Juniors Leaving Early For Draft

After 3 games, no one has shown enough to leave early.

I fully expect Richards and Jackson to leave regardless (although another year may help but we’ll see how the rest of the year goes).

Homer is gone as he’ll never be the true #1 here especially with Lingard closing in on a bigger role. Homer will be drafted higher than most think due to his ST value.

Pinckney seems likely to leave but both him and Shaq need to come back and refine their games.

So Homer won't be good enough to be a true #1 RB at Miami, but will be better suited in the NFL? LMAO

NFL teams spend higher draft picks on Special Teams players...?

:pgdead:

Advertisement
Any of Pinck, Ahmmon, Joe Jack, and probably Homer who get a <5th round grade will go.

I think everyone returns. These are the first players brought in by Richt....the true Jrs i mean. They will return and lead us to the playoffs

Realistic I could see cager leave if he continues to ball out

Thought about him too but I think he is a guy who would need more film because he would not light up the combine by any means. He would give me Tommy Streeter flashbacks if he went.

Advertisement
if theres big time momentum at the end of the season, youd like to see what the clemson guys did, especially given the fact that they wont even be in that draft position

Advertisement
Unfortunately a good portion of our fan base overrate and exaggerate the value of our players and it bleeds up to the players themselves with all the smoke blown up their a$$ by the fans, agents, etc. Some knuckleheads on here are already sending a guy to the league his JR year before he plays a down at Miami. There is no one on this team that should honestly leave early and would be making the same mistake as McIntosh and Norton just last year. AR has disappeared since his freshman year and JJ still struggles being consistent as an every down DE. Name me a recent Miami player that has truly blossomed in the league. Meaning a star or HOF candidate. All of them could use another year of seasoning and get their degree.

So Homer won't be good enough to be a true #1 RB at Miami, but will be better suited in the NFL? LMAO

You’re trying way too hard. I’ll re-word it.

He won’t grow his stock any higher due to splitting carries with DJ and Lingawd next year. His value as a fast/tough runner with questionable vision probably puts him in the 5th-7th round (especially with how his season started, it could change though). Due to him being a menace on ST and being able to be a 2nd or 3rd option as RB, an NFL team may draft him above his perceived value as a RB.

Richards and Jackson are the top two prospects but they have injury issues. JJ also has to deal with a historically great DL class. I don't see Shaq and Pickney grading high enough, especially given their positions. Running backs usually go pro because of limited shelf-life, but Homer hasn't gotten loose yet.

We could be looking at a senior-laden team next year, which would be refreshing.

Your logic makes sense. It actually happening is entirely different unfortunately, especially with all of the types that advised Norton to leave early which subsequently led to McIntosh leaving as well, despite overwhelming evidence that they should've stayed.

Advertisement
I'll say no one. Ammon was the only slight possibility, but injuries have put a hold on that for now. It is Week 3 right? I think the colossally dumb decisions by RJ and Norton will serve as a lesson to our underclassman for years. Hopefully, a few of the "elite" posters on here have learned something too(I make that market 1 in 10). My $.02.

Go Canes!

Travis would Do well at the combine and that is the only thing that could save him. AND these borderline guys don’t have senior bowl games to help them either. It would be dumb. But who knows maybe Richards comes back and lights it up

Advertisement
There isn't a single potential early enrollee on the roster who would get drafted if the draft was today. Richards is the most likely to be picked but nobody wants a guy who is hurt constantly.

Shaq seems to have a good head on his shoulders and a smart dad who will guide him right. I don't think he leaves. Homer is 100% gone regardless of what he does this year. If AR comes back this season and puts together a good tape, he's gone (don't see that happening). J Jackson was supposed to be some kind of freak of nature and has looked pretty ordinary to me, but who knows with him. Ditto with Pinckney.

yeah i'm not sure how anyone would come to the conclusion that homer would go to the league because he isn't getting enough pt, especially since he saw what happened to yearby first-hand. if he goes anywhere before using up his eligibility, the logical step would be as a grad transfer. he'd probably go undrafted or as a day 3 player at best right now if he wanted to go early.

yeah i'm not sure how anyone would come to the conclusion that homer would go to the league because he isn't getting enough pt. if he goes anywhere before using up his eligibility, the logical step would be as a grad transfer. he'd probably go undrafted or as a day 3 player at best right now if he wanted to go early.

Maybe grad transfer is the way to go for him then. He would be buried on the depth chart next year.

Advertisement
Back