The D clearly wasnt afraid of the O, and executed well. The O will be fine. They have all summer to fix any problems. Lets not forget, Ryan W. threw 4 Td's in the last game, and everybody was all doom and gloom about the D.

STFU. Stop with all the "Woe is me" ****. We'll be fine. It's a spring game. This is to gauge where we're at going into fall. If this happens at the end of fall camp, THEN be worried.

So we're all writing off Ryan Williams as a bum now based on a spring where he had 2 scholarship wide receivers healthy huh?

Wu

I honestly believe this will be the best defense we've fielded in a long time. For the first time in a while we'll be stout where it matters most - at DT. No more watching teams push us around or run up and down the field. Our LBs will be fast and physical. Our CB play will be better and I predict our play at safety will be better also. Not saying we'll be all world just that we'll be much better on defense than most here are giving us credit for being. My concern on offense is really with the OL. I think we'll have enough skill position guys. I expect Duke, Lockhart, and perhaps another player not here to contribute immediately. With Morris and Hurns back we should be fine with our skill position. Can Kehoe get the most out of a unit that is huge and athletic? I love him as a Cane, but I'm still not convinced he's the best guy to coach our OL. I'd predict we win 8 games including the one against the Domers. That program has more issues than we do.

I think Morris may be better than some think on here, but I just don't see us being very good...yet. We don't have experienced quality depth. Banking on a bunch of freshman coming in and playing lights out is a fool's game. Rarely happens. We'll get contribution from some guys, The Duke come ls to mind, but it will be limited. Even next year will be better but just a stepping stone. Watch for 2014.

Just sayin...

I hope you're right. Solid points all around, but you can't win with just starters. Against good teams, the lack of mature depth will be a liability. If you factor in the usual injuries that any team has to deal with, and it becomes even that much more important.

Honestly, I'm looking to see improvement as the season progresses, kids really buying into what Coach Golden is selling, and the team really beginning to look like a Golden team. I would like to see some confidence-building wins to carry over into the next off-season. If so, then I think we'll really begin to see the start of something very special. The seeds are being planted right now.

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone thinks our defense will be good? We got torched last year and lost half our starters. When we get hit with the injury bug, which inevitably happens every year, we will be playing true frosh everywhere. We are gonna get shredded all year.

Personally, I am more confident in the offense. Our starting QB didnt play yesterday. Combine that with a lackluster effort from the OL (which is the deepest and most talented unit on the roster, regardless of yesterday), a solid if not flashy Mike James, a dependable Clements, a wildcard Duke, experienced TEs, and I think this unit is serviceable. If we can get someone to step up at WR, it can be more than serviceable.

Mark it down - D gets shredded all year.

I agree that on the Spring game it's a five win season. Remember though this offense isn't the one taking the field. The one taking the field has Morris, Johnson and Hurns in it. Healthy this team could win 8 games. A few injuries and it could be a sub .500 season.

Advertisement
So we're all writing off Ryan Williams as a bum now based on a spring where he had 2 scholarship wide receivers healthy huh?

I think he's a quality QB, not elite or anything. Good backup for Morris, can step right in and take over starting job if Morris is injured or struggles

Not sure why everyone thinks our defense will be good? We got torched last year and lost half our starters. When we get hit with the injury bug, which inevitably happens every year, we will be playing true frosh everywhere. We are gonna get shredded all year.

Personally, I am more confident in the offense. Our starting QB didnt play yesterday. Combine that with a lackluster effort from the OL (which is the deepest and most talented unit on the roster, regardless of yesterday), a solid if not flashy Mike James, a dependable Clements, a wildcard Duke, experienced TEs, and I think this unit is serviceable. If we can get someone to step up at WR, it can be more than serviceable.

Mark it down - D gets shredded all year.

Our entire defense wasnt that bad last year. Our secondary was very poor and we had trouble tackling and putting pressure on the Qb. By the looks of things, We have improved on all 3 of those things this spring, so how will our defense be worse than we were last year? IMO we will play more man to man and our D-line will put more pressure on the QB and just those 2 things alone will make us that much better

He is NOT a quality qb. Every throw was a wobbly duck and it wasn't accurate. AND, his throws were all dump offs or 10 yards patterns. I didn't see many 20 yard deep ins or outs... If a qb can't get the ball there.... that's a huge weakness for the offense. HUGE.

OF COURSE the defense looked great. We had qbs who couldn't throw the ball beyond 15 yards and had no running game. WTF is wrong with you people.

Advertisement
Back