Juniors Returning

They realize they're not ready for the league.

No, they are ready for the NFL. They are all grown men, and, in the case of DP and Chick had a pretty good idea where they would be drafted.
2nd-3rd round is good money for DP and 4th-5th is good for Chick.

They are staying because they believe in the team and the coaches, and that those same coaches you all hate will continue to develop them and elevate their pro prospects.

What are you basing this on?
The statements they all gave to UM's website. They all gave robotic answers about how much they love Miami and the coaches.

Walford:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209369210

Feliciano:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368944

Perryman:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368794

Do you, personally, give robotic answers, or is it just them that do?

Advertisement
B Washington, Streeter, and those guys that left early and flopped in the League was probably the best thing that could have happened to us (in terms of players leaving early). I think juniors are going to think long and hard before they leave simce they are likely scared that what happened to those guys really can happen to them

No, they are ready for the NFL. They are all grown men, and, in the case of DP and Chick had a pretty good idea where they would be drafted.

They are staying because they believe in the team and the coaches, and that those same coaches you all hate will continue to develop them and elevate their pro prospects.

The statements they all gave to UM's website. They all gave robotic answers about how much they love Miami and the coaches.

Walford:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209369210

Feliciano:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368944

Perryman:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368794

LOL, yea...I'm way off base with this.

B Washington, Streeter, and those guys that left early and flopped in the League was probably the best thing that could have happened to us (in terms of players leaving early). I think juniors are going to think long and hard before they leave simce they are likely scared that what happened to those guys really can happen to them

yeah and the level of success that Streeter had in just one year under the new staff would have doubled as a senior.

Walford:

Feliciano:

Perryman:

226.gif

Advertisement

Purely guesses on your part. Most believe Chick would be an UFA. Not even drafted. He hasn't shown anything to be 4/5th round.

Not my guesses but his pre draft grade.
You may believe Chick is a UFA, but the NFL doesn't.
I trust their judgement.

I haven't seen the pre-draft grades. Is there a correlation with the pre-draft grade in what the actually assessment is when they submit for their draft grade? Does anyone know that?

Walford:

Feliciano:

Perryman:

LOL, yea...I'm way off base with this.

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

Not sure how people keep jumping to this conclusion. They got their assessment back from the NFL and didn't land where they would like. Spend another year lifting weights, doing speed work, getting their stats up, finish there degree or get a Masters degree. Not sure how you can jump to they are buying into what Golden is doing.

You might want to read the article again. You are leaving out valuable quotes from the players.

Purely guesses on your part. Most believe Chick would be an UFA. Not even drafted. He hasn't shown anything to be 4/5th round.

I trust their judgement.

I haven't seen the pre-draft grades. Is there a correlation with the pre-draft grade in what the actually assessment is when they submit for their draft grade? Does anyone know that?

Man, you stay trying to make your point. Whether its the same/better/worse, does it matter? It's all speculation. No one knows until they get drafted.

Advertisement

I trust their judgement.

My guess that there is a published correlation available, but we leave it to you to effectively use a search engine.

I trust their judgement.

Man, you stay trying to make your point. Whether its the same/better/worse, does it matter? It's all speculation. No one knows until they get drafted.

Exactly my point. Same with the kids had they left and castrating this staff if they did. There is a data point we just don't have and that is the actual assessment. Fans using that they are staying as some indictment that the staff is developing them is just as ridiculous.

I trust their judgement.

My guess that there is a published correlation available, but we leave it to you to effectively use a search engine.

LOL, thanks for the non answer. Don't you have some more moderation of the board to do? Is there any actually value you bring to the board?

Not sure how people keep jumping to this conclusion. They got their assessment back from the NFL and didn't land where they would like. Spend another year lifting weights, doing speed work, getting their stats up, finish there degree or get a Masters degree. Not sure how you can jump to they are buying into what Golden is doing.

You might want to read the article again. You are leaving out valuable quotes from the players.

I already commented on this.

Advertisement
some of you are too much . . . if our team and program was such a dumpster fire there's no way these guys would stay, especially perryman . . .

I trust their judgement.

LOL, thanks for the non answer. Don't you have some more moderation of the board to do? Is there any actually value you bring to the board?

You were requesting information and implying that it was somehow critical to your thought processes. I was pointing out that there might be a way for you to obtain the answer yourself.

All of those players are on NFL rosters... I don't consider that flopping... Making 6 figures a year isn't bad... OV double digit sacks and LM leading rusher with a garbage OC and HC is also doing well for themselves... Those guys aren't stars but they are doing fine for themselves... The only person who could have made an argument about leaving was DP... Everyone else had pedestrian production...

Advertisement
some of you are too much . . . if our team and program was such a dumpster fire there's no way these guys would stay, especially perryman . . .

That cant be true. The experts that cruise this board know much more than the players and paid coaches we have..:)

I trust their judgement.

Exactly my point. Same with the kids had they left and castrating this staff if they did. There is a data point we just don't have and that is the actual assessment. Fans using that they are staying as some indictment that the staff is developing them is just as ridiculous.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/08/3857195/miami-hurricanes-denzel-perryman.html

our all acc 1st team lb and several other quality veterans are returning and our fans are speaking negative about them and their quotes...smh.

Y'all are funny.. I'm glad to have players getting looks from the NFL on our roster next year. With all the complaining from the recruiting, some of you would take anyone. Besides for the players actually contributing and have futures at the next level of course. Unreal.

Advertisement
Back