Juniors recaps Junior day: Cole, Cronkite, Causey,SBB, T-Mac

1jamaicancane

Senior
- He spend all day on the UM campus. “I enjoyed it,” Cole told 247Sports early Sunday night. “It was nice. At first we went through the Edgerrin James room, saw the campus and talked with coach (Al) Golden.”

- He had a brief 7 minute convo with AG today. “He told me why I should come to Miami and why Miami is a good fit for me,” Cole said.

- He was in position meetings with Paul Williams. “We were actually watching film,” Cole said. “I mostly talk with coach Williams but everyone on the staff at Miami is recruiting me.”

- He got to spend time with former Miramar Patriot and former teammate Tracy Howard. “I sat with him at lunch,” Cole said. “He’s always telling me Miami is a great place and he likes it. He said he thinks I’d like there if I went there.”

- Even though he's committed to FSU he's still very high on UM. “Its a great place,” Cole said. “I love the coaching staff. Everybody is great there man.”

- He wants to hit up UF for their Junior Day and FSU later in February. “I’m still with FSU,” Cole said. “Miami is my number two and South Carolina is three. I’m trying to get my ACT done so I can take some official visits (in the fall).”
http://miami.247sports.com/Article/FSU-4-star-Commit-Visits-Miami--173610

Jordan Kronkites interview

- UM offer meant alot to him as a fan. “Miami came by my school on Friday and watched film of me and told my coach they were offering,” Cronkrite said. “That was exciting to get a new offer, no matter what school it is. They are the school that I grew up a fan of, so that was a very nice offer to get.”

- He was at the Junior Day. “We met with the coaches at first and they talked about how the college lifestyle is,” Cronkrite said. “Then we broke out into position meetings and then we got a tour of the campus and then finally we had a barbecue. It was a real nice time.”

- His favorite part was meeting with Denzel, Chick and Gus. “I enjoyed hearing from the players most,” Cronkrite said. “They told us about the transition from high school to college and how it is important to manage your time and stay organized. They said in college you don’t have much free time, so you have to use it wisely.”

- He also spent time with Hurlie. “I got to speak briefly with coach Brown,” Cronkrite said. “He just told me how he is excited about me and how he wants me at UM. He told me he is going to keep in close contact with me. He likes how I have grown as a player and how I run with low pad level and how I run tough.

- He has 21 offers and will go to WVUs Junior Day next. “I still have to see some more schools and figure things out before I cut things down to my favorites,” Cronkrite said. “I still have a ways to go.”

- His teammate is Tim Irvin and they want to play with each other on the next level. “We have been playing together since eighth grade,” Cronkrite said. “I know that if we were going to go to the same school at the next level, it would be great because we could keep each other on point.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/R...-JR-Day-173628

Richard Causey

- Has a top 2 of USCe and UM. “The Miami junior day was really good,” Causey said. “The coaches discussed the playing style with what Miami’s defensive backs do and the techniques they use in their scheme and that was really cool. I really liked what they were saying.”

- He got a 1 on 1 with Golden today. “I got to talk to coach Golden one-on-one,” Causey said. “He was just telling me about the recruiting process and how they really want me. He was telling me that I am a big target for them. That means a lot because I feel like I am wanted there.”

- He got time with Paul WIlliams too. “It was cool to be around coach Williams more,” Causey said. “He is a good guy. He knows what he is doing because he played. I think he is a good coach and I would definitely take his advice.”

- He likes where UM is right now. “They still have a strong tradition even though they are rebuilding what they have,” Causey said. “They are on the rise.”

- USCe is the other school he likes. “South Carolina felt like home when I was up there last summer,” Causey said. “I love their defense and their coaches. From what I understand, they should be good next year too.”

- He's going to FSUs Junior Day too. “I will look at playing time and the coaches and the location,” Causey said. “Those are the main things that are important to me.”

- He's now at STA and talks about the adjustment. “It has been cool,” Causey said. “I just have to adjust to a new atmosphere. It is a Catholic school so it is more strict. I have just had to adjust.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Miami-Top-Two-For-CB-Rashard-Causey-173635

SBB

- He had a good time with the coaches. “I was just hanging out and chilling with the coaches,” Burgess-Becker told 247Sports Sunday night. “We toured the school, ate and chilled with the coaches.”

- He with Calvin Ridley were in AGs office earlier. “He was happy we made it down,” Burgess-Becker said. “He wants us to commit right away. He likes us a lot.”

- He went with the wrs group today. “I talk to (Miami wide receivers) coach Brennan Carroll all the time,” Burgess-Becker said. “He was showing me the offense they run. Its pretty cool how they call the plays. Everybody was really having fun and we saw some parts we haven’t seen there before.”

- Bama and UM are in his top 2. “Alabama and Miami,” Burgess-Becker said. “Those are my top two. I stay in contact with (Alabama offensive line) coach Mario Cristobal every day and its the same thing with coach Al Golden even more. I stay in contact with those two the most.”

- Next for SBB? “I’m not sure yet,” Burgess-Becker said. “I may go to Alabama or Florida. They want us to come down, but I have 7-on-7 tryouts in Miami at Carol City High School next weekend, so I’m not sure when I’ll make it there

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Two-Stick-Out-for-Shawn-Burgess-Becker-173616

Tarvarus McFadden

- Very happy after he received the UM offer. “I was surprised, I’m not going to lie because I wasn’t really hearing much from them,” McFadden said. “I’m just surprised, but now that I got it, I’m happy about it. I’m going to open up my eyes to UM now.”

