July 29, 2023 BBQ

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
To me shorty’s is convenient and edible. But yeah very overrated.
It’s not like real bbq. It’s just that as a kid I grew up going there for the beef sandwiches and corn. My father was going there as a student at UM in the 50’s. It’s just one of those places I guess.

Haven’t eaten there in years though.

Advertisement
This thread is so wildly off topic and on topic at the same time

Keep it up you beautiful ********

We get some **** good BBQ in the Carolinas
Used to love Allen and Son BBQ in Chapel Hill, but sadly I think it closed in 2018.

In South Carolina, Smokin’ Pig was delicious. Only open Thursday through Saturday I think, went there for the first time back in 2010 when we beat Clemson 30-21. Went back a few times over the next couple of years, but now it’s been a good 7-8 years since I last dined there. No idea how it’s doing currently. Last time I went, they had to open an outside patio to accommodate more customers. It used to be tiny and full of Clemson faithful.

Last edited:
Love mission BBQ, but will say I'm biased because they are very pro military.

As in its their business model.
1689652397289.gif

1689652573612.gif

1689652606452.gif

Advertisement
I grew up on that side of town and now it's hard to muster up the motivation to fight that west side traffic. My parents still live out there and I dread having to drive out there to go see them. I'll definitely check this place out too....pic looks great.
I lived a less than a mile from that spot until 2019 before it opened so unfortunately never got to try it. Another spot out there that’s pretty good is Finka (not bbq). Ironically now I live out by where Pig Floyd was originally. So I missed out on both.

I’m with you about going out there. I think I rather shoot out to the “Shivers” joint that was recommended that’s in homestead.

Odd that this high 4* WI OT is coming down that week for a visit, but will be in Gainesville when we're having the BBQ

He's from Waukesha, so I'm going to need one of these websites to ask him if Steven Avery and his nephew are guilty or not.

Advertisement
Back