Juniors Leaving Early For Draft

CBS just released their most recent mock draft.

Still had Joe Jack in the first round

Must be CIS hype.

With that said, I think Joe is trending out of first round. The injury hurts him and it's an unprecedented class at DL.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is a good solid player but hasn’t really progressed from his freshmans season. Certainly not the typical type of impact DE that goes in the 1st round. He needs to diversify his game and become a more impactful pass rusher.

Power ranked:

Richards
Jackson
Homer
Quarterman
Pinckney
Cager
Manhoney
Finley
Bethel
Boulware
Patchan
McCloud
Knowles
Milo
Irvin
Brown

Well Pinckney and Shaq have missed more tackles than they have made this year and have honestly regressed. Joe Jackson looks hobbled, slow, and one dimensional. Ahmmon hasn't played healthy in nearly 2 years and last year he had a problem with drops in his limited action. Homer has the tools but hasn't put it on tape yet this year against limited competition. Did I miss anyone with a legit shot even in the conversation?

Hate it for whoever WANTS to leave but they have no business. I'm sure it'll be 3 years in a row of juniors (at least one of them this year) making a poor decision. I think we all know who it'll be.
Yeah I noticed Joe Jack does look slow

Advertisement
Richards and Jackson are the top two prospects but they have injury issues. JJ also has to deal with a historically great DL class. I don't see Shaq and Pickney grading high enough, especially given their positions. Running backs usually go pro because of limited shelf-life, but Homer hasn't gotten loose yet.

We could be looking at a senior-laden team next year, which would be refreshing.

personally, not one of these guys should think of leaving. doesn't mean it won't happen, but there is not a junior on the roster who I think projects earlier than round 4-5

Zero should go. Which means a couple will, and there will be numbnuts who defend the position with such phrases as “ball out”, “feed they families”, and “combine will help them”.

I’ll say this, if nobody gets stupid and impatient, because leaving early is a function of those two characteristics, we will have a deep, experienced and talented team.

Joe Jackson is a good solid player but hasn’t really progressed from his freshmans season. Certainly not the typical type of impact DE that goes in the 1st round. He needs to diversify his game and become a more impactful pass rusher.

Yep.

In a deep class at DL, someone like him needs more of a track record.

As I said in another post, doubtful any of our juniors project higher than 4th round, at best.

There's isn't a single one who wouldn't benefit from another year.

Advertisement
If these guys all stick around & one of the freshman QB steps up then next year is truly “the year”.

Advertisement
Back