- He took in Junior Day with Torrance Gibson. “It went real well,” he said. “It was cool. UM coaches were cool and I learned a little bit about the defense they run and some techniques to my coverages.”

- He added UM to a huge offer list so far and offered a timetable for his decision. “I want to commit in the summer some time I think so I can focus on my season,” McFadden said.

- He hasnt set any unofficials yet. “Right now I’m just taking it one day at a time because big schools are coming in every day,” McFadden said.

- He was key in AH winning the state championships. “It was real fun,” McFadden said. “The season went real well last year. After losing two years in a row to Miami Jackson in the first round we finally beat them and had the best season that we’ve had

- He's a lucky db being coached by 2 greats in Mike Rumph and Pat Surtain. “Coach Rumph was a big help in our season this year,” McFadden said. “He put together a real tough schedule so by the time we got to the playoffs it was nothing new and we were used to playing tough teams so we were real prepared. The way he influences me is I have both coach Pat and coach Rumph helping me as a corner and both of them have been to the NFL so they really influence me a lot and have helped me be a better DB.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/2015-CB-Tarvarus-McFadden-Gets-Offer-Visits-Miami-173612

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not unless the team wins AND the schemes become more aggressive.

A couple of years ago, it was winning...but with the way things ended in conference last year, the community (family, HS coaches, and advisors) is starting to turn on the coaching staff here.

Advertisement
He said he also wants to play with Jaquan, so if we get him i think Cole comes too.

Wow Jaquan is the big dog this recruiting cycle huh

Fellow recruits seem to drawn to him

2015 looks like a year where it's everybody or nobody. I don't know if it's legit or if it will stick like that, but there seems to be a lot of players looking to play with each other.

Advertisement
Jordan Kronkites interview

- UM offer meant alot to him as a fan. “Miami came by my school on Friday and watched film of me and told my coach they were offering,” Cronkrite said. “That was exciting to get a new offer, no matter what school it is. They are the school that I grew up a fan of, so that was a very nice offer to get.”

- He was at the Junior Day. “We met with the coaches at first and they talked about how the college lifestyle is,” Cronkrite said. “Then we broke out into position meetings and then we got a tour of the campus and then finally we had a barbecue. It was a real nice time.”

- His favorite part was meeting with Denzel, Chick and Gus. “I enjoyed hearing from the players most,” Cronkrite said. “They told us about the transition from high school to college and how it is important to manage your time and stay organized. They said in college you don’t have much free time, so you have to use it wisely.”

- He also spent time with Hurlie. “I got to speak briefly with coach Brown,” Cronkrite said. “He just told me how he is excited about me and how he wants me at UM. He told me he is going to keep in close contact with me. He likes how I have grown as a player and how I run with low pad level and how I run tough.

- He has 21 offers and will go to WVUs Junior Day next. “I still have to see some more schools and figure things out before I cut things down to my favorites,” Cronkrite said. “I still have a ways to go.”

- His teammate is Tim Irvin and they want to play with each other on the next level. “We have been playing together since eighth grade,” Cronkrite said. “I know that if we were going to go to the same school at the next level, it would be great because we could keep each other on point.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/RB-Jordan-Cronkrite-Talks-UM-Offer-JR-Day-173628

"I’m trying to get my ACT done so I can take some official visits"

This dudes commitment doesn't mean jack. Hasn't tested out yet so he's playing favorites. I hope he will be a Cane in the end, but some of these kids just commit to the flavor of the month.

I have a little insight as to some things that went down at JR day and when he came out of Golden's office the look on his face was like man I need to go rethink some things. I think AG gave him some real things to think about during their conversation.

2015 looks like a year where it's everybody or nobody. I don't know if it's legit or if it will stick like that, but there seems to be a lot of players looking to play with each other.

Yea it's pretty scary proposition... We can either follow up this very good class with one that can go down as the GOAT or be completely ****ed

As of now i think we're in good shape at least.

Advertisement
I have a little insight as to some things that went down at JR day and when he came out of Golden's office the look on his face was like man I need to go rethink some things. I think AG gave him some real things to think about during their conversation.

Token,
Are you referring to Jordan or Tyrek?

Cronkite made reference to this on twitter about cole

I can read Twitter too

Advertisement

Yea it's pretty scary proposition... We can either follow up this very good class with one that can go down as the GOAT or be completely ****ed

As of now i think we're in good shape at least.

What's interesting to me -- and this was mentioned by HurricaneGlory in another thread -- is that there appears to be two cliques we're currently in good standing with: Jaquan/Irvin/Cronkrite and Ridley/SBB. And apparently Cole wants to play with Jaquan as well, so it's clear that Johnson may have plenty of influence on other top-shelf talent.

There could be a domino effect in regards to the way this class is going to end up based on their decisions.

And if we get all of those studs it would only entice more studs to join in on the fun lol (Gibson, Scarlett, Patrick, Phillips, both Mcfaddens?).

2015 is gonna be hectic.

Token,
Are you referring to Jordan or Tyrek?

He is talking about tyrek cole

Advertisement
Back