Juniors Leaving Early For Draft

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
This has been kicked around in most threads, but let's see what everyone thinks.

What are your predictions for guys who may leave early?

History has told us that there's always SOMEONE who makes a moronic decision to leave.

For the record, I don't think any of our guys should. I don't see any of them being ready OR getting favorable grades.

Having said that, my vote goes to Pinckney leaving early...

Advertisement
All I'll say is Ahmmon needs to get on the field if he wants to leave early

I could see Travis Homer leaving early if Dallas gets increasing reps throughout the season while his carries diminish. Similar to a Joe Yearby situation.

Advertisement
Joe Jack is gone for sure. I agree with the sentiment that Pinkney will leave as well, even though he'll go 6th round at best.

I could see Travis Homer leaving early if Dallas gets increasing reps throughout the season while his carries diminish. Similar to a Joe Yearby situation.
Homer doesn’t have mouths to feed I’m guessing where as Yearby had 2. And him and Dallas are splitting reps evenly until one of them takes that next step.

Advertisement
Well Pinckney and Shaq have missed more tackles than they have made this year and have honestly regressed. Joe Jackson looks hobbled, slow, and one dimensional. Ahmmon hasn't played healthy in nearly 2 years and last year he had a problem with drops in his limited action. Homer has the tools but hasn't put it on tape yet this year against limited competition. Did I miss anyone with a legit shot even in the conversation?

Hate it for whoever WANTS to leave but they have no business. I'm sure it'll be 3 years in a row of juniors (at least one of them this year) making a poor decision. I think we all know who it'll be.

The last two years kids have made mistakes leaving early (Kaaya, Yearby, Mac, and Norton). As of right now nobody should even think about leaving.

Guys that wouldn't shock me if they left, because nobody shocks me leaving early anymore:
Ahmon, Shaq, Pinck, Jackson, Homer.

Guys I expect to leave:
Jackson, Pinck, Homer

Our staff is going to get caught totally by surprise by this, and will not recruit assuming they all leave like they should be, like they should have done with the DT recruiting the last three cycles.

I would say that Travis doesn't leave unless he starts getting increased reps over DJ to show the NFL his value. But I can see also, his frustration if his reps go down behind DJ and or if Lingards increase and his don't

Advertisement
Guys that wouldn't shock me if they left, because nobody shocks me leaving early anymore:
Ahmon, Shaq, Pinck, Jackson, Homer.

Guys I expect to leave:
Jackson, Pinck, Homer

Our staff is going to get caught totally by surprise by this, and will not recruit assuming they all leave like they should be, like they should have done with the DT recruiting the last three cycles.
There is already depth at rb and they want 2 in this class. They are looking at 4 DEs and already have 3 LBs committed. So they already have it covered.

Being brutally honest not one should declare early. Will they? Maybe pickney, We all Ahmmon has the skills to go top 2 rounds but has to be on the field. Joe Jackson should not declare

After 3 games, no one has shown enough to leave early.

I fully expect Richards and Jackson to leave regardless (although another year may help but we’ll see how the rest of the year goes).

Homer is gone as he’ll never be the true #1 here especially with Lingard closing in on a bigger role. Homer will be drafted higher than most think due to his ST value.

Pinckney seems likely to leave but both him and Shaq need to come back and refine their games.

Advertisement
Most of them will probably leave. They all want to get paid. And what’s the upside of coming back? It’s not like they can trust the coaches to help them get better and have a big senior year to increase their stock. They all are what they are.

Ahmon Travis and Joe have the most upside and a good combine might get them drafted in the first three rounds.

Hopefully Shaq and Pick get drafted to good organizations that can help them develop.

Richards and Jackson are the top two prospects but they have injury issues. JJ also has to deal with a historically great DL class. I don't see Shaq and Pickney grading high enough, especially given their positions. Running backs usually go pro because of limited shelf-life, but Homer hasn't gotten loose yet.

We could be looking at a senior-laden team next year, which would be refreshing.

Homer may also be tempted to leave because it may not just be Dallas cutting into his carries as Lingard emerges. Love what Homer did for us last year but he could find himself 3 string next season.

Advertisement
Back