Juniors Returning

Advertisement
Feliciano? When was this even an issue? Are we going to hold a fake press conference like last year trying to get some positive news in the middle of a **** show?

That' s all it is for. Jags like Chick,Feliciano and Walford to announce they're returning is a joke. .

Feliciano? When was this even an issue? Are we going to hold a fake press conference like last year trying to get some positive news in the middle of a **** show?

That' s all it is for. Jags like Chick,Feliciano and Walford to announce they're returning is a joke. .
I know it's difficult, but try to realize that these guys are still college kids. I know for a fact one of those guys you mentioned considered going because his family could really use the financial support. Understand that you don't have all the facts at play in these decisions.

They realize they're not ready for the league.

No, they are ready for the NFL. They are all grown men, and, in the case of DP and Chick had a pretty good idea where they would be drafted.
2nd-3rd round is good money for DP and 4th-5th is good for Chick.

They are staying because they believe in the team and the coaches, and that those same coaches you all hate will continue to develop them and elevate their pro prospects.

What are you basing this on?

No, they are ready for the NFL. They are all grown men, and, in the case of DP and Chick had a pretty good idea where they would be drafted.

They are staying because they believe in the team and the coaches, and that those same coaches you all hate will continue to develop them and elevate their pro prospects.

The statements they all gave to UM's website. They all gave robotic answers about how much they love Miami and the coaches.

Walford:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209369210

Feliciano:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368944

Perryman:

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209368794

Advertisement

Seems like blind optimism to me.

The important part is each of them would have left HUGE holes if they departed.

Still isn't the type of senior class Miami needs to be to win championships, but those guys are all All-ACC players.

Still isn't the type of senior class Miami needs to be to win championships, but those guys are all All-ACC players.

I agree its huge they came back, I also don't think any of them with the exception of perryman were ready.

At least they are coming back... Get your degrees at least... They all needed to come back... Hopefully this helps their draft stocks as well as the team...

Advertisement
Whether they project as third round as is the case with Perryman or later, they likely all stand a chance of playing in the Nfl. It's a huge plus that they're back. Also speaks to the fact that they're comfortable with Golden rather than just bolting.

I agree its huge they came back, I also don't think any of them with the exception of perryman were ready.

I don't either though I am a much bigger fan of Chick than most everyone on this board. That kid will absolutely make an NFL roster and play quality minutes.

I know that preseason rankings and hype and all that bull**** gets tossed aside on this board but at the same time, we rarely ever make a dent on anyone's lists these days. Our upperclassmen have been severely lacking. You look at that group and you see much more potential and production than in past years.

Walford was a beast at times. Completely neglected by the QB much of the time, but a kid like Ryan Williams will make Walford a priority. That's huge.

Perryman caught way too much **** just like Chick. People so quickly forget the complete suckfest everyone had after DPs game against UiF. He was ******* killing people, and looked extremely quick chasing down plays, despite what some S&C newbies tried to forcefeed this board down the stretch.

Feliciano should have a huge year. We've seen quite a few scrap heap offensive linemen finish strong here and Feliciano has been a beast since day 1. I expect a big senior year.

Not sure how people keep jumping to this conclusion. They got their assessment back from the NFL and didn't land where they would like. Spend another year lifting weights, doing speed work, getting their stats up, finish there degree or get a Masters degree. Not sure how you can jump to they are buying into what Golden is doing.

I agree with you, however, if they would have left the staff would have been attacked like a Grizzly on a gut pile. Can't have it both ways. Rats off a sinking ship so to say.

They stayed, so at the very least they feel they are being developed properly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok, now there's a conspiracy over robotic answers. So we'd prefer they trash the program like some immature recruits? So Perryman's father gave a robotic answer, too, speaking from cue cards?

Ok, now there's a conspiracy over robotic answers. So we'd prefer they trash the program like some immature recruits? So Perryman's father gave a robotic answer, too, speaking from cue cards?

People are so asshurt over high school kids and the grown adults putzing around that they take it out on the guys who give their hearts and souls to this team.

**** those people.

From their quotes in the herald.

Advertisement

Purely guesses on your part. Most believe Chick would be an UFA. Not even drafted. He hasn't shown anything to be 4/5th round.

Not my guesses but his pre draft grade.
You may believe Chick is a UFA, but the NFL doesn't.
I trust their judgement.

Not sure how people keep jumping to this conclusion. They got their assessment back from the NFL and didn't land where they would like. Spend another year lifting weights, doing speed work, getting their stats up, finish there degree or get a Masters degree. Not sure how you can jump to they are buying into what Golden is doing.

I agree with you, however, if they would have left the staff would have been attacked like a Grizzly on a gut pile. Can't have it both ways. Rats off a sinking ship so to say.

They stayed, so at the very least they feel they are being developed properly.

Strong work, BSC!

denzel believes in golden, he wasnt coming here until ag started recruiting him. Between him and Tracy we at least have two All-conference guys coming back.
Denzel staying gives grace a little more time to develop. Figs got alot of time last year so he is on one side. I think Kirby steps up in middle. Towards end of year when he was on field, he played at a much faster pace than Gaines.

denzel believes in golden, he wasnt coming here until ag started recruiting him. Between him and Tracy we at least have two All-conference guys coming back.
Denzel staying gives grace a little more time to develop. Figs got alot of time last year so he is on one side. I think Kirby steps up in middle. Towards end of year when he was on field, he played at a much faster pace than Gaines.

Kirby is another guy who does entirely too much thinking out there. His athleticism is outstanding when he flashes it. Hopefully it's a bit like the Tracy situation where once he gets comfortable he can let it fly. He is explosive.

Advertisement
Back