Juniors Leaving Early For Draft

Advertisement
yeah i'm not sure how anyone would come to the conclusion that homer would go to the league because he isn't getting enough pt, especially since he saw what happened to yearby first-hand. if he goes anywhere before using up his eligibility, the logical step would be as a grad transfer. he'd probably go undrafted or as a day 3 player at best right now if he wanted to go early.

Yearby did it - and he was much worse. Don't underestimate the power of So Fla agents getting in their ear.

Joe Jackson needs to develop more than a bull rush to round his game in to becoming the 1st rounder his measurable suggest he should be. Homer will stay unless he is on pace to graduate early, Ahmon needs to get on the field. The only guy who I REALLY want to leave early is Feagles & he is a year too early.

Maybe grad transfer is the way to go for him then. He would be buried on the depth chart next year.

it's the only thing that makes sense. the line isn't doing him any favors and he's averaging 54 yards/game after playing the 2 weakest teams we play all year.

Advertisement
Shaq seems to have a good head on his shoulders and a smart dad who will guide him right. I don't think he leaves. Homer is 100% gone regardless of what he does this year. If AR comes back this season and puts together a good tape, he's gone (don't see that happening). J Jackson was supposed to be some kind of freak of nature and has looked pretty ordinary to me, but who knows with him. Ditto with Pinckney.

Homer goes undrafted at this point. Any excuse given for him leaving regarding shelf life, special teams, etc is being delusional and it goes into what I posted earlier about our fans and piers of these kids feeding them horsesh*t and giving them terrible advice. Ask Joe Yearby how that worked out for him. Most schools platoon backs now a days unless they are an all world talent like your Adrian Petersons or Saquon Barkley's. So they are not using up that much tread on their tires.

There was a time when the best player on Miami ,at a specific position (DE, LB, Corner, etc), was a certified top 50 pick.

We’re not in that time at the moment.

Joe Jack is a 3rd rounder. Richards hasn’t been healthy in two years. Homer is being outplayed by Dallas. Shaq? na. 56? Na.

I hope players learned from McIntosh and Norton. Both were pretty good last year. Both should’ve stayed.

Richards and Jackson are the top two prospects but they have injury issues. JJ also has to deal with a historically great DL class. I don't see Shaq and Pickney grading high enough, especially given their positions. Running backs usually go pro because of limited shelf-life, but Homer hasn't gotten loose yet.

We could be looking at a senior-laden team next year, which would be refreshing.

That would be amazing and with above average QB play we would be very dangerous next year.

Advertisement
Not a single junior is ready for the NFL. With that said, I still think we'll see numerous players leaving that shouldn't.

Advertisement
You’re trying way too hard. I’ll re-word it.

He won’t grow his stock any higher due to splitting carries with DJ and Lingawd next year. His value as a fast/tough runner with questionable vision probably puts him in the 5th-7th round (especially with how his season started, it could change though). Due to him being a menace on ST and being able to be a 2nd or 3rd option as RB, an NFL team may draft him above his perceived value as a RB.

This mindset is exactly what's wrong with college football players today. Man that's just bad.

****** Pete and his trash unemployment agency have likely already been in contact with all of our REMOTELY talented underclassmen. You guys that keep saying "none should go" are shouting into the wind. Like 50 kids this year that SHOULDN'T go will declare for the draft and not even get drafted. Another 50 will think they are top two round picks and go in the bottom 4 rounds. It is a virtual certainty that several of our Juniors will declare.

Shaq could leave...

giphy.gif

Advertisement
None of them have any business leaving, but, given our history with dumb early entries, I’d guess 80% of the eligible guys leave.

I could see Travis Homer leaving early if Dallas gets increasing reps throughout the season while his carries diminish. Similar to a Joe Yearby situation.

I could see Homer leaving early regardless of his performance. Logic never seems to apply to our players. Even if they don't get on an NFL team, they still bolt.

Homer goes undrafted at this point. Any excuse given for him leaving regarding shelf life, special teams, etc is being delusional and it goes into what I posted earlier about our fans and piers of these kids feeding them horsesh*t and giving them terrible advice. Ask Joe Yearby how that worked out for him. Most schools platoon backs now a days unless they are an all world talent like your Adrian Petersons or Saquon Barkley's. So they are not using up that much tread on their tires.

He might go undrafted. Then perhaps a grad transfer like Gus the Bus is in the cards. My position on Homer is less about him being "NFL ready" than it is about him having nothing to gain by coming back. He might well be 4th string next year if he stays.

Regarding Yearby, his mistake was not getting a degree before he left. He wasn't going to get drafted if he came back for his senior year.

CBS just released their most recent mock draft.

Still had Joe Jack in the first round

Ahmmon not mentioned

Advertisement
Back